+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deals, Contracts, Sponsors, Money

FORT Regular

Deals, Contracts, Sponsors, Money

Television Week confirms that Bravo and Scout Productions have made a deal for 40 episodes of Queer Eye next season.

The article also cites sources claiming the cast members are expected to land contracts worth $6-10,000 per episode, potentially increasing each of their salaries from $36,000 this season to $400,000 next.

NBC is expected to earn $15-20 million in international distribution.

The Queer Eye book deal is worth $1.23 million.

The Fab 5'ers are each earning at least $50,000 for speaking engagements.
    Quotes:
    Mr. Kressley could soon see some time behind the microphone as a style analyst for some news shows.
    "The cleaning ladies here made more money than they did," one source close to the Fab Five said. "It was absolutely ridiculous that we had to even fight for it the way we did, considering they put that channel on the map."
    It became clear during Emmy weekend that the Fab Five are some the biggest stars in the television business right now—perhaps even bigger than the slew of highly paid, statuette-toting actors who requested photos with them after the awards show. One of the most telling moments was the point at which Ray Romano, who is earning an estimated $40 million for this season of Everybody Loves Raymond, approached them for a photo at HBO's after-party.
    Mr. Kressley, like so many Emmy guests over the years, misplaced some jewelry, a diamond piece from a borrowed watch, for which Access [Hollywood] is making an insurance claim.
    Meanwhile, TVWeek sibling Advertising Age reports that Almay by Revlon is considering using the Fab 5 to launch a new product line. They've met with William Morris Agency, which represents Ted Allen and Thom Filicia. (But wouldn't they want Mr. Grooming?) The TVWeek article claims the Five have "signed a deal to jointly promote a women's product for advertisers." Is this the same project?

A 30-second advertisement during Queer Eye costs about $11,000.

AdAge reported that General Mills was in talks with Ted Allen, and TVWeek confirms that they have struck a deal.

AdAge writes that Crate & Barrel and Pier One have "sent out feelers" to Thom Filicia, and a Pier One spokeswoman says the company is "looking at a number of new creative directions." TVWeek reports that Filicia is "discussing a way to create his own line of furniture."
    Quotes:
    Both Mr. Filicia and Mr. Allen are managed by Michael Flutie of Flutie Entertainment. Mr. Flutie said he was astounded at the lack of initial interest from marketers when he started making calls on his clients' behalf. Now it's a different story.

Mr. Flutie declined to discuss specifics, but said: "We are having many conversations with blue-chip companies in the cosmetics, fashion, fragrance and the food business. Part of our strategy is to align the talent with synergistic relationships that support the talent and NBC/Bravo."

FORT Regular
    From the Chicago Sun-Times:
    FIELD'S FARE: Yup, that was Carson Kressley, the fashion expert on ''Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,'' hanging nearly 18 feet up in the air at Marshall Field's State Street store Saturday -- filming a TV commercial for Field's 13-hour sale. Perched in a ''cherry picker,'' he was fiddling with the hands of the famous clock at Randolph and State.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxviewer
    FIELD'S FARE: Yup, that was Carson Kressley, the fashion expert on ''Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,'' hanging nearly 18 feet up in the air at Marshall Field's State Street store Saturday -- filming a TV commercial for Field's 13-hour sale. Perched in a ''cherry picker,'' he was fiddling with the hands of the famous clock at Randolph and State.
    Oh! I wish that I had known about this.... I live across the street from there! I could have gone over. Thanks for posting this, pdxviewer!

Lily

Art
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxviewer
    OH-MY-GOD. You are kidding me!! ugh!! I could have gone!! damn! i'm so mad at myself now!

Thanks for posting that article pdx...it was interesting. I'm glad to see the boys will be getting a deserved payhike.

Well congrats to the Fab 5! 40 more episodes! WooHoo! Cant wait till the new season starts!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Art
    OH-MY-GOD. You are kidding me!! ugh!! I could have gone!! damn! i'm so mad at myself now!

Thanks for posting that article pdx...it was interesting. I'm glad to see the boys will be getting a deserved payhike.
    What Makes You Different, Makes You Beautiful

FORT Regular
    There's going to be a CD of the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" soundtrack, whatever that is, in time for Christmas. Press accounts say there will be a full version of the "All Things" theme, of course, but the Amazon.com page credits "Various Artists" and charges $18.98. Will this be DJ Jai's hit parade? How would that be considered QE's soundtrack? Will QE suddenly become a jammin' dance party for November sweeps? Regardless, the release date is December 9, so there's plenty of time for details -- and respectable cover art -- to be revealed.

A remix of "All Things" is already being played in clubs.

+ Reply to Thread