+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Susan and Coyt

Ever watched survivor, coyhater?

Really, voting off Andy and Becca is a very small blip on the Reality TV dastardly deeds radar. It hardly even registers.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    Ever watched survivor, coyhater?

Really, voting off Andy and Becca is a very small blip on the Reality TV dastardly deeds radar. It hardly even registers.
    I just think its funny that Coyt said he was saving the integrity of the game and then violated his commitment. Keeping the integrity by violating the commitment? Interesting.

Hey everyone... going back to the commitment thing in the second episode tht we're still talking about, don't forget that we all have to keep in mind the magic of editing. 2 things to point out in this regard... 1.) Think about all of the video that is shot with these couples throughout the course of each and every day (remember that a cameraman is with them at ALL times, and there's even a camera on them as they sleep) and try to pick out the best bites to fit in a 1 hour show. With a countless number of sound bites from each couple and the need to tell a "story" each and every episode, the editors can make every person look exactly how they want. My favorite example of this is an episode of the Simpsons that I sort'a remember where Homer is on some talk show, and later on there is a news clip of him saying a sentence, but each word is taken from a different part of the interview, making him say something he never really said. I know it's not the same thing, but I think it illustrates my point. Also, 2.) Remember that we watch everything from the third person. To EVERYONE, C & S looked like backstabbing SOBs, but remember that we heard parts of other conversations that they didn't, and we also didn't hear parts of their conversations, or others'. Personally, I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt before I sell their souls to Satan.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I'm closing this thread for a day or two, until y'all can act like adults. If you have personal comments to make to each other, for god's sake, take it to PM and leave us the hell out of it.

If you insist that every single member is just an alias of a real contestant, you've got a REALLY high opinion of our site for one thing, and you're beginning to piss me off for another thing. Either respond to a user as a user, or don't. I don't care which, but I'm done dealing with this babysitting crap.
    Thanks for doing this, John. It was getting downright dangerous to post an opinion on here.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    Thanks for doing this, John. It was getting downright dangerous to post an opinion on here.
    It would appear that it still is, breathless4975.

So breathless, how ya doin?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    It would appear that it still is, breathless4975.

So breathless, how ya doin?
    Hangin' in there waiting for the next Susan & Coyt show! lol
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbg99
    Hey everyone... going back to the commitment thing in the second episode tht we're still talking about, don't forget that we all have to keep in mind the magic of editing. 2 things to point out in this regard... 1.) Think about all of the video that is shot with these couples throughout the course of each and every day (remember that a cameraman is with them at ALL times, and there's even a camera on them as they sleep) and try to pick out the best bites to fit in a 1 hour show. With a countless number of sound bites from each couple and the need to tell a "story" each and every episode, the editors can make every person look exactly how they want. My favorite example of this is an episode of the Simpsons that I sort'a remember where Homer is on some talk show, and later on there is a news clip of him saying a sentence, but each word is taken from a different part of the interview, making him say something he never really said. I know it's not the same thing, but I think it illustrates my point. Also, 2.) Remember that we watch everything from the third person. To EVERYONE, C & S looked like backstabbing SOBs, but remember that we heard parts of other conversations that they didn't, and we also didn't hear parts of their conversations, or others'. Personally, I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt before I sell their souls to Satan.
    In part, a fair point to be sure. However, how do you know that Susan and Coyt are worth defending? How do you know that NBC isn't just showing it the way it happened? I mean, I'm one sided because I'm biased (having been Scott's friend), everyone here knows that...........but I don't understand the people (like yourself) that feel the need to defend Susan and Coyt at every turn. I mean, if we accept your logic, then how do we know that Susan and Coyt aren't actually worse people than the show portrays? I guess my point is: taking the fact that there is editing into consideration leaves us (no matter whose side you are on) with only one thing to comment on in this forum: and that is what we see on tv. I've got the easier task here........NBC has given me plenty of fuel for this ongoing fire (except last week's episode.....man that was boring).........but what have you seen on TV that makes defending Susan and Coyt so worth while?
    And, what about giving the "benefit of the doubt" to Andy and Becca?: I don't think they would have been as upset as they were when they got kicked off unless they felt betrayed.
    To everyone else: sorry for the long post.

Susan & Coyt seem to be very unlikeable people to me and I can't wait for them to lose one of the competitions for power couple. Once they lose I'm sure they will be eliminated. Can't happen soon enough to suit me. Coyt looks like a real dweeb and Susan's constant eye-rolling and big nose bug me to no end.

FORT Newbie
    Anyone else notice her tiny, little forehead? She looks like a troll.

Break his skinny neck.....

FORT Newbie
    -"yeah, it would have been nice to see andy beat coyt dragging a 100 lb ball underwater, but he couldn't do it. it would have been nice to see him outlast coyt holding on to his fiancee 100 feet in the air, but oh yea, he couldn't do that either - wasn't as strong as coyt apparetly."

actually...first of all...you heard andy's explaination on why he couldn't drag the 100 pound ball...he couldn't hold his breath long enough to get to the ball...and he stayed true to his word. he said he was going to finish the challenge and he did. and second of all...no he didn't hold on to becca loger than coyt. but not because he's not stronger...he had just gotten a cast off of his arm like 2 days before that. so his arm was probably still hurting from that...and the strength in his arm was nowhere near where it would have been if he hadn't broken it. i'm sure that andy is stronger than coyt. mentally and physically.

+ Reply to Thread