+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 11/18 Episode 113 The Model Morphed Mountain Man

QEFTSG 11/18 Episode 113 The Model Morphed Mountain Man

Ok Boys and Girls, gather round for Round 2 of the Fiasco Fixing Fab 5. This weeks lucky victim is Jeff Toale, a 45 year old Postal Worker who hasn't gone POSTAL!!! Just Folded, Spindled, and Mutilated. With the help of our heroes' he will be straighten up and his den of iniquity will be spruced into a rustic leather lounge.

Act 1...THE INVASION!!! the guys come into the dwelling of Jeff and Corrine(his wife), and daughter Christina, and are amazed with the wildlife hanging around. This is caused by two reasons, Reason 1. He is a taxidermist. Reason 2. They have waaaayyyy toooo many dried plants for the critters to hide amongst. Some quick internal landscaping solves the problem and a side effect is the black leather furniture is booted in the process. Kyan freaks over a clean toilet!! Carson attacks the closet and finds a thunderstorm in there... oops!! sorry, was mistaken by all the Gray clothes in there, just looked like storm clouds. Cleaning out left lots of room for new clothes. Especially when the Fish shirt swam away. They did ruin the minature golf course in the front yard when they moved the windmill from hole 16 to the neighbors yard. Ahh the price of being fashionably correct now-a-days. The makeover is prep for an end of summer cookout with people since they are tired of the animals hanging around the house being wallflowers. Not a talkative herd at all.

Act 2... Shopping!!! With Christina in tow, we go off to town with the redo crew.
    First stop Thom at Thomasville for a new sofa. You can't order them out of a catalog folks, you have to go test drive them and test drive they did. Also picked up was a leather patchwork chair for quilting Corrine to use.

Second stop Orvis-fly fishing affecianado store. Going for the rustic casual look in blazers, sports coats and slacks and jeans. Almost a Norman Rockwell casual.

Third stop Panico-a salon. The defining moment of change. Lopping off a foot of hair, and beard. The painfull part.... taking the moustache off that he had for 31 years.

Transformation complete, He looked like Tom Selleck when he modelled in the 70's, now he looks like Richard Chamberlain with the new cut.

Fourth stop The American Woodcarving Association. A gift from Jai is one months free carving lessons for taking His hobby to new levels.

Back at the homestead we get to see the fruits of Thom's labor as the Den goes from cluttered mess to Formal Rustic with a new paint job and molding. A door to separate the room from the dining room helps to define the space. Ted shows him how to do the Jungle Mail as they prepare Salmon in Banana Leaf Envelopes for him to deliver to the guests, lets hope he doesn't take "Snail Mail" seriously and have dinner three weeks late!! Wife and son come in and Love the place!!! She loves the new Jeff, that he does have an upper lip, and it makes her squirmy enough that she promises to make him "Mr. Lucky" later on. There goes the sheets!!! The party is a hit, except for the plastic plates, glasses, and forks. Must be their idea of a picnic without the park. Another job well done by our Five!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Great recap. Ilikai, that was my first thought after the haircut and shave, Richard Chamberlain. He looked so much younger and seemed like a fun guy with such a nice family. The decor was outdated, but as always, Thom worked his magic. The FF were looking better than last time. It's great how Thom and Carson try to improve yet, not change the guy from who he is. The episode did not disappoint and I just liked that family.

What a great episode! I really enjoyed this one. Wow, Jeff T. looked SO much like David Bowie to me after he was made over.

Bowie-look:

vs.
    Jeff T.-look:

The episodes are only getting better. Excellent job, Fab 5!

Lily

The Fab Five Boyz do what they do when raiding the house for the first time.
    Jeff was a handsome looking guy but he looked 5-10 yrs older than he really is. And the swooshing of his hair, oh lordy! I thought it was cute that the daughter tagged along. It was sweet when Carson tells her lets go look for boys.
    I thought I was seeing things when Kyan was actually doing some on hands work on Jeff before that long hair went "snip" "snip". VOILA! David Bowie!
    When Jeff smiles or doesnt look soooooo serious He Looks Definately Hottt!
    When the daughter says daddy's new look, I thought I was gonna cry. SERIOUS! I was sensing her loving her dad 10 times much more. That was a grrreat reality tv moment.
    Thom did an awesome job as usual to the house.
    Jeff's wife I really liked and seeing Jeff w/o the ZZ Top looking was a double sweet moment. The expression in her eyes I could tell what she was thinking.
    Plus, Jeff son......he's 18 so whew hoo!
    And to cap off the show, Jeff has a darn good voice. And the song he wrote, oh boy just SUPER! This welcome back show I give high props that erases that cheapie a-hole. What was his name again?

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    This was a great way to re-introduce the show ....and a wonderful re-cap....The guys seemed a tad inhibited because gasp there were children present...but there were great moments....the removal of the windmill to the neighbors lawn.....the race to remove all the dried flowers and Thom cringing in Horror at the mere mention of Redbook and Country Kitchen....High marks for a much missed shows return......

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    This was a great way to re-introduce the show ....and a wonderful re-cap....The guys seemed a tad inhibited because gasp there were children present...but there were great moments....the removal of the windmill to the neighbors lawn.....the race to remove all the dried flowers and Thom cringing in Horror at the mere mention of Redbook and Country Kitchen....High marks for a much missed shows return......
    I have to say I loved Kyan and the clean toilet!

Ohhhh I wish he wouldn't of HUGGED the damn toilet though! ewwwwwwwww! Even if he thinks it's clean, he should know that it's NOT! But, I still lub him..

The show was wonderful! I cried a few times watching it, especially when the daughter was crying. Then the wife with her shock & awe reaction, made me cry. I loved, loved LOVED this episode!

Jai needed to slow down on his soda at the end (before they left the house), Mr. Spilly!! lol
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    I liked this one because he wasn't so pathetic before. Married family guy, suburban house. Not a disaster but outdated - both his look and the home.

Some change though! He was downright hot after the change! I think he would look good with a moustache though because he didn't have much of an upper lip.

He should be a model again (for those who didn't watch, he modeled in the 70's).

I also thought, mmm, nice booty!

One of the things that made me laugh really hard was when Carson was running back from putting the windmill in the neighbor's yard..and he fell over the chair, and his legs went flying over! God, that made me laugh so hard! Also, cause you could hear him "dramatically" going, "oOOOooophhh.." and the microphone was getting smooshed. LOL

I like simple humor.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast