+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 4/6: Throw that mullet back Kyan, it ain't a keeper!

QEFTSG 4/6: Throw that mullet back Kyan, it ain't a keeper!

Throw that mullet back Kyan, it ain't a keeper.

Tonights victim is Mark Faries, a 40 year old, 6', 172# carpenter who is more of a old stoner slacker. I have never heard so many DUDE! calls outside of That 70's Show. Mark is handy around the house, just as long as it involve remodelling a room, and not being the host with the most. He redid his own bathroom, dining room, and got part of the kitchen, but then responsibility took over and he lit out for the basement to hide among his clothes that are hanging off the water pipes. Of these clothes we see two things... Full formal, and full bum. He never heard of sportshirt semi-formal/high faluoten casual. This will change, if Carson has any say, and we know he always has something to say.

The Jersey Jaunt

Costco: Ted and Jai introduce Mark to the wonderfull world of Pizza ingredients in bulk. Now the main problem they have is trying to figure out good pizza for teen tummies, and we know how persnickety they can be. NOT!!! the funkier it is, the better they like it.

Bed Bath and Beyond: Thom, Carson, and Roe meet up with Mark as they go shopping for hardware to supplement their kitchen, and get Karly some new bed covers. No Alton or W sighting in this store.

Nordstrom: Carson and Roe go shopping for the Mark makeover. Selections are great as we go through sports coats, ties, and shirts that work with Denim Jeans. Work it Carson! Work it!! Hand Check

Plaza Salon: Kyan gets the Hottest looking stylist this side of Manhatten for the crop and chop, shearing the mullet and getting rid of the 'stache. Talk about looking different, he doesn't even look like he is related to his old pictures.

New Jersey Rock Gym: Jai treats Mark to some trust and care lessons while showing him that teens will have you climbing the walls in more ways than one.

Back to the Clapboard Palace

The unveiling includes a super spiffy kitchen, revamping the cupboards, new countertop, and Stainless Steel stove, Fridge, and dishwasher. Man I need these guys for my kitchen. Karly has a new room with an ipod, laptop, mini fridge, and microwave so that she can camp with her friends and do that girltalk all night long.
    lessons include, the perfect nailclipping, how to make pizza pie and bagging and tagging goody bags, not toe tag 'em,.bag 'em and drag 'em. This guy doesn't die by uncouthness like the last schmuck did.
    Friend Billy comes over to help party setup and ends up being Mark's "ichiban pizza bitch" and slings pies like a pro. Wife Roe gets the surprise of her life when he lets her in the door and then friends and teen time is on as everyone else shows up for Karly's party. Karly is most pleasantly surprised by friends, and a new looking stepdad! He does threaten to do a mini mullet but I think the consensus of the teen jury flattens that fish like flounder. The end is nigh as goody bags are given out and we bid a fond farewell to a great job by the 5. I want to see how Mark is in 6 months down the road, style being the main thing.
    Last edited by Ilikai; 04-15-2004 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Got the Pizza dude's name wrong, its Billy, not Ricky
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai

Work it Carson! Work it!! Hand Check

Friend Ricky comes over to help party setup and ends up being Mark's "ichiban pizza bitch" and slings pies like a pro.

He does threaten to do a mini mullet but I think the consesus of the teen jury flattens that fish like flounder.
    Hilarious recap Ilikai! So glad to get Queer Eye and your recaps back.

ALL I wanna saay that MARK was HOTT!!!

Mullet or nooo Mullet

He is one daddy I DON'T mind having/knowing/etc/etc/etc

Watching Mark throughout the hour I was getting a......

vibe

I think Mark just made MY Top 10 of Hot Guys on Queer Eye!

BTW, instead of making a thread do the stores/business approach QE?
    I noticed lately when they go shopping like at IKEA and tonights COSTCO....... NO PEOPLE
    I know that they don't want ppl not involved to be STARING at the camera. Plus, the stepdaughter sure got some cool stuff....
    Last edited by BorderEevil2; 04-07-2004 at 03:46 AM.

I noticed that there weren't any people in Costco too. That was strange.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I liked this show alot....the guy was a total stoner or the inspiration for Disney's surfing turtle in Finding Nemo...I was jealous that he has his own personal pizza bitch ..

But they took off too much hair...he has such a baby face...he needs some facial hair...without it he looks like a really, really tall 12 and with the lack of brain cells attendant with his past life style looking 12 isn't a good thing....

and loved Thom's kitchen but I think he missed the mark on the daughter's age and taste by about six years.....Not that she didn't love the ipod and purse and pizza....but the room re-do screams I'm 12 not I am off to college soon....

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Did anyone else think Carson and perms don't mix....?

just curious...

yeah what did he do to his hair? Soak it in styling gel? it didn't look good at all.

done in a day?

They are pretending like this is just one day, right? OK, I don't buy it! Clearly there were plenty of visits ahead of time, while they figured out what had to be done with the kitchen and bedroom. But even if they had the truck with new appliances sitting outside in the driveway at 6AM ready to install, I still don't buy that they did that kitchen over in one day--in time to have a party by evening. Two days, I'll accept. One day to empty the cabinets, pull out the old appliances, paint, install new counter tops, install new appliances,and then clean it all up in time to prepare pizza for a party??? No way. This, on top of making the guy over and doing the girl's room.

I don't know if you guys have talked about this in the past--this is my first time to this folder. On most of the episodes, I will suspend my disbelief and go with the suggestion that it has just been one day. This time, I can't. It would be great to hear about the process from one of the made-over straight guys. Has one ever stopped by?

MP, the filming takes place over three days, even though its public knowledge, they still pretend like its all in one day. I guess its so that it doens't look like its dragging. The victim and his wife and kid are not in their home for the three days, they get put up in a hotel if I have my facts straight.

FORT Regular
    Does it seem to you that QE didn't put as much effort into this one? Cookie-cutter stores like Costco, BB&B and Nordstrom, just two rooms changed (and one, the bedroom, had more of a Trading Spaces-level change), no manicure (even though he REALLY needed one), it just seemed mediocre.

One thing I did notice was that Mark had a scar on the right side of his neck, which I only saw once, because they kept filming him from his left, and then they put a bunch of turtlenecks on him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast