+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread only, until at least 2am Eastern.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

So I guess it OK to report my thoughts on tonites show....

Big YAY in welcoming back the boyz......

John is one hip guy. He's very eager for change and he just need to be shown the way.....

For starters those AWFUL looking pants Carson grabbed.....

gets 4 of these ----> :phhht

Those pants were soooo not him and he looked 5 years OLDER w/ them on.
    And I noticed that our John is very kissy kissy w/ the ladies.
    Nothing wrong w/ that but he presented himself as a gentleman. The ladies John encountered didn't seem to mind.
    The running around ontop of the matresses at Macy's was cute but silly at the same time.

John almost got me when he got teary eyed when he was looking at his new place but NOT....

Pretty good welcome back show....

OMG, I know! Those pants that Carson picked out were HORRIBLE!!!

--Molly, the goth
    'Laughing at the Christmas lights...' -- "Let's Go to Bed" by The Cure.

Far and away the most touching episode ever! I cried throughout the entire second half. To see the Fab 5 interact with so much kindness and warmth, and also with such humor and fun with a gentleman of advanced years, and to see his openness in interacting with them, was so heartwarming. John, at 66, belonging to an older generation, could have so easily been homophobic and at the very least, closed off. But he was so open and so moved by the help the F5 gave him. It's one thing when our guys take a SG in his twenties or thirties and gives them a kick in the butt. But to help give a man closing in on seventy years old gain a new lease on life, after the death of his wife and a long depression, is nothing short of amazing. John embraced everything our guys did for him enthusiastically. He flirted playfully with the Pilates and dance instructors. His sisters and Joan were class acts all the way, dressed to the teeth in their sharp, age-appropriate suits and stylish haircuts. They obviously adore John. When John and Joan laid on the bed in each other's arms laughing gleefully, you could just feel their happiness. "Seniors gone wild!" When John gave Joan the 9/11 watch I almost lost it! I'm a former New Yorker and that watch was much more than a "small token", as John put it. A true gift from the heart.

The funniest segments were when Thom and Ted took John mattress shopping and Ted said, "Are you taking a queen?" And Thom said, "No, we're leaving you here!" And the three of them ended up jumping on all the mattresses and from bed to bed like kangaroos. And this guy is 66 years old?! More power to him!

Then when Carson tried to teach John jargon about things like referring to his "crib". Hilarious.

It was so refreshing to see an older gentleman be made better. John reminded me of my father, who is 76 and still has such joy in life. My father also welcomes my gay friends without batting an eye. My father found a new lady love after my mother died after 45 years of marriage, when my dad was 70. Maybe that's why I was so moved by this ep; but nonetheless, I don't know how anyone could help to be touched. Maybe this ep was not the most hilarious, but for me it was the most heartwarming. God bless the Fab 5 and God bless John!

Quote Originally Posted by confetti
    OMG, I know! Those pants that Carson picked out were HORRIBLE!!!

--Molly, the goth
    I don't know who'd wear that... but that was so funny when like Carson commented the the pants aren't supposed to be like that and it looked like the guy was like pulling on his crotch..
    But when the Fab 5 were in there loft I was like when I saw Jai and Thom dancing!!!

FORT Regular
    Oh I cant wait to see this ep, it sounds so heartwarming . I watched the preview of it on the site and John looks like a lovely man, really old time values and stuff. It is nice to see him interact with the boys and accept them, I work in a nursing home and although John is not old enough or there being any reason to be in a home it is nice to see that there is a mutual understanding and acceptance there between something back in their day would have been considered wrong. It is good John is open to the boys and their new ways, I have not even seen this ep and I know I am going to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by QueerEyeGurl
    Oh I cant wait to see this ep, it sounds so heartwarming . I watched the preview of it on the site and John looks like a lovely man, really old time values and stuff. It is nice to see him interact with the boys and accept them, I work in a nursing home and although John is not old enough or there being any reason to be in a home it is nice to see that there is a mutual understanding and acceptance there between something back in their day would have been considered wrong. It is good John is open to the boys and their new ways, I have not even seen this ep and I know I am going to like it.
    John is all those characteristics you've described him... but the only thing is that he smokes...maybe he smoked because his wife died of 43 years years? I would if my husband died... well he is a very down to earth person, and man I loved that episode because Jai dancing! I was all man I wish I were Thom and Kyan since they were dancing with Jai and Kyan and Jai were dancing a little but close don't you guys think...

what an episode...

I have to say that was one of the BEST episodes EVER. It still had all of the humor and fun when they rehabilitate the "younger" guys, but it was so sweet and extremely touching. I wanted to cry! John was such a sweet man and it sounded like he was soooo low. The Fab 5 really helped him to continue to feel better and gave him quite a jump start....if anyone missed it -- you have GOT to watch this one!
    You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

[ Yo aMoR Jai ] =) foolishempress's Avatar
    oOoo..!! i can't wait to watch this ep!! i saw the preview on the ads and i was just cracking when jai put on them large circular glasses!! wow he's cute.. can't wait till monday night!!
    Why would you leave these around, underneath your pillow? I thought it was a sex toy.. .:. Jai.R

J.J.: Live at Lunch *CoOoTe*

Quote Originally Posted by firewife187
    I have to say that was one of the BEST episodes EVER. It still had all of the humor and fun when they rehabilitate the "younger" guys, but it was so sweet and extremely touching. I wanted to cry! John was such a sweet man and it sounded like he was soooo low. The Fab 5 really helped him to continue to feel better and gave him quite a jump start....if anyone missed it -- you have GOT to watch this one!
    There have been shows with a lot more hilarity, but this one is sure to touch your heart. The guys struck just the right balance between their natural humor and compassion. They didn't hold back with the quips, but they showed so much kindness as well. This show will go down as one of my all-time favorites of QE. Anyone who has missed it, I concur with Firewife, you really should see it. The F5 at their absolute best. I really commend them for deviating from the formulaic young, single, playboy types and helping a senior gentleman to break out of his shell. Kudos to our boys!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast