+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SNL skit on QE/SG

SNL skit on QE/SG

I missed SNL's skit on QE/SG. Someone mentioned it on another thread, but did not give details. I just got home when they started the Wade Robinson skit.

Did anyone catch it? What was it about?

you didn't miss much eldee. Basically they did a spoof on QE, called "Queer Eye for the Straight Girl". They played the QE themesong and showed several lesbian stereotypes (softball player, plaid shirt lover, etc..) trying to make over a straight girl. They didn't imitate the fab five or anything

Mad TV however did do a pretty good spoof of Queer Eye where they imitated each of the fab five.

FORT Newbie
    Mad TV however did do a pretty good spoof of Queer Eye where they imitated each of the fab five.
    And?? Could someone give us a little recap of that clip? Thanks!

ok, I'll try to give a recap from what I can remember. I don't usually watch MadTv, so I don't know any of the cast member's names.

They start out with "All things" and introduce the characters. Carson looks like carson to the 100th power, a very skinny, blonde, stringly haired, flambouyantly dressed guy with weird facial expressions. Thom is played by a really fat guy, but his laugh is imitated really well. When they show Jai's freezeframe face (in the intro where they usually have the caption "culture") instead it says "useless". Jai is also played by a short, fat Asian guy who looks nothing like him. Kyan was turned into a catty bitch. Ted was played more effeminate than he really is.

They all go to Michael Jackson's place to make him over. While they are in the car reading the bio, Carson says something about needing a magic wand to make him over. Kyan says "Got one!" and points to his crotch. There are some funny scenes with Michael Jackson's ridiculous clothing, and some gay statutes, I wish I remembered everything. At one point, Kyan tries to pluck some nose hairs from Michael Jackson and his nose falls off.

ack! someone else must have remembered more than this!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I missed SNL's skit on QE/SG. Someone mentioned it on another thread, but did not give details. I just got home when they started the Wade Robinson skit.

SNL's skit wasn't worth watching. Same old same old thang. The only skits worth watching on SNL anymore, are those in which Darrell Hamond does his impersations. He does a great Arnold (The Terminator, and the guy running for CA governor..can't spell his name!) S. Mad TV's Queer Eye skit, was commical as is most of there work. I MISS MAT TV'S ALEX B...SHE IS THE GIRL WHO PLAYED MISS SWAN!!!

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    [QUOTE=cmsmcc]SNL's skit wasn't worth watching. Same old same old thang. /QUOTE]

I agree! The SNL QE skit was...the only word I can think of is STUPID! Using the word stupid probably makes it seem as if I couldn't think of a better word to describe the skit but it was just plain STUPID! Maya Rudolph was supposed to be Kyan. She did the disposable razors bit but told the girl the reason they were disposable was because she should "let the forest grow" or something like that. I don't remember who was playing Carson but she wanted to dress the girl all in plaid flannel shirts! Like Carson (or even his female counterpart) would be caught dead wearing a plaid flannel shirt!

QE may exaggerate the mannerisms of the guys but the final product is tasteful. The SNL skit was one of the worst I have seen them do in awhile. And that's not saying much for their skits to begin with since I haven't been a fan in a long time anyway. I long for the days where Dave Spade and Adam Sandler dressed up as the Gap Girls! "You gotta cinch it!"

FORT Regular
    SNL is much better at political satire than cultural commentary. I wish NBC outlets Bravo or MSNBC would set up a time on Monday where they would play the three minutes of comedy on SNL we missed while we were at a party or on a date.

Better yet, replace part of Leno's Monday night monologue with it.

Then replace Leno's Tuesday through Friday night monologue with Conan.

Then fire Leno and add Jon Stewart.

Then have CBS fire Craig Kilborn and add Graham Norton.

Then pit Leno against Kilborn on a reality show.

Just a few humble suggestions.
    Last edited by pdxviewer; 10-06-2003 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee

Okay... I know this is off topic but could someone please explain Wade Robson to me. I'm not trying to be mean but I just don't get this guy. I know he is or was a choreographer for Britney Spears. His moves just don't strike me as being all that spectacular. I did catch the Wade skit on SNL -- Jack Black is just crazy! But I missed the QE skit :mad: (apparently I didn't miss much)

FORT Newbie
    I2hDD; Yep, SNL's GAP days were a stich. Remember when sandler and spade were the Gap girls, and eating lunch at the mall? Chris Farley comes in as their so-worker, starts eating french fries, and when the other 'girls" say, I thought you were on a diet" Farley yells in an Exorcist voice, LEAVE ME ALONE..I'M STARVING!" lol

to PB VIEWER: Good reply! I agree with all your replacement thoughts, but wish I had thought of them first! Thanks for the good laughs.
    colleen

cmsmcc: I thought I was the ONLY one who LOVED that Chris Farley moment!!! I still think that was one of the funniest moments on tv either, but I believe he said "LAY OFF, I'M STARVING"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast