+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: QEFTSG 9/23: The tightwad, social misfit challenge

I did not like the straight guy chosen this time. He was wrong for the show and is probably embarassed by how he came off. There was no chemistry with the guys and him.

When he was sweepojng up the broken glass and repeating like a mantra, "Don't buy nice things" Man this guy would really do well with some therapy, he has got something goin on and I felt sorry for him.

About the awkward silence. You realize the producers chose to have the editors leave that in. I think they were making a point.
    Last edited by Candybar; 09-25-2003 at 03:00 AM.

He is a comedian????!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickie
    If anyone's interested, he has a website at http://www.alancorey.com/

There's a link on there to this CNN article about how rich he is. All that money and he couldn't get his girl something nice...
    I just read the web site and discovered this guy is a comedian? Help me with this please. Am I misreading? I must be misreading.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I thought the show was hysterical this week. What a lost cause this guy was...and still is.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Thanks for the recap. I'm okay with the choice. There are different people who will have different reactions. It doesn't hurt for him to ask questions or challenge them. At least, it shows that he's thinking.

I'm a part klutz too. As soon as that first bottle started to tip and he caught it was the time to have put the rest againt the wall or else where. That was a sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    I just read the web site and discovered this guy is a comedian? Help me with this please. Am I misreading? I must be misreading.

He's a comedian!!! What? I thought I had read somewhere that they wouldn't accept actors on the show? This is really weird? Does anyone have any insight on this?

At any rate, I might as well comment on the show...hehe...I thought it was hilarious, I was laughing and laughing, it was funny! But, now that I know he is a somewhat pro comedian, I have to wonder how much of it was planned. :mad:

-L

Immature and not likeable

This guy wasn't very likable and not funny. When I was watching him get ready I got the impression he was doing some of it on purpose because he thought it was funny. Like the eating the cheese off his shoe & wiping the food plate with a sweat rag. He came across as a immature geeky lush. At least they made him change from that little boy striped shirt. He needs a class in basic hygiene 101. The only saving grace from this show was the Fab five and the commercial from the next episode, "Butch" which is my favorite straight guy.

Also, on the CNN/Money story about him, it says he lives in a 7 bedroom house, and rents out his one bedroom Condo - This all sounds like a scam against the Fab 5 to me!

Rick

CNN/MONEY Article -
    So far, Corey's done pretty well for himself. He owns a one-bedroom condominium in Brooklyn that he rents out. Located in the newly trendy Fort Greene neighborhood, the apartment is worth about $200,000 -- far more than the $99,000 he paid for it in January 2002 with a $10,000 down payment.
    He also bought a seven-bedroom house in Brooklyn this January, where he lives and rents the other six rooms to comedians he's befriended after two years on the New York comedy circuit. This rental income enables him to pay his mortgages and save for his next real estate deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Texas
    Also, on the CNN/Money story about him, it says he lives in a 7 bedroom house, and rents out his one bedroom Condo - This all sounds like a scam against the Fab 5 to me!

Rick
    Rick, I think you're on to something here. This guy gave me the willies. I wasn't sure why until now.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    Hrmph... I don't like the sound of that. Smells like a conspiracy to me! But... wouldn't the network check them out pretty thouroughly? :nono

Having read that article, I also think that he lied to the show about what all he did. I think if the show knew about him being a comedian, then it would have been brought up sometime in the episode. That and he was in that rathole apartment. They did mention the house, could he have moved to it after the show and before the article? If so, then the Fab 5's (and Thom in particular) work was all for naught. That would suck big time. Alan is not looking good at all, and more tarnish seems to be uncovered every day.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast