+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QEFTSG 11/18 Episode 113 The Model Morphed Mountain Man

Wonderful recap, Ilikai.

I thought the whole scene with the windmill was HILARIOUS. But then Carson always has me rollin'. Love those guys.

One teeny complaint - don't take the family shopping. Didn't dig that.
    I thought her relationship with her dad was really sweet but I have to agree. I think the Fab Five were more reserved and not as open with their comments due to her being with them most of time. But, of course, if that was me tagging along I wouldn't be saying anything...

Regardless, I am so happy to have new episodes!!

Art
    So this episode is on NBC right now, and of course there's editing. . .

I remember when they saw Jeff's son, the fab five were like "ooh, he's cuuutte!!" and I'm pretty sure I did not hear that on the NBC version. LMAO!! That wasn't tooo graphic, now was it? :rolleyes
    btw-- his son WAS cute!!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Art
    So this episode is on NBC right now, and of course there's editing. . .

I remember when they saw Jeff's son, the fab five were like "ooh, he's cuuutte!!" and I'm pretty sure I did not hear that on the NBC version. LMAO!! That wasn't tooo graphic, now was it? :rolleyes
    btw-- his son WAS cute!!
    No, I heard it. They really didn't cut much, just a few things, and more for time, than content, I think.

FORT Fogey
    They did a fabulous job on this one! Great mix of Bowie and Chamberlain. Really cool family too.

I missed this one on Bravo and just caught it on NBC last night, so I hope some funny stuff didn't get cut. I did hear the comment about the son being cute when they were looking at his picture, so at least that part stayed in.

The house was very clean and neat and decorated, I guess, but I would have killed myself within a week if I had to live with all those quilts and dried flowers all over the place. You can tell the wife does all the decorating and thinks everything needs to look like it came out of an issue of Martha Stewart magazine. I loved the redo of the guy's room, wasn't so thrilled with the new dining room, although I can see why Thom made the choices he did. I predict as soon as the guys left and the wife finished jumping her husband, the quilts came back in and she went shopping for dried flowers and candles.

Overall, there wasn't a whole lot of making over, other than giving him a haircut. His wardrobe was blah, but it wasn't hideous, and he ended up in newer versions of a lot of what was thrown away (updating is good). The daughter going along was cute, but I have to agree that it seemed to put a muffle on the guys. Everything was so sweet I needed to rinse my mouth out when it was over. They didn't really have conflict anywhere - the guy went with whatever they suggested and looked good in it, he didn't suggest anything that would give Carson or Kyan a stroke and the daughter never stopped smiling or saying how much she loved her daddy.

It was a very sweet episode and the makeover was great, but I like the edgier, bitchier shows better. This was just so...suburban.

The Fab Five needed to spread their talents around, even to suburbia. Not everyone lives in the West Village. Actually, if they lived in that neck of the "woods/jungle" they wouldn't need the FF anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    The Fab Five needed to spread their talents around, even to suburbia. Not everyone lives in the West Village. Actually, if they lived in that neck of the "woods/jungle" they wouldn't need the FF anyway!
    I enjoy living in suburbia, but I promise you, my life isn't as boring as this episode makes it look.

They can spread their talents anywhere and everywhere, but I stand by my feeling that this episode was missing some of the edgy commentary and style that other shows have all had. I'm reasonably sure that even in the West Village are some people helplessly in need of a style adjustment.

From the episodes I've seen, this is one of the best ones!!! When Jeff got his make-over I immediately though "OMG! DAVID BOWIE!!!" And Carson said it later on in the show. Jeff looked totally hot when he got that new look!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvy
    From the episodes I've seen, this is one of the best ones!!! When Jeff got his make-over I immediately though "OMG! DAVID BOWIE!!!" And Carson said it later on in the show. Jeff looked totally hot when he got that new look!
    Hi Sweetie, I'm glad to see you here! I also like Bowie. I thought that I'd drive across the river this summer and maybe try for a celebrity sighting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123