+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 9/23: The tightwad, social misfit challenge

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    That's the best he's got on the website? Wow... I can do better than that! Ah well, he didn't really strike me as the comedic type... he never even said anything worth laughing at on the show, and there were a million fabulous opportunites :rolleyes:.

Anywho, I think we need to put this whole episode behind us. I wish there was another one coming up so that we could have a happier experience to reflect upon until the new shows start rolling in again. I suppose, until November, we'll just have to do what we can with reruns and try not to think about what a sleaze-ball Alan was.

PS- He spelled his name Alan, right? So how come, in the bathtub, his name was "carved" Allen? Just curious. I noticed that on a rerun yesterday and I thought I'd ask...

FORT Newbie
    I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned yet.

Good god...Katie needs to go looking for another man. Did anyone else notice the three main things the loser said to her when giving her the gift..

Paraphrasing...
    1) Jai suggested I buy you this
    2) They made me buy it with my own money
    3) I was guilted into it.

WOW! What says "I love you" more than a necklace that someone else had to suggest you buy and then you whine about having to spend your own money on it??

Quote Originally Posted by preventinjury
    .........WOW! What says "I love you" more than a necklace that someone else had to suggest you buy and then you whine about having to spend your own money on it??
    I'm thinking one of two things here. He is just inept with his words and actions. Remember how he toasted her for the things she does for him as a girlfriend in front of both sets of parents? (Sex came into my mind) and/or he was kidding with her because although she seemed sweet, she didn't seem stupid and she wouldn't have to put up with a mean jerk. If he was kidding on a "bad" day, it could have back fired.

Can we hook her up with John the cop? His sweetness and playfulness came out after his make over.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    OK. I watched that train wreck, and WHILE watching I said, "This guy is lying to all of them".. He was rude, obnoxious, and he did all that gross stuff on purpose. NOBODY wipes the sweat off your forehead and then proceeds to wipe the cutting board. Not to mention all the other crap he did. Nothing he did was funny, he was going against the grain with everything. A comedian he is not.

So, I thought I'd check with my realitytv friends to see what everyone else thought. Lo & behold.....it's pretty much a given that he scammed the show. How sad.

The Fab 5 are exactly that...FABULOUS! Too bad they had to have this jerk mess around with such an excellent show.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Did any one see Alan Corey on the Resturant. He was a waiter on tonight's episode...guess he doesnt yet have his 15 minutes of fame....or his comic timing perfected...The performance was less than memorable.....

GASP!!!!

HE WAS ON THE RESTAURANT TOO?

This is beginning to be too much. Now, more than ever, I think this guy just tried to pull a fast one on the fab 5.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    I was just about to post a new topic about this. I thought I was going crazy when I saw him. Is this guy out to take over reality tv one show at a time, or what?

Yeah, I can see his comedic career has skyrocketed :rolleyes. He's bound determined to be on TV somehow, and I'm not so sure it's his best option or strong suit... give up Alan.
    "If you want to sound like the biggest geek ever... say that again." ~ Thom Filicia

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!" ~ Carson Kressley

Ted Allen: Who's food are you eating?
    Jai Rodriguez: *with a full mouth* The straight people's...

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Did any one see Alan Corey on the Resturant. He was a waiter on tonight's episode...guess he doesnt yet have his 15 minutes of fame....or his comic timing perfected...The performance was less than memorable.....
    Yes, I did! If anyone watches tonights repeat, I believe it was during the last 15 minutes or so. He has the short hair, green shirt with white strips. The voice was unmistakable.

I wonder when they filmed his episode? In the article dated April 3, 2003: 5:35 PM EST "He also bought a seven-bedroom house in Brooklyn this January, where he lives and rents the other six rooms to comedians he's befriended after two years on the New York comedy circuit. This rental income enables him to pay his mortgages and save for his next real estate deal. " I wonder if that's why we never saw the rest of the place-becuz he had roommates?? I think the cheapskate that he is took total advantage of the situation for his own benefit!
    Alan Corey CNN Article Link

[QUOTE=Lyzetth]This is beginning to be too much. Now, more than ever, I think this guy just tried to pull a fast one on the fab 5.

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    [QUOTE=tmtokill]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzetth
    This is beginning to be too much. Now, more than ever, I think this guy just tried to pull a fast one on the fab 5.

Not only that, I wonder how much of the show was a "put on". Was the breaking of the glasses really an accident? Did he purposely do things wrong to try to make the Fab 5 look bad?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast