+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 6/29 show Reworking Wayne's World

QEFTSG 6/29 show Reworking Wayne's World

Reworking Wayne's World!

There is a twist this week, our victim... Wayne Hollander, 37, office worker... is Gay, and personality challenged. His place is a wreck, though not as bad as some we have seen. I guess he tries to keep it clean since he has more plastic bags than the neighborhood market. That seems to be the only thing he brings home from that market besides bottled water since there is nothing else besides that in the fridge. His shower curtain is orange tinted clear plastic. His clothes are too big since he dropped 50 pounds. He hasn't had a date in 3 years, broke up with his boyfriend 5 years ago. Eats simple foods... hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled cheese, no vegetable even though he wouldn't mind being a vegan if he didn't have to eat greens. The usual mayhem erupts when the Fab 5 invade, the best being that they tear his bedroom hollow core door completely down and in pieces, the only thing left is the hinges and one 2x2 side piece. They decide to hold another coming out party, since he came out in college and wasn't lonely at all (slut!). So its off to give some style to Wayne, and bring him into the fold and out into the playing field of life.....

The Stores!!!

British Khaki Furniture: Thom intros some stylish furniture for Wayne, matching pieces to accent the living room and bedroom.

Union Square Cafe: Ted shows Wayne there is more to dining out besides the corner diner, though Wayne has to work on his fussyness of food.

Bloomingdales: Carson shows Wayne that he looks good in clothes that fit and have color!!! lots of color! and some shades to go with it.

Upright Citizens Brigade Theater: Jai has improv classes for Wayne and drags his friend to help. Wayne expressed a desire to be an entertainer, so he gets some lessons and practice. His voice needs some work, but its far better than last weeks guy, Philly.

Bikes: Trek 7500: In an odd twist, Kyan takes Wayne on a bike ride through the park, a way to get exercise, meet boys, and a thing that couples can do.

The Unveiling!

Taking Wayne back to the domicile, he sees that Thom is an artist and created another great canvas. Emotions run the course of giggles to tears as he looks things over and marvels at the new bedroom door and curtains all over. Thom said its a man magnet room now! Ted shows Wayne how to make finger food from dates, goats cheese, almonds and bacon. A beauty night with Kyan complete with face masks mud packs and moisturizers to help his sensitive facial skin. Tickets to some shows from Jai, and a watch from the 5 and its time for them to fly the coop. After they leave, Wayne turns into the Drama Queen From Hell, just getting worked up over the silliest of things. Can't find a sponge, have to clean up after the guys, hell they just did three days of cleaning up after your dorky ass, stooge!!!!! Friends pop by to see the look and he changes back and calms down and acts human again. Drama Queen is just his self when he is alone. At Helen's Piano Lounge, he works the room, gets some interest and does go up and do a skit at the mic with two other friends helping out. They have given Wayne an open door, and he is willing to walk through it and start to get his life together, he just has to cool that drama crap, no one likes a bitch, man or woman.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I was glad to see that Wayne got up and performed in front of all those people. He seems to be shy, and being shy myself, I know that it sure does take a lot of courage to get up in front of THAT many people and perform! I really thought he did a good job, unlike some of the other guys in the past, even though he did seem to have a bit of an attitude when he was alone. Like I should talk! I'm the exact same way!

And I must say, Carson looked FINE on tonight's episode! (like always, of course!!)

--Molly, the goth
    'Laughing at the Christmas lights...' -- "Let's Go to Bed" by The Cure.

Wayne REALLY gave me an Andy Dick vibe.

I thought it was Greeeeat that he has lost major weight from what I got out of the show. And BOY! That place of his is smaaaaaal

And why did Carson take him to Bloomies? Why not A&F?

And why do they ALWAYS RUN?

The bike thing w/ Kyan I thought was interesting....

And where were the cute boys Kyan was talking about?

I thought it was nice that Carson gets Wayne to practice asking guys out at Bloomies but really. Are these guys gonna hop into Wayne's lap and say sure stud when and where...

Thom does his fabu magic as usual.....

I just noticed Wayne is OCD..... But at least he has good friends to fall back on....

The scence at the bar....
    I thought asking guys "Whats Your Name" I dunno is bit of a turn off...
    I would have done Hi My Name is _________ and youre _______ That would have been a friendlier approach but then again I may be old fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2

Wayne REALLY gave me an Andy Dick vibe.

I thought it was Greeeeat that he has lost major weight from what I got out of the show. And BOY! That place of his is smaaaaaal

And why did Carson take him to Bloomies? Why not A&F?

And why do they ALWAYS RUN?

The bike thing w/ Kyan I thought was interesting....

Do you think one of the Fab 5 was hitting on Wayne?... I thought Carson flirted a little haha

And where were the cute boys Kyan was talking about?

I thought it was nice that Carson gets Wayne to practice asking guys out at Bloomies but really. Are these guys gonna hop into Wayne's lap and say sure stud when and where...

Thom does his fabu magic as usual.....

I just noticed Wayne is OCD..... But at least he has good friends to fall back on....

The scence at the bar....
    I thought asking guys "Whats Your Name" I dunno is bit of a turn off...
    I would have done Hi My Name is _________ and youre _______ That would have been a friendlier approach but then again I may be old fashioned.
    Well I don't think Carson should take Wayne to A&F because like A&F is more preppy and beach look and I don't think Carson was goin for that look and plaus Bloomies has that kind of styles and much more to pick from! And when they ask "What's Your Name" I think that's just a gay thing, because I starting out 'Hi My Name is...' is too formal! [That's just what I'm sayin']

And that show was sad! I mean no date for almost 4 years! Hasn't been out of NY for 15!? This guy needs to do more exploring out in the world and for boys! But after that episode I think he has changed! But when he's was by himself it's like the beast has unleashed!

Favorite quotes from the show...

'Lesbians, has taken all your clothes and left only fleece'_Carson

'Let's just say when I came out I wasn't single real fast,'_Wayne and Thom says..

'Wow I like that you were such a slut!'
    'Damnit Ted Where's the sponge!'_Jai
    'Damnit Thom where's the sponge!'_Kyan
    'Where the sponge Ted!'_Carson
    'I'm not the sponge provider..'_Ted

And when they were all trying to figure out what Wayne was looking for! Haha!

'[leaves the door open' See the homosexuals! [Closes the door] see the homosexuals!'

I think in this episode Ted helped Wayne with food problems and then Jai,Thom, and Kyan helped him crawl out of the shell!

Why didn't Kyan wax that shoulder hair???

Random Observations:

I was stunned that Kyan didn't take Wayne to a spa or something to get that shoulder hair waxed. Maybe he didn't because of his sensitive skin or something, but it was out of control!!

Did Carson have on a rosary? I didn't know he was Catholic. I hope it wasn't one of those "I'm wearing a religous piece of clothing as pure fashion" things.

Jai seems like a nice guy but what does he actually do? Buy theater tickets is nice, but any of the other 4 guys could have done that too.

Ted's "I'm not the sponge provider" line had to be one of the funniest of the night. His deadpan delivery cracks me up.

That one ultra loud shirt Carson picked out was horrific.

I don't know why, but I kept thinking of Wayne as some creepy serial killer type. Maybe he uses his collection of plastic grocery bags for straggling people (they would have to come to his apartment though because he doesn't leave it).

FORT Newbie
    --Ialso was wondering about his body hair.Wayne may have been reluctant to do that.Since when does Kyan do spa treatments in someone's livingroom?I would think he'd prefer going to a spa.Wayne seemed a little "whiny"----("would you like some cheese to go with that whine?")---yikes---I thought the guys were great (as usual).Thom really did an amazing job in that tiny apartment--(boy, can i relate!). Kyan and wayne on the bikes were cute & ted kept the food simple---(he had to)--but in the restaurant---wow----was he picky about what he ate!!!! :rolleyes Just my opinion, but wayne overwhelmed??? I think he was grateful to the guys, but he was a "cybil" -----I hope he calms down & hangs with his friends more.Yeah, that salesman in bloomies kept looking to Carson and nodded because Carson nodded to him when answering Wayne---) and those bags---serial killer?-----you never know! Was disappointed when kyan said"look what i found..." and it was just a tv tray! oh well !jai's new haircut is cute!-He could shave it off & still be georgeous!!!!!! I think he is important to the show because he has nothing to do with grooming, food,fashion or design---just inner self and rolling everything together--making the guy feel good about himself --oh well---till next time----
    Last edited by ceeny; 06-30-2004 at 10:28 AM.

Last night's show was probably one of their worst shows. I think Queer Eye just jumped the shark last night.

Of all the people to make better (sexual orientation aside) he has the dullest personality, that is if you could call it a personality. By the end of the show, the ONLY transformation anyone can see is in his apartment. I was very disappointed.

FORT Fogey
    The apartment was the only highlight for me too. Thom always does a fabulous job.

I did not find Wayne compelling at all. He was clearly on his best and most restrained behavior when he was with the F5. His frustration and inability to improvise when a sponge was not within reach was creepy. This guy is a piece of work.

It was clear as they all watched from the loft that this was not a favorite client. "He must be a good person to have all those great friends", spoke volumes. I think Thom said something to that effect.

I adore Carson and trust his wardrobe decisions though these choices were curious. Wayne did not seem hip enough to pull them off. He just looked dorky.

A back waxing and a spray tan would have helped to. He was pasty and looked very unhealthy. Dye his eyelashes.....anything. They did no grooming at all.

compelling is'nt the word i would use.I would simply state that it was not...amusing.

Great recap! I didn't watch this week's show- I was watching Sex and the City instead. And from what I gather, I didn't miss much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast