+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The last 2 shows on NBC

FORT Newbie

The last 2 shows on NBC

during Thanksgiving week were real duds.

WHo wants to see married suburban guys with wives and kids getting makeovers? If they have no style it's their wives fault and problem. I think it was just a way to appeal to the white male suburbanite for ratings.

The last one with the bald guy was AWFUL! The wife needed the makeover! They were such boring people!

It was all so typically upper middle class. Buy a huge McMansion to give the illusion of wealth and then have no money to decorate. They didn't deserve the makeover.

Bald-guy

Quote Originally Posted by pdxguy
    during Thanksgiving week were real duds.

The last one with the bald guy was AWFUL! The wife needed the makeover! They were such boring people!

It was all so typically upper middle class. Buy a huge McMansion to give the illusion of wealth and then have no money to decorate. They didn't deserve the makeover.
    While I agree with you about the huge house with no furniture (weird!), I thought that this episode was one of the most emotional ones yet. That man had such a hateful and domineering mother, and his wife seems to be the complete opposite. Kyan seemed to be really touched that he made such a huge impact on this guy's life and self-esteem.
    Peace is Patriotic

I agree with the emotional effect in this episode. It can make anyone feel touched seeing Kyan's face light up after seeing him bald. It's definitely an improvement.

The part I especially love was the beginning when they were checking out the place. First of all, our boys look really good, especially Thom's hairstyle. Second, the witty banter doesn't get old, from getting Carson in the closet, to Ted proving that "gay guys really can catch".

Thom......Yummmmmmmm!! lovethom's Avatar
    I really liked this episode too. I just loved Kyan really caring about Richard. He took such a big step by removing his hair piece. Kyan just lit up, and I think the rest of the guys looked really good. I loved Carson in that purple turtleneck, he looked great. And Thom......well I mean, he just makes me flutter.....

I liked the family episodes. Many straight guys have families and they should not be ignored. I believe the Fab Five also enjoyed the impact of their efforts on more than just the straight guy.

+ Reply to Thread