+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QE2: Queer Eye for the Straight GIRL!

FORT Regular

QE2: Queer Eye for the Straight GIRL!

Move over, boys:
    Bravo's got an equal-opportunity message for the frumpy women of America: You need a Queer Eye overhaul.

The cable net has greenlighted a female version of its hit series, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, targeting style-challenged straight women.

Queer Eye for the Straight Girl is part of Bravo's 2005 program slate--which is being pitched to advertisers today in New York.

"It's something our female fans have been requesting since Queer Eye became a hit," net head Jeff Gaspin told Variety, adding he's unconcerned that the franchise will overpower the network. "Straight Girl goes on the air a year and a half after the original launched, so I think enough time will have passed."

Casting on the make-better series has not begun--no word on which sex will be dispensing style wisdom--but published reports suggest the Fab Five may be reduced to the Fab Three, including a possible celebrity host.

It's a nod to a slightly more style-savvy audience.

"Guys need the basics, the 101 information, whereas women are much more discriminating," creator-exec producer David Collins said. "They know the basics, they want options, ways to amp it up a little. However, the Queer Eye make-better philosophy will still be intact."

Tennessee Whiskey Girl* cecilialea's Avatar
    If I ever met Jai.. I SWEAR we would be best friends!!...

So the Fab 5 wouldn't change? It would be interesting to watch but it's going to be very girly too

Ya I heard about that last night when Conan O'Brien announced I can't wait! They should do that and makeover celebrities, they're are plenty celebrites that need a HUGH makeover!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I would absolutely DIE if I needed the Fab 5 to come "fix me".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I would apply. They would give you great fashion tips, take you to the spa, re-do your place, maybe give you a flat screen TV and Carson wouldn't even try to "touch around the pant area". It sounds like a good deal to me!

can i get a what what? mmgood2004's Avatar
    interesting..i heard about this on the weekend update on snl, but really didnt think it would happen for a while.
    i hate to burt yall's bubble, but i dont think theyre gonna use thom, carson, ted, jai and kyan. in fact after reading the article (twice), they may use girls, and there may be only 3. also, i dont think theyre gonna makeover celebrities, i think it mentioned celebrities as guest hosts. so yeah, it definately would be a different format, but it does sound exciting.
    hmmmm, we'll just have to wait and see what happens though!
    best fab 5 quotes:
    carson: 50 year olds look great in glitter. you know, when you're over 55, its really time to start wearing glitter again
    thom: even at 6'6", you still look like a fag
    jai:look guys, they have a book about gay people: The Rainbow Goblins
    tedishwashing naked. That's hot. I like to do electrician work naked too.
    kyan:Are you sure you don't wanna dip the m&m in the salsa?

They definitely aren't using the original Fab 5, as it will be shot in LA instead of NY.

I was wondering when someone was going to figure that out. From what I read and what was inferred, I expect to see three ladies as the terrific three.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Thanks guys for

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast