+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 9/23: The tightwad, social misfit challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Alan is not looking good at all, and more tarnish seems to be uncovered every day.
    I wonder when Alan's site was launched? It would really upset me if it was launched after he did the QEFTSG show.

I love how he admits to penny-pinching on his own page (see video's). It's hilarious
    So, maybe he is a comedian

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    What gets me is he is inducted into the polo Hall of Fame, He must know Carson and the two came off as fighting...its like they hated each other....perhaps they do...I thought he was a con man from the start...if the condo is a place he is about to rent....Bravo should sue....and a stand up comic at a loss for words....perhaps he was acting...

acting... maybe.
    funny... maybe.
    museumguy, I'm not sure how much was due to editing with the lost for words scene. Some people have a very drool sense of humor and it could be that was what he was shooting for. But then maybe not because it was a real pressure situation.

I grant them that it definitely made for good TV cause it's got me pondering quite a bit about it afterwards. What was real and what was just reality TV?

Has this issue been brought up somewhere else? Or is it just us discussing all this?

Wow. All this makes me dislike Alan even more. How dare he take advantage of the kindness of 5 gay strangers?!?!?!?!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    He really did take advantage of them. I think it would be much more beneficial to everyone if they had made someone over who would, oh... I don't know... NOT lie. There are plenty of straight guys out there who genuinely need help, and not just a decorator for their rental apartment :rolleyes:.

I too am curious to see if this pops up in the news anywhere... it can't be just us who realize that Alan was a jerk!

Is there anyone in New York that has seen Alan Corey's act? I've read that he's into improv.
    How would you compare it to his "performance" on QEFTSG?

Pining for the Fab 5 the_shipper's Avatar
    First just to clarify, I LOVED ( ) the episode because it had so many good moments, but HATED ( ) the straight guy.

On top of being worth about $200K, that CNN article also says that he makes about $65K per year...that's not too shabby at all...too much for him to penny-pinch as much as he does. I mean, $2.50 for an entire outfit? First of all, I don't think that's even plausible, and perhaps it was Alan's "comedian" side kicking in. Considering how QE only mentioned that he was a "real estate entrepreneur", so either the producers were really scraping for a straight guy, or they really had no idea, in which they should be able to sue...

On another board, a lot of people mentioned that the F5 came off a lot meaner than they have in the past (although I believe that it was justifiable)...Even Jai, who put up a defence for Vinny's *ahem* singing, couldn't do anything except really point out how much he messed up.

When Kyan pointed out how much of Alan's place was a "s***hole", he seemed genuinely pissed off that Alan just wouldn't admit it.

Anyway, it did add some variety into the show; as in, week after week, it's not just happy guy after happy guy, but I hope for the producers and the fab 5's sakes that they don't run into this kind of MB ever again.

aka the Shameless Shipper, because I really am shameless.
    .clocke.saula.the yobling.sculder.chris-rita.aj-annalisa.spoon-ice.

Jai, Kyan, Carson and other blends at the art of being me

FORT Newbie

Hold on a minute...

First, I wanted to say that I loved this episode. The straight guy was kind of a sleazeball in his cheap ways, but I didn't mind him questioning Kyan and Carson. I prefer that the straight guys question the Fab 5 becasue it shows that they are actively involved in the situation and not witless participants.

The initial 15 mins were hilarious especially Ted (I love the Monty Python reference) and Thom (he does so many weird voices). I also found Alan's ineptitude completely hilarious as well and especially enjoyed Thom's comment, "Hold on guys, I think we have a real life Rain Man on our hands."

But, I have to say that perhaps you guys are being a little to harsh and prejudicial towards Alan. First of all, no one knows whether or not Alan lied to the producers. That was an assumption some of you guys made. I doubt there was much the producers didn't know seeing as how they inveiwed his friends and family and most certainly do background checks (not doing one is unheard of in the Reality TV industry.) Secondly, though he is a comedian, as indicated in his website and the CNN story, he MOST DEFINITELY is a cheapskate despite his real estate; writing books on how to be cheap and pinching every penny. Even moderately wealthy straight guys can be utter cheap slobs (and he definitely was.) Also, it was mentioned in the episode that he owned property and in the article, it mentions that though he does own many properties, he rents all of them out except for the one bedroom apartment he lives in (persumably, the one shown on the show). All the other space in the building he rents out to fellow comedians.

Anyway, that is in defense of him. Of course, IF he were lying, then he's a complete manipulative scumbag and I don't like him :-)!

Quote Originally Posted by Durante
    First, I wanted to say that I loved this episode. The straight guy was kind of a sleazeball in his cheap ways, but I didn't mind him questioning Kyan and Carson. I prefer that the straight guys question the Fab 5 becasue it shows that they are actively involved in the situation and not witless participants......

Durante! Where have you been all this time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast