+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 4/6: Throw that mullet back Kyan, it ain't a keeper!

FORT Fan
    Hi,

Just want to add that it takes about 3-4 days. They have to wear the same clothes each day so that in editting, they can move the sequence around. So, according to Carson, they use Febreze(TM) a lot.

They have never visited the site before, they only get the folders of info you see on TV, so their initial reactions are genuine. The producers are the ones who visited the site a lot so that they could take photos and measurements of the house and the participant (for Carson to buy clothes).

Thom has about 16 assistants to help him. Because the amount of work Thom and his team have to do, the participant usually go out with Thom first so that he can pull everything together.

Each of the filming day is like 8 am to 12 am.

The reveal is on the final day, and the guys usually leave before or around noon so that the participant has a little bit of time to readjust before the event. some of the guests have to be wired for microphones when they enter the house.

Thanks for the clarifications! I knew there was a whole lot more going on behind the scenes than meets the final cut, from my experience on Monster House. 3-4 days makes sense. This is the first episode where I ever stopped to wonder about the logistics.

As for finding Costco abandoned and empty (closed), no surprise there. Ours keeps terrible hours. I just didn't realize the Fab Five would be seen there.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxviewer
    Does it seem to you that QE didn't put as much effort into this one? Cookie-cutter stores like Costco, BB&B and Nordstrom, just two rooms changed (and one, the bedroom, had more of a Trading Spaces-level change), no manicure (even though he REALLY needed one), it just seemed mediocre.

One thing I did notice was that Mark had a scar on the right side of his neck, which I only saw once, because they kept filming him from his left, and then they put a bunch of turtlenecks on him.
    They may not have done much, but price a stainless steel stove and Fridge and dishwasher... you are talking $3000 or more.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fan
    Could Billy be possibly his assistant at work? I mean, Mark seems to be an established carpenter. I am guessing that Billy is his assistant at work, or a very good friend.
    Last edited by paulstan; 04-09-2004 at 12:36 AM.

FORT Fan
    Can't seem to make the connection between rock climbing and earning trust from his daughter.

I didn't understand that either, but they have to find something for Jai to do as a contribution sometimes.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I just know that he looked great after the make over. (His legs weren't bad either!)

Tennessee Whiskey Girl* cecilialea's Avatar
    Yes he was pretty hott for a schmelbie dude.. that is AFTER he lost the schmelbie!! I was surprised the Fab 5 didn't comment about it more, about him looking so sexy after the makeover! When he was shaving before the party.. I was like..Wow! Dude's got really nice skin!! And the outfits did make him look rather sophisticated!! This is one of my favorite episodes! Hilarious and Entertaining!!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Friend Ricky comes over to help party setup and ends up being Mark's "ichiban pizza bitch" and slings pies like a pro. Wife Roe gets the surprise of her life when he lets her in the door and then friends and teen time is on as everyone else shows up for Karly's party. Karly is most pleasantly surprised by friends, and a new looking stepdad! He does threaten to do a mini mullet but I think the consensus of the teen jury flattens that fish like flounder. The end is nigh as goody bags are given out and we bid a fond farewell to a great job by the 5. I want to see how Mark is in 6 months down the road, style being the main thing.
    Just a note from Roe... Yes I plan on keeping on him to keep the short look,and his pizza bitch's name was Billy...
    thanks for the fun review...send Bravo an email and tell'em you want a checkin visit done on mark...we want more F5

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Did anyone else think Carson and perms don't mix....?

just curious...
    It looked awful!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast