+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SPINOFF: Queer Eye for the Straight Girl

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    I think it should be the same guys... we can't have a completely different Fab Five running around! Just imagine... no Carson, no Thom, no Ted, no Jai, no Kyan... That'd just be weird. While I love the concept of making over straight girls as well (I know some of us could use it), it just wouldn't be the same .
    "If you want to sound like the biggest geek ever... say that again." ~ Thom Filicia

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!" ~ Carson Kressley

Ted Allen: Who's food are you eating?
    Jai Rodriguez: *with a full mouth* The straight people's...

ohmygawd! That would have been fun seeing Queer Ladies doin make overs! If it did happen I would be envisioning Gina Gershon's character in Showgirls cause that would obviously boost ratigns thru the roof.
    No offense to "butch" women.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok. This is funny, cause I really did have a discussion about Queer Gals for the Str8 Girls. Or something along the lines of that.

Basically what I wanted was a makeover....but I'm a lesbian. I'm not butch, or obviously in need of a makeover....I just need some help in the clothes shopping department for work, and whatever else they saw fit to "redo" on me.

I think it would be funny to have queer women making over straight gals. But...not sure how well that would go.

As for gay men making over str8 women... hmm...I guess it might work...but it would have to include the Fab 5. Hands down, they are the ones who would bring the ratings..not a new group. The following/fans have already been formed for the Fab 5...it would be kinda silly to get new queers to do it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno's back!

I think any group of people who were willing and somewhat in need would be good for a make over.
    Of course, the Fab Five are my Favorite , but I would give some new group a chance. I would still like the whole nine yards: hair, skin, nails, waxing-OUCH, food, home, and culture! (They could throw in some tickets to a Broadway show or dance performance).

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Maveno's back!

I think any group of people who were willing and somewhat in need would be good for a make over.
    Of course, the Fab Five are my Favorite , but I would give some new group a chance. I would still like the whole nine yards: hair, skin, nails, waxing-OUCH, food, home, and culture! (They could throw in some tickets to a Broadway show or dance performance).

Hey eldee!!!! I sure am! Actually...never left, Survivor started and I had to be around the Paradise Hotel threads cause of the ending! Sheesh...wish QEFTSG had new episodes. ::sigh::

Anyway...yeah, any group of people who are willing to do the show would rock. But...there are sooo many makeover shows already going on...I think it needs to stand out somehow. I think "another group" of guys doing it would essentially make the show meld into all the other makeover shows cause it would be makeovers for women (most of these shows are for women). I think that's why (saddled with the fact that they're queer guys doing it) the show is a hit, cause it's "men only" makeovers.
    Hey..I could be wrong...it's just mho..
    But that's why I think it might prove to be better with the Fab 5...cause they would bring ratings right from the getgo.

**Doesn't mean I wouldn't watch if they were new guys though...I would just feel like I was cheating on my boys...lol**

.02 cents worth of typing again.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    Perhaps it would be a better idea to try it out with one episode of QEFTSG instead of making a whole new show. They already branched out in a way, with the John V. epsiode... I'm not so sure about the whole thing realy, but at least this way they could test it out, with the ORIGINAL Fab Five, and see if anyone likes it. IMHO, as much as I would love for them to make me over, I'd like to see them sticking to the straight guys. Like Maveno said, there's already plenty of shows out there for girls... give the guys a chance!
    "If you want to sound like the biggest geek ever... say that again." ~ Thom Filicia

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!" ~ Carson Kressley

Ted Allen: Who's food are you eating?
    Jai Rodriguez: *with a full mouth* The straight people's...

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Sheesh...wish QEFTSG had new episodes. ::sigh::

I believe a NEW episode is set to air November 18!

BorderEevil2, cute kitty. Nov. 18 seems so far away....

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    BorderEevil2, cute kitty. Nov. 18 seems so far away....
    Why, ty...the many wonders when browsing pics on the net....
    I glanced at QEFTSG's website on Bravo, it does reflect now I believe and the STR8 guy of the hour everyone has not seen yet is definate the 18th, which is 3 MORE Tuesdays!

+ Reply to Thread