+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 9/23: The tightwad, social misfit challenge

This one had me cracking up... the MB on the other hand? Not so much. I just did not like him. I hope that, if this really were a scam, the producers will be able to weed out bad seeds better, since now that the show is so popular they'll have to deal with more idiots just trying to get free stuff or TV exposure.

Anyway, I enjoyed watching the Fab 5 once again. They're magically delicious!

The girlfriend summed it up about Alan. He's owns property but when it comes to his own living space, he cuts corners to the knee and bone. And I glanced at his website especially the video portion, which should have been labeled I am too cheap
    cause his explanation was soo hilarious. Like Kyan said, if ya wanna make money ya gotta spend money. And since hes a tightwad, I wonder how long its gonna be on-line...

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    What gets me is he is inducted into the polo Hall of Fame, He must know Carson and the two came off as fighting...its like they hated each other....perhaps they do...I thought he was a con man from the start...if the condo is a place he is about to rent....Bravo should sue....and a stand up comic at a loss for words....perhaps he was acting...
    That is not him in the Polo Hall of Fame. That guy started playing in 1930. I think he just put that on his site because the guy has the same name as he does. Even if you read farther down the story, it talks about his son in 1969. Well, Alan isn't old enough to be the son either.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Ok for the record if you actually bring up the link you can tell that its another Alan Cory...all I read was the FAQ....are you inducted into the Polo Hall of Fame....and his reply it looks like it....I stand corrected....but it brings up another question as a self-proclaimed web desinger....listed in the CNN his site is a bit hard to read and some of the links dont quite work......this Alan Corey never played Polo and I read the Web site too quickly on that point.....

FORT Regular
    They really screwed up Alan's appearance. He looked much better before than after. He went from looking more attractive & mature to generic & boyish. He definately was not comfortable with his new look.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    I did not like the straight guy chosen this time. He was wrong for the show and is probably embarassed by how he came off. There was no chemistry with the guys and him.
    Not sure I totally agree with that. There did seem to be a bit of friction though with Kyan and Carson. I really liked the way he thanked them each individually... that was a nice touch. Although I don't understand how he could seem somewhat "eloquent" at that moment but gave such an uneasy toast with the parents and the girlfriend. Editing??

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    When he was sweepojng up the broken glass and repeating like a mantra, "Don't buy nice things" Man this guy would really do well with some therapy, he has got something goin on and I felt sorry for him.
    You're right about the therapy!! What a heartbreaking moment... he was really beating himself up over the broken glassware. I can just hear his parents telling him what an idiot he was when he was a kid!!

I just went to this guys website. Hmmmm... have we all been had?? Was this just one big improv for Mr Alan Corey??? Guess I'll have to watch it again!!
    Last edited by sinclair; 09-26-2003 at 10:09 PM.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    I think I misunderstood. I thought he was renting out the apartment he had redone and was living in the 7 bedroomer... my bad! I was sitting here thinking, "wow... what a sleaze..." I feel bad now for having such a harsh reaction towards him!

I do agree about them not having chemistry though. While the beginning "make fun of the straight guy" sequence was one of the best yet, the rest didn't seem to click for me. The breaking of the glassware DID make for some good entertainment, but I don't think the Alan "the Rainman" Corey will be one of the better episodes overall .

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Morgan~*~
    I think I misunderstood. I thought he was renting out the apartment he had redone and was living in the 7 bedroomer... my bad! I was sitting here thinking, "wow... what a sleaze..." I feel bad now for having such a harsh reaction towards him!

I do agree about them not having chemistry though. While the beginning "make fun of the straight guy" sequence was one of the best yet, the rest didn't seem to click for me. The breaking of the glassware DID make for some good entertainment, but I don't think the Alan "the Rainman" Corey will be one of the better episodes overall .
    He was renting out his one bedroom condo and living in the 7 bedroom house. He rents the other 6 bedrooms out. The guy is a total fraud, IMO. He had no chemistry with the boys because he was only in it for the free stuff, mostly the furniture, I think, not to make himself better. I mean, when you piss off Carson, Kyan and Jai, sweet, lovable Jai, you are not a very good MB. Need more proof that he is a fraud, just check out his website. He claims to be a comedian, but I always thought comedians were supposed to be funny. Anyone check e-bay lately? Wouldn't surprise me to see that he was trying to sell the stuff he was given. Argh!!!

Speaking of which, did anyone think poorly of Alan's parents? I was a bit pissed at them about their "bachelor pad" in front of the gf comment, and at their social ineptitudes when meeting Katie's parents. I don't care how drunk they were. Alan was their son and it was his party and they should have made an extra attempt to be friendly to his gf and her parents. But maybe, hinted to by the rainman, they're just cold and ultra-critical.

I just blamed them for Alan's cluelessness about giving gifts and being considerate to people who help or love him. Maybe it was a scam. But then who was in the know? Katie? her poor parents? WEIRDNESS, whatever it was.

I didn't like this guy from the beginning. But then I have issues with cheap people, lol. He looks rather young, especially after his hair was cut. I cannot believe he has a girlfriend at all, and telling her he had to pay for the necklace himself was just poor form.

I did go to the site, it's an interesting design. I do like his booking information screen. He has a url for stalkers called ... thisemaildoesntwork@goaway.com, which is about as funny as I think this guy gets, lol. I don't know who would hire him, he has several pictures posted in his pre Fab5 grunge look.

All in all, I think it was a fairly good show. Especially since he was a mess in most facets of his life. I do think he was in it for the face time and free makeover. I'm glad they didn't give him some of the more expensive furniture I've seen in past episodes like the leather sofa, or leather chairs some of the other men have received. He received more than he deserved as far as I'm concerned. Tom did a great job on the house and the others tried, but you can't make a show horse out of a mule.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast