+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 9/23: The tightwad, social misfit challenge

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Morgan~*~
    I was just about to post a new topic about this. I thought I was going crazy when I saw him. Is this guy out to take over reality tv one show at a time, or what?

Yeah, I can see his comedic career has skyrocketed :rolleyes. He's bound determined to be on TV somehow, and I'm not so sure it's his best option or strong suit... give up Alan.

He is the male version of Toni from Paradise Hotel/Love Cruise/Blind Date!! What's next, trying out for the new season of Last Comic Standing??
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Quoted from CNN: "As for the future? A few months ago, Corey met his neighbor, an interior designer who shares his passion for real estate. The two have teamed up and are negotiating their first joint purchase: an abandoned four-story building they want to transform into apartments."

He's buddies with an interior designer and they redo houses? but they can't decorate his lame ass apartment? What's wrong with this picture? Alan, you're a lazy jerk arse idiot. Grr!!!!

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by elysive
    Quoted from CNN: "As for the future? A few months ago, Corey met his neighbor, an interior designer who shares his passion for real estate. The two have teamed up and are negotiating their first joint purchase: an abandoned four-story building they want to transform into apartments."

He's buddies with an interior designer and they redo houses? but they can't decorate his lame ass apartment? What's wrong with this picture? Alan, you're a lazy jerk arse idiot. Grr!!!!
    I think he saw a chance for national TV exposure and took it. I don't believe he was honest with the producers, and they didn't check him out. He has made a mockery of the Fab 5 by his actions and his attitude toward the guys.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    *shakes her head* It takes a real jerk to take advantage of such special people ...
    "If you want to sound like the biggest geek ever... say that again." ~ Thom Filicia

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!" ~ Carson Kressley

Ted Allen: Who's food are you eating?
    Jai Rodriguez: *with a full mouth* The straight people's...

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    when he broke the glasses and started that mantra, all I thought was, this guy was beaten silly as a kid when he broke things, ala "Mommy Dearest" and the wire hangers. but now, I wonder if it wasn't just a show, plus did he grin when he ate the cheese off his shoe, sure looks like it to me.

I say "string him up, it'll teach him a lesson!!!"

I say send the Fab Five back to his house, and let them loose once more. I'm sure they wouldn't be as nice the second time... that should teach him a lesson .
    "If you want to sound like the biggest geek ever... say that again." ~ Thom Filicia

I think it's up to the producers to do a more thorough contestant check on the reason he applied. I guess he didn't break any rules.

I'm still waiting for my make over!

I was just joking . I agree that Bravo should have done a more detailed backround check and such. I guess they learned what not to do for the next time, at least.

FORT Newbie
    I know that many talk shows require guests to sign contracts stating that they won't appear on any other show for X amount of time--that's to keep professionals out. I don't know if QE has such a thing and Alan just lied, or if they were just desperate. I hope it's the latter because hating him more would eat a hole in my stomach.

Anyway, about the ep: I have all the eps on my TiVo and I have watched them all at least 5 times, except this one. I actually found it painful and embarrassing. In retrospect, I probably had some instinct that he was a shyster--I found it hard to believe he was truly THAT clueless. It was also difficult to see that the Fab 5 truly didn't like him very much...I love the chemistry and true concern and affection they show for the straight guys, but that just wasn't here on this one. Perhaps THEY even felt they were getting put on. And finding out Alan was a comedian? Stunner. Nothing he did or said during that whole show made me laugh, which makes me wonder what his "act" must be like. Perhaps he's more that Andy Kaufman "performance art" style of comic. But anyway, I am particularly galled by this ep because that apartment was the closest thing they've done to what *I* would do if I had the money and space. Between that furniture store and the trip to Mr Pink, I was gnawing my own arm in a jealous snit.

FORT Newbie
    I agree with you, Swanky. Before the show aired, I think the producers might have been searching hard for good candidates; nobody in the public knew what the show was going to be like. Now that they are a Fabulous success, I'll bet they have to beat the candidates off. Finding good ones, though, might be just as hard - now they have to winnow them out from all the freeloader types.

My hope is that they don't try too hard for the "good story" angle. I like best the candidates who are seeking a life change for its own sake. To find the right combination sounds tough. I don't envy the staff behind the scenes whose job it is to make it all work. Or maybe I do...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast