+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12/09 - Ross M. (episode 114)

12/09 - Ross M. (episode 114)

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
    114 - Ross M.
    12-09-2003 10:00PM

Ross, a Special Ops air strike caller turned pharmaceutical manager, has been living a fairly regimented life since returning from active military duty in 2002. Complete with austere business suits, a “high & tight” military haircut, and a collection of war movies that would make John Ford jealous, Ross is living proof of the phrase, “Once a Marine, Always a Marine…” until now. Ross’ hip, cosmopolitan girlfriend, recently moved in to his Upper Eastside apartment and he has enlisted the Fab 5 to help him show her that there is room for her in his heart and his apartment. The mission: This marine will cook a romantic dinner in the couple’s new home.

Fade to black
    I might be the only one, but they sure are making over a bunch of pretty boys lately. I wanna see the dramatic "wow, look what they did to him" makeovers. Now I just watch to see what Thom does with the place, seeing someone change their clothes or get 1/2 an inch off their hair isn't as appealing as chopping off an entire head of hair or changing someone who's almost a bum (read: t-shirts and jeans guy like myself) to a suave dresser.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I thought the guy with the toupee and the long hair guy weren't pretty boys.

I like all the shows still though.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    No they weren't, I liked those two shows. The last two, I'm kinda indifferent on, the Fab Five are still funny as hell, but the makeovers haven't been as compelling.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I agree with Hazy a million percent. These last 2 shows have been by far my least favorites. Tonight I didn't even watch the last ten minutes, because I was just a) too embarrassed for the guy to want to watch him dance, but also b) I didn't give a damn anymore. And they REALLY need to stop bringing family/loved ones along on the shopping excursions. The first half of the show, the idiot girlfriend had more facetime than Ross did.

I still love this show, and I'm certainly not close to writing it off, but I hope it gets better soon. I don't want them to have already peaked.

I'm thinking they are reinventing themselves for the second set of episodes. I really enjoyed the first episode of the second set. Actually, I've enjoyed them all.

+ Reply to Thread