+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tonya and Andree

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I like them too, except Tonya's a bit of a nervous nelly. Andree seems to know how to keep it cool though, they do seem to have good athletic ability, and appear to know each other well. Plus, they seem pretty decent (i.e. not conniving), so I hope they make it far in the game.
    Andree seems really cool, but Tonya?? She seems like a freak. I bet she gets worse.

FORT Newbie
    ihopej! It doesn't really bug me that she's nervous...it makes me feel bad for her! Like I feel like she's torturing herself needlessly, and since they're doing pretty well she could afford to relax.

Oh who am I kidding, I'm probably on her case because I'm a worry-wart myself.

well that i can certainly understand. for whatever reason though--this couple totally appealed to me! i was thrilled when their invitation was finally read!

FORT Newbie
    dude quit being rude!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman
    They were awesome. i liked the friendships they established during the show...very respectful and cool, even when coyt & susan beat them out in the competition.

tough couple.
    i like andre. he seems to have it together. i gotta admit though, my favorite moment so far was when susan told coyt, "you're stronger than andre," and coyt looked over at andre and said, "no, i am not!"

I was glad to see these two back, I really like them.

What do you guys think about the part in this week's episode, though, when Coyt used Tonya & Andree to test Becca & Andy? That seemed pretty shady to me. They even started saying, at one point, that they mysteriously heard from somewhere that two couples were out to get them, not just Becca & Andy. Are Coyt & Susan trying to set up Tonya & Andree to take a fall like Becca & Andy because they seem to be the next strongest competitors? You don't seriously think they heard that Andree & Tonya wanted to get rid of them from someone (which means Coyt's flat-out lying again)?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie

What do you guys think about the part in this week's episode, though, when Coyt used Tonya & Andree to test Becca & Andy? That seemed pretty shady to me. They even started saying, at one point, that they mysteriously heard from somewhere that two couples were out to get them, not just Becca & Andy. Are Coyt & Susan trying to set up Tonya & Andree to take a fall like Becca & Andy because they seem to be the next strongest competitors? You don't seriously think they heard that Andree & Tonya wanted to get rid of them from someone (which means Coyt's flat-out lying again)?
    i think they just wanted to test A&B and see if they would sell out A&T given the chance.

FORT Newbie
    Yes I do think Coyt is lying but as far as Andre. I think looks can be deceiving. I had my money on this couple at first but after the pool incident. I take it back. Andree is a big muscular guy but they didn't even finish the event like Andy and Becca did. Tonya looks like a wimp. The first episode she was complaining the whole time and for the second- Where was she? Was she even in the pool? I don't think this couple is going to do well at all. Then again they are part of the alliance which doesn't prove individual strength it just means that you are most likely to survive then the other couples that are not in a commitment.

What did you guys make of the drama over the "Leap of Faith"? I did genuinely feel bad for Tonya, since she clearly could not control her fear, but I also understand Andree's frustration. I think if they had gone through with the challenge, Andree's athleticism and skill alone would have gotten them the most rings. I guess that's immaterial, since they got won the relationship game anyway, still...Tonya's neurotic little freak-outs are starting to bug me. I just hope it doesn't cost them the game, because they have a good shot at winning.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Tonya strikes me as being very insecure with herself. I don't think it was because she didn't believe in Andree. The lady doesn't believe in herself. She proved this at the pool when Andree was getting the lame massage. There was no reason to get bent out of shape about it given the circumstances. It would have been different if Andree would sneaked down to the pool to get a massage without Tonya knowing about it.

What did you guys make of the drama over the "Leap of Faith"?
    I thought he was an absolute jerk! I've missed the last couple of shows, so maybe this drama on her part is a regular thing and other people have lost their patience with her. But from what I saw, he gave her no support whatsoever, and it was all ABOUT HIM!

She's beyond scared--totally freaked, and he thinks it's all about her not trusting him to be able to throw the ring well? Didn't they go second--right after Grace (or whoever it was) had plunged 11 stories, which is a hell of a bungee jump? No wonder she was freaked after just seeing that happen.

How about maybe she didn't trust herself not to be shaking so hard that she couldn't catch the rings even if he threw them straight to her? There are lots of reasons why she would be afraid of failing at the exercise (and falling 11 stories) that have nothing to do with her thinking he will perform poorly. Yet he seemed to be taking it as if she didn't trust him or have confidence in him.

And he never expressed any confidence in her. If he really wanted her to be able to do it, how about saying a little something like, "Baby, I know you're scared of heights. I'm sure you're more scared than I can even imagine. But I know you have it in you to dig down deep and find the courage to do this for us. Just keep your eyes on me and don't look down." Or something along those lines. And when she couldn't do it, he could have just said, "That's OK, baby. We'll just have to win the other competition."

But instead of giving any words of encouragement, he basically told her that she was going to get punished bigtime if she let him down. That whole thing about "you don't have to do it, but I'm going to be really pissed at you if you don't" felt rather abusive to me given the extent of her fear.

I thought the whole interaction was really icky. A big yuck from a relationship perspective.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast