+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 12/02/03 Puttin' Style and Funk Into The Punk.

QEFTSG 12/02/03 Puttin' Style and Funk Into The Punk.

Da Kid- Steve Smith, a 20something 5'10" 170 pound Nail Biter!!!. This intervention was the brain child of the producers. In their words... "He needed some Funk...and style, that would work, Funk and Style."

Our heroes invade during a production meeting of the show that Steve is a co-host for, in NY. We find bad hair, bad toe jam, and old boxers on the science experiment for the week. Onward to the apartment/big storage unit of a domicile. Have you ever heard of a place with One closet? And a large coat closet at that. We meet Jackie, his main squeeze. We also see Jackie all over the place! Everywhere you turn, there is a Jackie knick-knack-odd-end-wallhanging dust collector. The only redeaming value of the place is that you have to enter the tub/shower from the end, quick grab a trapeze bar and we can really slip and slide!!!!

Shopping Off to the city, first stop... some hoity-toity clothing store with a DJ booth and juice bar. Are we shopping or camping for the day?!?!?! Little Punkster doesn't like to have his shirt tails tucked in, says it looks stupid. Does he realize that whine makes him look stupid, Nawwwww!!!!! And quit biting your nails!!! Lunch is coming soon!!!

Jai takes him to a great gallery where Eddie Kramer (record producer) has a showing of timeless shots of Rock Idols. The lucky Punkster ends up with an onstage shot of Jimi for his wall and gets to meet Eddie. Da Kid better know you can't do better than Hendrix(you kids need to Touch the Sky in a Purple Haze some day)

Ted takes him to some heath place where he learns to drink his Green Veggies. That Smoothie would be nice and smooth with a double shot of Crown Royal.

Thom takes Punkster to "Hold Everything" a cool furniture store stacked with Rattan and Wicker. Being an Island Guy, I have to find that store. Wonder what they have in Palm trees.

Kyan has the long term project of correcting that sucky hair of his. Putting foil in layers to adjust for any stray radio signals and a chop cut, the process starts and will continue.

The Home Back at the flop house, uncovered is style and panache and an equal amount of Punk and Jackie. Learning to share is good for a couple. After shaving lessons, and boy were the guys glad that he doesn't race the razor, he is off to the show. Making a grand entrance, he is a hit with the ladies, and some of the guys All in all another victory for the Fabulous Five. From the previews, it seemed like they got assinine guy #2 but ended up being a Punk who needed some Funk and Style.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Our straight guy of the week Steve was indeed a nervous wreck. When I glanced at him for the first time he had a 1994-ish look. Sorta like Soul Asylum meets Kurt Cobain look. Each time the Fab Five was talking to him he had that look that reminds me of ya know deers when you shine a flashlight in their faces. BUT, I decided to scratch that thought because Steve reminded me sooo much of Trey Parker (the force behind South Park!).
    When Carson & Kyan went clothes shopping, I could NOT get over laughing when Steve who suddenly turned into a whiny 7 year old that he did NOT like tucking in his shirts.
    And Carson getting huffy when Steve slams the door. CLASSIC MOMENT.
    Then Steve throws the shirt out of the dressing room. I think this goes down as the MOST memorable of Queer Eye!.......... Then Kyan sticks his head so he can see Steve and tells him "You Better Be Nice to my friend Carson"

Then fast fowarding to where Steve works at. I wanted to slap both the black guys comment and that goth girl.

Well thats about it.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I felt sorry for the straight guy. The office politics at the place he worked were awful...He didn't know that he was going to go through it and wasn't really happy at the start....though he warmed up to it by the end....(he got one of the best apartments Thom has done..loved the place) and
    a picture of his hero Jimi Hendrix taken by a rock idol himself...

But the reaction to his makeover by the on-air snots he worked with suggested to me that his job security is tenuous....for that I am sorry.....

Gives Goth girl a quarter to buy her own tie...its going to take a life time to give her style....

Yep, that Goth girl was something else, and the jury is still out as to what that is.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Thom......Yummmmmmmm!! lovethom's Avatar
    I thought that the "straight guy" did kinda look like a deer in the headlights for a while. I felt like the show was kind of "disconnected", I guess I was spoiled by the toupee show. And I did not like those comments at the end of the show! When those girls were taking off his clothes, I was like "Hey, leave that couture alone!!!"
    He did look really good at the end though. Again, the guys, especially my boyfriend, Thom!!, (I am trully in love with that guy) were great. When the clothes came over the dressing room door, and Carson's expression was priceless!!

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    The only redeaming value of the place is that you have to enter the tub/shower from the end, quick grab a trapeze bar and we can really slip and slide!!!!
    Did you see Kyan's face when he saw the shower? From his comments, he had the same idea!

Jai takes him to a great gallery where Eddie Kramer (record producer) has a showing of timeless shots of Rock Idols. The lucky Punkster ends up with an onstage shot of Jimi for his wall and gets to meet Eddie. Da Kid better know you can't do better than Hendrix(you kids need to Touch the Sky in a Purple Haze some day)
    One of the things I loved most about this episode were the references to classic rock! I was drooling over the photos and his meeting Eddie Kramer! I would also love to take the tour Jai gave him tickets to.

The scene at the clothing store cracked me up! I loved when Steve threw the shirt over the door and Carson said "He doesn't think I'm picking that up does he?" Carson scored major points with the denim jacket though! I have a feeling Steve wears that almost every day now!

Goth Girl and crew... I don't know if they were jealous of how cool Steve turned out or if they are really that annoying but I don't think I would be able to work with them for long. Did you see the faces the hair stylist was making when Steve told her how he wanted his hair done? I thought she was going to faint when he said he wanted her to use products with no alcohol in them!

I enjoyed that Steve gave Carson a little "trouble" in the clothing store. I thought that it really wasn't much. So, Kyan got to play he-man for 10 seconds. That was funny too. (Where is that muscle man smiley?) Steve, you were a wimp for backing down and changing your tone, unless you really felt that way. Regardless, all was good at the end.

I'm glad Steve picked that set of clothes for his new look debut. IMO, the first outfit looked like crap. Carson, you do such a good job but, everyone can have a bad fashion picking day.

Reminder: never leave anything unattended by that goth girl or it will grow legs and walk.

I forgot to add that I dug their shower. I dunno I have NEVER a shower like that before.
    And TED looks awfully cute w/o the glasses.

Lastly the show that Steve works at, is there a web adress?

Love Thom...I think the look that Steve Smith showed at the beginning was the direct result of the fact that his network, producers and co-workers arranged this for him...without his consent or knowledge....

Its a Fab Five first and though Steve really did show some composure...I can understand the Deer in the headlights look....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast