+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 description - 07/30

Episode 1 description - 07/30

Episode #1 - Series Premiere
    8pm 2003-07-30 ALL NEW!

NBC pushes romance to the breaking point with this reality series featuring eight engaged couples competing through elaborate physical competitions and smaller non-physical games that force them to work together as a team. Host Lisa Dergan puts love through the ringer as she forces these hopeful brides and grooms to face their fears and test their knowledge of their potential spouse - with one couple voted off in the end. TV-PG

It sounds like this show is going to be a flop to me.

Too much competition at the moment from more established shows.

I just can't see this one being a big hit.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Me either, but I'm waiting to be surprised

FORT Newbie
    I don't know about that. This show is different because it shows couples that at the very least already know each other. To me it sounds like this is true reality TV -- this couples are going to fight -- this should be great! You are right there are well established shows out there but I don't think they are the same kind of show. For example, I thought For Love and For money was a much better show than Bachelor. Bachelor seems so boring... competing for a date.. how boring can that be? Put me on For Love or Money at least I can get some $$$$!

I think this show sounds tacky.

One of these couples has been together for ten yeras, yet they're going to do stupid stunts and games on the tv to win a wedding.

It seems a little ridiculous to me.

I could well be wrong, but at the moment the concept is not appealing to me.

to the site toogoo
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    I guess you are not married nor have ever been in love huh? I think this show sounds great. Do you like Fear Factor? that show ROCKS. There is nothing wrong with being with someone for 10 years -- at least they are getting married! How is the getting married concept ridiciculous? Is it because you find real love boring? Out of curiosity, what is your favorite reality show?

I've been married for ten years in December and in a relationship with my husband for over 20.

I don't think the concept of getting married is ridiculous, I think the idea of playing stupid games in order to get your wedding paid for is tacky.

You clearly disagree.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Yes I clearly disagree. I think I would have loved to have won my wedding because a wedding is so costly now. I think combining the two together was a great idea because these couples did not just meet - they are in-love and want to get married. I am a sucker for that kind of thing. This show could truly be a positive one from all the reality TV that is going on right now -- usually reality shows are just full of garbage, deception and stupid fights of women or men that are fighting to win a guy or girl they dont' even know. I think this is more about competition and working together. A great thing to do before you get married - I think its a brilliant concept. I guess we will have to wait and see after we watch the show but I think this show might be a positive reality show about couples. I could be wrong but I can't imagine couples signing up to break up.

Judging from my astonishingly unscientific sample of friends and acquaintances, I think a lot of people will tune in, for the first show at least.

Wedding-related stuff simply draws (women mainly).

~M o s a i K~

FORT Newbie
    Couldn't agree MORE! They got me! I am a sucker for marriage and gettign married stuff. Good feeling shows are so attractive!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast