+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tonya and Andree

Andree is still my favorite guy on the show. He is fine and nice to look at especially in his swim trunks. He is not perfect just competitive. This is a game that he wants to win. They regrouped very well as a couple when they regained their composure and won the next competition. They showed self-confidence and loyalty by not voting the
    strongest competition out. The couple that got the boot really sucked at playing the game and with their attitude problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    I thought he was an absolute jerk! I've missed the last couple of shows, so maybe this drama on her part is a regular thing and other people have lost their patience with her. But from what I saw, he gave her no support whatsoever, and it was all ABOUT HIM!

She's beyond scared--totally freaked, and he thinks it's all about her not trusting him to be able to throw the ring well? Didn't they go second--right after Grace (or whoever it was) had plunged 11 stories, which is a hell of a bungee jump? No wonder she was freaked after just seeing that happen.

How about maybe she didn't trust herself not to be shaking so hard that she couldn't catch the rings even if he threw them straight to her? There are lots of reasons why she would be afraid of failing at the exercise (and falling 11 stories) that have nothing to do with her thinking he will perform poorly. Yet he seemed to be taking it as if she didn't trust him or have confidence in him.

And he never expressed any confidence in her. If he really wanted her to be able to do it, how about saying a little something like, "Baby, I know you're scared of heights. I'm sure you're more scared than I can even imagine. But I know you have it in you to dig down deep and find the courage to do this for us. Just keep your eyes on me and don't look down." Or something along those lines. And when she couldn't do it, he could have just said, "That's OK, baby. We'll just have to win the other competition."

But instead of giving any words of encouragement, he basically told her that she was going to get punished bigtime if she let him down. That whole thing about "you don't have to do it, but I'm going to be really pissed at you if you don't" felt rather abusive to me given the extent of her fear.

I thought the whole interaction was really icky. A big yuck from a relationship perspective.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    What did you guys make of the drama over the "Leap of Faith"? I did genuinely feel bad for Tonya, since she clearly could not control her fear, but I also understand Andree's frustration. I think if they had gone through with the challenge, Andree's athleticism and skill alone would have gotten them the most rings. I guess that's immaterial, since they got won the relationship game anyway, still...Tonya's neurotic little freak-outs are starting to bug me. I just hope it doesn't cost them the game, because they have a good shot at winning.

yea, that was real fear. i felt for her, cause she clearly wanted to do it but could not beat the monster in her closet. i thought andre could have been a little more supportive of her, cause she was not faking it at all.

FORT Newbie
    I like Andree and Tonya. Some of the stunts do seem quite stupid - I know I would have been booted of very early. Andree seems to have
    the "brains", and as long as he does, Perhaps Tonya will feel better
    about herself. Tonya needs to trust in Andree and when she does
    they will go far. This couple is very attractive and I do like them. Hope they make it to the TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by petgirl
    I like Andree and Tonya. Some of the stunts do seem quite stupid - I know I would have been booted of very early. Andree seems to have
    the "brains", and as long as he does, Perhaps Tonya will feel better
    about herself. Tonya needs to trust in Andree and when she does
    they will go far. This couple is very attractive and I do like them. Hope they make it to the TOP.
    I like Andree and Tonya too. And Andree is my favorite guy on the show. He and Tonya need to work more together if they want to win. They also need to vote of Coyt and Susan and forget about the commitment!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Operator
    I like Andree and Tonya too. And Andree is my favorite guy on the show. He and Tonya need to work more together if they want to win. They also need to vote of Coyt and Susan and forget about the commitment!
    Andree and Tonya are my favorites. Thay are strong and dynamic.

I like Andree & Tonya too, I just really wish she would relax and trust in not only Andree's abilities, but her own. She has HUGE insecurity problems, but they seem to be totally unfounded.

I think if this show does teach them anything about their relationship in the larger scheme of things, it's that they would function far better if she could release her fears. She often doesn't seem to give Andree or herself much of a chance on anything.

I'd like to see them go all the way, but in order to do so, Tonya's gonna have to work with Andree a little.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by everyman
    They were awesome. i liked the friendships they established during the show...very respectful and cool, even when coyt & susan beat them out in the competition.

tough couple.
    This couple is tough (especially Andree). Tonya needs to help out a little more. But, I rooting for this couple to go all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by ihopej
    i really liked this couple...i bet they are among the final few standing.
    Your bet has come through ... yeah, they are among the few standing .... !!

FORT Newbie

Go All the Way A & T

Andree and Tonya - you are the best. A great looking couple. Tonya you need to help Andree a little more - forget the whinning and moaning - you have plenty of time for that after the show- right now it's about winning the wedding of your dreams. Go get it girl - let the world know how strong you can be! Both of you can work it. A group of us are routing for you. We'd like to see you on TOP. The heck with the commitments - trust me, C&E and S&C are out for themselves now - the race is about over - it's like a dog-eat - dog eat feat. What a bummer on the last show where we have to wait until next week. You would make a fabulous couple to be wed on television.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Operator
    This couple is tough (especially Andree). Tonya needs to help out a little more. But, I rooting for this couple to go all the way!
    I agree with you Operator. We are definetly hanging in there with Andree and Tonya also. They are tough - their commitment to each other is great, but I agree that Tonya needs to help out a bit more. Andree is tough and is not giving up - that alone is a challenge within itself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast