+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Queer Eye' Returns with big ratings jump

'Queer Eye' Returns with big ratings jump

'QUEER EYE' LAUNCHES SEASON TWO WITH A 50 PERCENT JUMP OVER ITS MOST RECENT FIRST-RUN RESULT

BURBANK, Calif. - June 2, 2004 - “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” has launched its second season with an eye-popping 50 percent increase over the adult 25-54 audience for its most recent first-run telecast, April 20. “Queer Eye” is also up 41 percent in 18-49 viewers and up 38 percent in household rating versus that last original telecast of six weeks ago, according to preliminary in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research that will be updated Thursday morning.

Last night’s 10 p.m. ET telecast averaged 1.685 million adult 25-54 viewers, 1.533 million 18-49 viewers and a 1.87 household rating. The 25-54 viewer total is a 50 percent increase over the 1.126 million attracted by the most recent first-run “Queer Eye” telecast April 20. It’s also a 22 percent increase over the last cycle of “Queer Eye” first-run telecasts (1.386 million for Feb. 17 through April 20) and a 45 percent gain over the show’s first-season premiere average from July 15, 2003 (1.166 million).

Prior to “Queer Eye’s” arrival last July, Bravo was averaging 129,000 adult 25-54 viewers in the slot that season, and Tuesday’s total of 1.685 million is 13 times that 2002-03 pre-“Queer Eye” average.

“‘Queer Eye for the Straight Guy’ was the breakout hit of 2003 and last night’s results demonstrate that it remains one of the hottest shows of 2004,” commented Jeff Gaspin, President of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment & Cross-Platform Strategy.

"Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" is a one-hour guide to "building a better straight man" -- a "make better" series designed for guys who want to get the girl, the job or just the look. With the expertise and support of "The Fab 5" -- Ted Allen, Kyan Douglas, Thom Felicia, Carson Kressley and Jai Rodriguez -- the makeover unfolds with a playful deconstruction of the subject's current lifestyle and continues on as a savagely funny showcase for the hottest styles and trends in fashion, home design, grooming, food and wine, and culture.

Hey this is great news I'm glad this show is doing well

I'm so proud of the boys!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Newbie
    Hi, new here... I have a question regarding Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but the UK version (not sure if I'm in the right place ). I'm looking for one episode, I think it was on season 2 with pianist Simon Mulligan. Has anyone seen it? (any English people out there?) He's one of my favorite pianists and I wish I could see it... I wonder if the UK version will ever air on Bravo?

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread