+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SNL skit on QE/SG

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    cmsmcc: I thought I was the ONLY one who LOVED that Chris Farley moment!!! I still think that was one of the funniest moments on tv either, but I believe he said "LAY OFF, I'M STARVING"

POODLE: You're right..it is, "Lay Off"! but what do i know? I am just a poor slob who lives in my van down by the river!

Sincerely,
    Matt Foley

holy schnikes that was funny!! (doing the goofy/scary Chris Farley chuckle)

FORT Newbie
    Like Carson (or even his female counterpart) would be caught dead wearing a plaid flannel shirt!

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but that was the joke. It was just full of stereotypes--lesbians don't wear bras, they don't shave, they play softball, they wear flannel. I thought it was funny in that regard.

They had a sketch a few years ago with these frat-boy types making a wish on a magic lamp to have 2 "real live lesbians" make out in front of them so they could watch. Smoke and flashing light, and suddenly there's a big bed with 2 "real live lesbians"--2 women sporting mullets and jeans and sleeveless flannel shirts, singing folk songs and discussing what to bring to a potluck.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SwankyKen
    Like Carson (or even his female counterpart) would be caught dead wearing a plaid flannel shirt!

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but that was the joke. It was just full of stereotypes--lesbians don't wear bras, they don't shave, they play softball, they wear flannel. I thought it was funny in that regard.

They had a sketch a few years ago with these frat-boy types making a wish on a magic lamp to have 2 "real live lesbians" make out in front of them so they could watch. Smoke and flashing light, and suddenly there's a big bed with 2 "real live lesbians"--2 women sporting mullets and jeans and sleeveless flannel shirts, singing folk songs and discussing what to bring to a potluck.

SWANKYKEN: yeah, we all knew it was a joke, but the genral opinion is that SNL isn't very funny at all lately. SNL's history has had years that even the actors and Lorne Michaels admit sucked. This was SNL's fall premier show; the entire show should have been a laugh riot, but it fell flat.
    However, after Arnold The Terminator won the governor's race, Darrell Hammond's impressions of him will bring a breath of fresh air into the show

FORT Newbie
    ....just remembered another SNL skit a few years back that was funny. Adam Sandler and Chris Farley housesitting, and the house was full of georgeous gay guys dancing around the pool in speedos.

another one....Mike meyers and Nicole Kidman were playing 5 year old kids. Mike had ADD, and Nicole gave him a candy bar. Mike got a sugar high, and ripped the monkey bar ser he was chained to, and dragged it through the streets of New york..You would have had to of seen the skits to appreciate the comedy. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cmsmcc
    ....just remembered another SNL skit a few years back that was funny. Adam Sandler and Chris Farley housesitting, and the house was full of georgeous gay guys dancing around the pool in speedos.

another one....Mike meyers and Nicole Kidman were playing 5 year old kids. Mike had ADD, and Nicole gave him a candy bar. Mike got a sugar high, and ripped the monkey bar ser he was chained to, and dragged it through the streets of New york..You would have had to of seen the skits to appreciate the comedy. LOL

How sad is it that I Remember VERY well both of those skits!

The housesitting sketch was a fake commercial, and it was for a beer called "schmitts' gay".

The sketch with Mike Myers and Nicole Kidman was repeated with Kim Basinger too, definetly one of the funniest sketches ever!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    How sad is it that I Remember VERY well both of those skits!

The housesitting sketch was a fake commercial, and it was for a beer called "schmitts' gay".

The sketch with Mike Myers and Nicole Kidman was repeated with Kim Basinger too, definetly one of the funniest sketches ever!

POODLE: I know what u mean 'bout being sad that I/we remember years of SNL. I have no life! did you read the thread i just submitted "POODLE< please read?"

how come when we post a reply, the other memember's post appears in our reply box? know what I mean? it is hard to explain, sorry

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Just highlight and delete the other person's post, and it won't appear.

FORT Newbie
    SWANKYKEN: yeah, we all knew it was a joke, but the genral opinion is that SNL isn't very funny at all lately.

Understood. It was really just that one line I quoted in particularly that gave me the impression not everyone saw the joke in the sketch. Obviously, some people DID get the joke and just not like it, though. Mea culpa.

SNL's history has had years that even the actors and Lorne Michaels admit sucked.

Absolutely. I've been watching for about 15 years now and I saw firsthand 2 of the 3 "lost years" most people point to (those being the first year after the original cast left, the Anthony Michael Hall year, and the Janeane Garofalo year). It's tough with a show with that size ensemble cast and that format--sometimes the first few eps suck, but that's because the cast has to jell. Other times, the first few eps suck, but it doesn't get better because the cast just plain doesn't work for some reason. And it's hard to tell which is which if you don't stick it out for a few eps.

This was SNL's fall premier show; the entire show should have been a laugh riot, but it fell flat. However, after Arnold The Terminator won the governor's race, Darrell Hammond's impressions of him will bring a breath of fresh air into the show

Yes, you'd think with a whole summer to work on it, they'd have a better 90 minutes...as it was, only about half of it was worth watching (meaning it made me laugh even once). That's the problem with SNL usually, actually--90 minutes means the last few sketches will usually stink. Of course, there are anomalies--"My Dinner With Sister Souljah," one of my all-time favorite sketches, was next-to-last on its show, and doesn't usually make it into reruns.

Darrell...he's holding down the fort now that Will is gone. I'm looking forward to much merciless Anrold-skewering.

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsmcc
    OMG! Phillip the Hyper Hypo Kid! It is on the Best of Mike Meyers! I loved that skit!! "At least I don't have to wear a HAARness!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast