+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Tonya and Andree

  1. #31
    Picture Perfect SnowflakeGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the Limelight
    Posts
    7,348
    I like this couple...Well, let me correct that and say I like Andree, because over the past few weeks Tonya's been getting increasingly on my nerves. Fear & insecurity, I can understand. But the way she acted on last Saturday's episode, it seems like she doesn't even want to try to help Andree out with anything. I can't believe the way she was just standing there while Andree searched the Thomas & Mack arena, and then her little comment to Andree at the end while he was lugging that 50 lb sack of rice really set me off. I wouldn't mind if they won, but I'd like to see Andree get married to a woman who's more deserving of him! (And right now that's not Tonya!)
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

  2. #32
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I like this couple...Well, let me correct that and say I like Andree, because over the past few weeks Tonya's been getting increasingly on my nerves. Fear & insecurity, I can understand. But the way she acted on last Saturday's episode, it seems like she doesn't even want to try to help Andree out with anything. I can't believe the way she was just standing there while Andree searched the Thomas & Mack arena, and then her little comment to Andree at the end while he was lugging that 50 lb sack of rice really set me off. I wouldn't mind if they won, but I'd like to see Andree get married to a woman who's more deserving of him! (And right now that's not Tonya!)
    I've been keeping up with this show, I think it could have been done a lot better and frankly there just seems to be too many reality shows on right now, especially that cupid show, I tried to watch it last night but did not enjoy it. At any rate......I seem to like 2 of the last couples in this race, being Carolyn and Ethan and Andrea and Tonya. I do agree that Andrea and Tonya seem strong , and yes it seems as though Tonya does have some fear issues, but I have to disagree with snowflakegirl with her comments of Andree needing to marry a woman more deserving of him, thats a strong comment to make about people whom no one really knows, and the fact that the editors edit what they want the audience to see. No one knows what either of the couple is really like, nor do any of us see the entire events that take place. And for her as well as some others that I have read earlier in the beginning episodes that was a personal blow to that couple and also some of the other comments that were going around for that susan and coyt and becca and andy couples. Posting is suppose to be for us as fans to enjoy to come out to and converse about the different shows, but some of us get turned away from doing so b/c they don't know how to keep it clean and fun! At any rate, best of luck to Carolyn and Ethan and also to Andrea and Tonya, whatever u do beat Susan and Coyt.

  3. #33
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I like this couple...Well, let me correct that and say I like Andree, because over the past few weeks Tonya's been getting increasingly on my nerves. Fear & insecurity, I can understand. But the way she acted on last Saturday's episode, it seems like she doesn't even want to try to help Andree out with anything. I can't believe the way she was just standing there while Andree searched the Thomas & Mack arena, and then her little comment to Andree at the end while he was lugging that 50 lb sack of rice really set me off. I wouldn't mind if they won, but I'd like to see Andree get married to a woman who's more deserving of him! (And right now that's not Tonya!)
    Wow... I sense some hate Snowflakegirl!! Obviously since you don't personally know Tonya your comments must be assumptions -- and everyone knows what assuming does. I have one question for you? Why do you have so many negative comments to say about someone that you don't know? Do you limit your thinking to the editors of a television show or are you outright jealous of Tonya? Either of the two, I challenge you to expand your thinking and not let mere editing guide your thoughts. I happen to know Tonya, she has been my best friend for over 10 years. Tonya is one of the most caring, intelligent and sincere women that I know. These are the qualities made Dree' choose to make her his wife. His love and dedication for Tonya is not based on her fear of heights, how long she can stay in water or what word she may mispronounce.... We all have challenges within ourselves that we need to overcome. Perhaps Snowflakegirl, when you look within yourself and address your weakness, instead of "attempting" to call out Tonya's, then you will be able to move on and make yourself a better woman so that you will be more "deserving" of you husband.

  4. #34
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Time2Play
    I've been keeping up with this show, I think it could have been done a lot better and frankly there just seems to be too many reality shows on right now, especially that cupid show, I tried to watch it last night but did not enjoy it...converse about the different shows, but some of us get turned away from doing so b/c they don't know how to keep it clean and fun! At any rate, best of luck to Carolyn and Ethan and also to Andrea and Tonya, whatever u do beat Susan and Coyt.
    It seems ironic to me that you justify some behavior and blame editing, but you validate the behavior of others. You say that editing is to blame on Tonya’s bad behavior, but you attribute (based on your "beat Coyt and Susan" comment) Coyt and Susan’s on them.

    At the very least be consistent!

  5. #35
    Kip
    Kip is online now
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by floridagirl
    Do you limit your thinking to the editors of a television show or are you outright jealous of Tonya?
    Hi, Floridagirl. I'll let Snowflake answer for herself, but I didn't sense any hate from her. The edited story is all we have to go on. After a lot of reality shows are over, the contestants will say "so-and-so wasn't really like he was shown on the program, he's really nice." That's usually because the editors try to make whatever happened into a story, so they cast characters into the role of good girl, bad girl, rogue, intellectual, etc. and show mostly only the clips that support those ideas. But what we see on TV is all we know. There's no way we can know Tonya like you do. Most of the posters here (myself included) seem to like Andre and Tonya a lot. A lot of us don't like Coyt and Susan because they're too conniving. But it's quite possible that A&T and Ethan and Carolyn are just as conniving as C&S, and that we're just not shown that.

    I probably would have reacted the same way Tonya did on top of that building. But this is a competition we're watching, and Tonya did hold them back as a couple in that. That's nothing against Tonya personally. And in the scavenger hunt, in the arena where they were supposed to look for shoes, Tonya just stood there for a bit. And in the museum looking for the rice, Tonya did seem pretty ineffectual. Again, I may not have done any better, and it's nothing personal against Tonya--it can't be personal because we don't know her.

    Are you the friend who went to visit her in Vegas? If so, what did you think of Carolyn?

    I'm hoping Andre & Tonya and Carolyn and Ethan will be in the finals together.

  6. #36
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    Hi, Floridagirl. I'll let Snowflake answer for herself, but I didn't sense any hate from her. The edited story is all we have to go on. After a lot of reality shows are over, the contestants will say "so-and-so wasn't really like he was shown on the program, he's really nice." That's usually because the editors try to make whatever happened into a story, so they cast characters into the role of good girl, bad girl, rogue, intellectual, etc. and show mostly only the clips that support those ideas. But what we see on TV is all we know. There's no way we can know Tonya like you do. Most of the posters here (myself included) seem to like Andre and Tonya a lot. A lot of us don't like Coyt and Susan because they're too conniving. But it's quite possible that A&T and Ethan and Carolyn are just as conniving as C&S, and that we're just not shown that.

    I probably would have reacted the same way Tonya did on top of that building. But this is a competition we're watching, and Tonya did hold them back as a couple in that. That's nothing against Tonya personally. And in the scavenger hunt, in the arena where they were supposed to look for shoes, Tonya just stood there for a bit. And in the museum looking for the rice, Tonya did seem pretty ineffectual. Again, I may not have done any better, and it's nothing personal against Tonya--it can't be personal because we don't know her.

    Are you the friend who went to visit her in Vegas? If so, what did you think of Carolyn?

    I'm hoping Andre & Tonya and Carolyn and Ethan will be in the finals together.
    Hi Kip, I am replying to your message in response to Floridagirl, I must say that I do agree with the both of you. My point earlier, wasn't that it was bad to cheer on the fav. or least couple, and by me saying that I hope Andrea and Tonya or Ethan and Carolyn beat Susan and Coyt, thats just the teams I like, BUT what I didn't do was throw out a low and very personal statement about whom someone deserves or not deserves in a marriage, I just think that was in ded a very HATEFUL statement, (imagine if you were getting married, or were married and someone made that comment to your other half) , or made that comment about a close relative or a friend, or whoever , that was a very personal comment and was not really called for. Its fun to sometimes make fun a little mishaps in shows or whatever, but I feel that there is a limit to that. If I were Floridagirl or anyone else for that matter who knew her or any of the others I would have been offended too. The forums seem to be fun as I have read through a lot of them, but just never decided to go out and say anything, but with that one of "suggesting" that maybe a man hasn't chosen or isn't choosing correctly who will be he life long partner was just very shallow to me. But at any rate, I'm still hoping for either of the two couples to pull it off in the end.

  7. #37
    Kip
    Kip is online now
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Time2Play
    My point earlier, wasn't that it was bad to cheer on the fav. or least couple... BUT what I didn't do was throw out a low and very personal statement about whom someone deserves or not deserves in a marriage, I just think that was in ded a very HATEFUL statement, (imagine if you were getting married, or were married and someone made that comment to your other half) , or made that comment about a close relative or a friend,.
    Time2Play, I'm somewhat in agreement with you. If someone made a comment about one of my loved ones, even if I knew their opinion was based on faulty/incomplete information, I'd be defensive and be ready to scratch their eyes out. But, on the other hand, anyone who goes a reality tv show has to know and expect that they are essentially becoming a cartoon/sitcom/movie character and will be discussed as such. It's natural to discuss the behaviors we see (which are only what maybe 2% of that person's total behaviors). When we say Sally doesn't deserve Harry, it's based only on how we've seen them portrayed--and that portrayal may or may not have anything to do with reality--but it's all we know. In essence, we're discussing fictional characters.

  8. #38
    sty_at_home_mom
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    Time2Play, I'm somewhat in agreement with you. If someone made a comment about one of my loved ones, even if I knew their opinion was based on faulty/incomplete information, I'd be defensive and be ready to scratch their eyes out. But, on the other hand, anyone who goes a reality tv show has to know and expect that they are essentially becoming a cartoon/sitcom/movie character and will be discussed as such. It's natural to discuss the behaviors we see (which are only what maybe 2% of that person's total behaviors). When we say Sally doesn't deserve Harry, it's based only on how we've seen them portrayed--and that portrayal may or may not have anything to do with reality--but it's all we know. In essence, we're discussing fictional characters.
    We absolutely are discussing fictional characters! I mean come on; these people are on a reality TV show. They went on knowing that people that know nothing about them would form and hold opinions. Who cares, I am sure they don't. If someone does not like Tonya...what difference does it make? You guys should read some of the other threads, people are way meaner then this, without people getting bent out of shape.

    My opinion for what it is worth (little):
    Ethan and Carolyn: I think that Carolyn is whiny, but Ethan handles her well. They really turned me off of them in the last episode. Perpetual losing, and oh yah WHINY

    Andre and Tonya: This used to be my favorite couple, but honestly Tonya made me stop liking them. She is unsupportive and generally worthless (as far as the game of course).

    Coyt and Susan: I did not really like them at first, but they are like machines. I think these to are the most competitive and strongest out of everyone! My money is on them.

  9. #39
    sty_at_home_mom
    Guest

    Race from Tonya

    Poor Andre having to deal with her attitude and race to the altar with her on his back. I think that he should be allowed to continue on without her...or better yet pick up someone new (I mean they are in Vegas).

    Here is the strongest guy in the whole show and they have not won a single physical event...not one! I am quite sure that it is not his fault. She is a weight around his ankles, that if not removed will pull him down.

    I can deal with her insecurities, before I got married I watched my husband like a hawk, but Tonya's laziness and unsupportive nature is simply inexcusable.

    To think that this used to be my favorite couple.

  10. #40
    Picture Perfect SnowflakeGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the Limelight
    Posts
    7,348
    I am absolutely addressing any person I comment upon as I would a fictionalized character; that is, based on the personas that are portrayed on the television show.

    I will apologize to FloridaGirl if she feels my comments are harsh. I respect her comments since she is obviously a good friend to defend Tonya as she did.

    However, I don't regret expressing my opinion, and would tell her in the future not to take anything I say too seriously. As the other posters have pointed out very articulately, people who are on these shows have to know that on television they become characters, and it's fair game for the public to discuss them however we please.

    Even the people on the shows themselves are aware of this. I've already received several emails from people who were actually on the show themselves (some of whom I've been much more critical of). All have said really nice things to me about my recaps, and are obviously "in on the joke", meaning they don't take what I've said about their portrayals on the show personally. They've had a great sense of humor about it, and recognize that it's purely entertainment and has nothing to with their real lives or personalities at all.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.