+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Susan and Coyt

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacali
    Well, they aren't the couple that I'd prefer to win either, but, I still don't quite understand: Why would the wedding her parents paid for not allow for her Dad to dance with her??
    I think that it is cause thier religion does not allow dancing

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fastcar
    well, i admit that so far, i rather like them, "quirks and all." i am suspicious of the editing, but i haven't seen evidence to support the hate you show. when i look at what nbc has shown us, i see the following:

(1) andy said he wanted to win, but hoped coyt and susan would cause they deserved it.
    (2) robert said he hoped coyt and susan would win after he was eleminated.
    (3) chris, cindy, ethan and tonya had the chance to eleminate them but obviously didn't dislike them enough to do so, even thought they are obviously are a threat. why would smart people do that?
    (4) vinny, even after being eleminted gave coyt credit for recognizing him as a threat and taking him out.

in short, i see none of the contestants "hating" c&s the way you do, so that suggests to me that maybe we are getting selective editing, to try to spice up and save a show that isn't doing that well. of course, since you are scott's friend, you have undoubtedly spoken to scott, and he must share your feelings or you would not persist in your attacks. scott's and your feelings aside though, i believe we are getting some purposeful editing here. i gotta admit that i even ended up not disliking richard hatch once i saw the final episode and everyone got to talk about him without the editing. that causes me to not jump to my opinions so fast about what people are like when all i see is what the network wants me to see.
    First and foremost, people can dislike someone and still think they deserve to win because maybe they played the best (richard hatch). Because someone thinks another deserves to win does not imply that people like them.

All of your statements regarding the cast are implications of what we saw. This goes back to my main point above. First, Andy said that he hoped they won BEFORE he was backstabbed. Second, Vinny giving them credit does not imply that he liked them. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but giving credit does not necessarily mean he likes them. I could give the same analysis for the other two points, but there's no reason to.

I dont think I need to address the whole Scott/Scott's friend thing again. Maybe you can understand this: MY POSTS ARE SOLELY MY OPINION. I HAVE NOT TALKED TO SCOTT ABOUT THE SHOW. HE ASKED ME TO TONE MY POSTS DOWN FROM THE ORIGINAL POSTS AND I HAVE, SO YOU WOULD HAVE TO ASK SCOTT PERSONALLY TO GET HIS FEELINGS. He is a nice guy (much nicer than me) who got voted off. Why dont you just drop the implications that it's him or that he has anything to do with my posts. The only thing he has to do with them is my being much calmer than I was in my first few posts because he's told me that he has no ill-feelings against S&C. That's why all of my subsequent comments have related to the show and what I've seen on the show. None of us know, maybe Coyt and Susan and Scott and Jess are good friends now that they are off the show. Who knows?
    And why do YOU care what Scott thinks anyways? I mean, REALLY, what is with all the concern? You don't know Scott, you don't know Jessica, you don't know Coyt, and you don't know Susan (right?), so why do you care so much what Scott thinks? Whether he hates him or loves him doesn't have anything to do with the substance of my posts. For once, Please, for the benefit of everyone on this forum, try to respond to the substance of my posts and leave it at that.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    I recall Susan mentioning in the first episode that she and Coyt wanted to win so that they could have the wedding THEY wanted, as opposed to the wedding her parents want. I guess if her parents are paying, then the parents have final say as to what takes place, etc. I think she may have even mentioned the dancing issue back then as well.

Susan and Coyt are not my favourite couple, in part because of them voting off one of the other couples in their "commitment" early on in the game. I found that dishonest and lacking in integrity. A person's word should mean something.
    Well, they've already got $18,000 and that will certainly pay for a decent wedding and a DJ or Band..........so would someone on this show please kick them off already.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by A2fast4u
    You've got issues! You really want who to win? Susan & Coyt or Carolyn & Ethan ...Make up ur mind
    Issues? I think it's pretty clear from their post that they don't want Susan and Coyt to win. Was there a point to your reply other than being mean to this user?

sty_at_home_mom
    Quote Originally Posted by coythater21
    Well, they've already got $18,000 and that will certainly pay for a decent wedding and a DJ or Band..........so would someone on this show please kick them off already.
    Andre and Tonya will be kicking them off next show! C&S have run out of luck.

FORT Regular
    Does anyone else think it's terribly ironic that the only reason Susan and Coyt still have a chance of winning this competition is because other couples have kept their word and played with integrity? I mean, you've got a couple in Susan and Coyt who feasted on voting off the strongest couples and turning their back on their commitment in the beginning; still in this "race" because the other couples on this show that have earned power positions have refused to turn their backs on their commitments or to take the easy way out.
    If there was ever a couple that doesn't deserve to win this game it's got to be Susan and Coyt (and no, they are not the "strongest" couple anymore because they haven't one anything in the last 4 challenges).

sty_at_home_mom
    Does anyone else think it's terribly ironic that the only reason Susan and Coyt still have a chance of winning (and no, they are not the "strongest" couple anymore because they haven't one anything in the last 4 challenges).
    I think that you are right, that Coyt and Susan are not the strongest couple any more. They are not winning! I think that the other couples are stronger and Susan and Coyt's winning luck has simply run out. The other couples are saving them to just beat them in the end.

As to the rhetoric regarding the commitment: I think that "commitments" are stupid...dumb idea, dumb practice. Even Carolyn said, that she was ok voting off Coyt and Susan as they already won money. Coyt and Susan are only still around cause the remaining couples know they can beat them. I mean Currently Andre and Tonya have won 3 challenges (all relationship) Coyt and Susan have won 4 (3 physical and 1 relationship) Andre is on the rise and no one can stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by A2fast4u
    You've got issues! You really want who to win? Susan & Coyt or Carolyn & Ethan ...Make up ur mind
    Lol.. Sorry I thought I was posting on Carolyn & Ethan thread.. I really want Carolyn & Ethan to win.. NOT Suemonkey & Coygirl..

Issues? I think it's pretty clear from their post that they don't want Susan and Coyt to win. Was there a point to your reply other than being mean to this user?
    Awww.. Shucks.. thanks for defending me..

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by benicecomics
    Awww.. Shucks.. thanks for defending me..
    No problem......Don't mention it

+ Reply to Thread