+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 description - 07/30

Judging by the attention this forum has gotten pre-show, I expect it to be cancelled after the second episode.

I have never seen a forum get LESS activity prior to a premiere.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Judging by the attention this forum has gotten pre-show, I expect it to be cancelled after the second episode.

I have never seen a forum get LESS activity prior to a premiere.
    Or more likely, the audience that a show like this one will be appealing to, will have something more productive to do with their time than sit around judging a show that they haven't seen yet...like work!

I might agree with you, BVD, but I've been doing this for a while, and like I said, I have never seen a show get less attention prior to the premiere, ever.

This complete lack of interest leads me to believe that the show will not do well. Even the campy show lovers won't tune in.

FORT Newbie
    Hey John, give it a chance man. The show hasn't even started.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I might agree with you, BVD, but I've been doing this for a while, and like I said, I have never seen a show get less attention prior to the premiere, ever.

This complete lack of interest leads me to believe that the show will not do well. Even the campy show lovers won't tune in.
    You expect it to be cancelled after the second episode and who are you? So you've been moderating forums for a long time? Big deal that doesn't make you an expert. I understand that this is just your opinion but try not to cut the show down before you have even seen it. Do you know anything about the show or are you just collecting bits and pieces from the net? My opinion is you are a person who like to hear himself talk and your opinions have no basis. I think you your an outsider trying to be an insider. But again, that is just my opinion.

FORT Newbie
    Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see...but I find the idea of a reality show that actually tries something new kind of refreshing. If I have to watch one more freak eat one more disgusting (fill in the blank) I'll scream!!! And I'll remind you that MANY , MANY people poo poo'd the idea of a little heard of show called American Idol before it aired as well.

I just think that true fans of the genre would be embracing the idea of something new instead of the same old blahblahblah rather than trying to prove our reality intellect and trashing a show because it hasn't yet been embraced by a sub-culture of shut ins and socially inept freaks!

The greatest selling point of this show by definition is NO REALLY BAD GAY STEREOTYPES!!! FINALLY!! Bunky, Richard and Team
    Guido were all turned down in the interview process.

My opinions are just that - opinions. Take them and $1.50 and buy yourself a cup of coffee.

But if you insult me again, I will remove your account, as I would if you insulted any of our members. We don't play that here. Let's get that out of the way right up front.

Now, to the meat of the thing. I am not just a moderator. I own the site. I have never been on a reality show, but I DO know when a good one comes along, and this ain't it.

Now, I'm willing to admit that I've been happily surprised in the past, and this could be a diamond in the rough. I'm just saying up front that I don't believe it to be the case, and perhaps tomorrow will either bear me out or prove me wrong.

As for "shut ins and socially inept freaks", if you don't like our site or our members, go away. I'm not going to sit here and listen to that kind of crap from people who can't listen to someone else's opinions without insulting them.

John, you could be right about people not tuning in, what with the way fans of reality TV are usually more interested in watching people suffer with strangers rather than watching them team with people they care about. anyway, word on the grapevine has it that this series will include beer and bare asses...so it has that going for it, which is nice.

i'm still waiting for Comedy Central to come out with Handicapped House! ***ba-dum-ching***
    Last edited by ess-tee-gee; 07-29-2003 at 11:41 PM.

FORT Newbie

concept and ratings

I am also skeptical but what I understand of the concept it is pretty cool. I really have a hard time with the shows where people meet and then fall in love in a matter of weeks...under the spotlights and cameras no doubt. This one is taking existing relationships and testing them for strengths and weaknesses. Marriage is the ultimate strain on a relationship and I for one think it will be neat to see how these diverse couples coupe with the strains and challenges set before them.

In addition the prize seems pretty cool too!

FORT Newbie

Skeptical? No!

Quote Originally Posted by spankvb
    I am also skeptical but what I understand of the concept it is pretty cool. I really have a hard time with the shows where people meet and then fall in love in a matter of weeks...under the spotlights and cameras no doubt. This one is taking existing relationships and testing them for strengths and weaknesses. Marriage is the ultimate strain on a relationship and I for one think it will be neat to see how these diverse couples coupe with the strains and challenges set before them.

In addition the prize seems pretty cool too!
    I am not really skeptical that this show will do well. This show has a HOT host and I think people will like watching the dynamics between couples as they are tested emotionally and physically. SO MUCH better than watching Aaron get in the hot tub or Rob stumble over his words. This show seems to have much more going on than those and they did quite well, ya know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast