+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: from NY Post Page Six

from NY Post Page Six

BLACK EYE FOR QUEER EYES?

ALL is not well with the Queer Eyes. Kyan Douglas, Ted Allen, Carson Kressley, Jai Rodriguez and Thom Filicia, the swishy stars of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy," aren't as happy as they should be with their hit show and NBC. The fab five showed up at Entertainment Weekly's pre-Emmy bash Friday night at White Lotus in Hollywood and "proceded to grumble all night about how they are being ripped off," said our spy. "They drank and were really gloomy." The five are being paid a mere $3,000 per show, and signed a book deal for $1.2 million - to be split five ways, not including what goes to their agents. They also fly coach. "It was poor form to be that openly complaining at an industry party," the source said. "Ashton Kutcher brought Demi Moore over to them and left within seconds because they had such pusses on their faces." NBC can't be all that happy, either. While "Queer Eye" is doing well, the network wanted to use the guys to boost "Access Hollywood," its celeb magazine show. " 'Access' put them on for a full half-hour last week and the ratings tanked," an insider said.

[end]

they fly coach???? that is a travesty!

If NBC wants them to be happy, they should try paying them what they are worth. I understand that they signed a pretty crappy contract, but considering that they are the talent of the show, you'd think that the network would want to keep them happy and give them other perks as well as bonuses. It does seem extremely unfair that QEFTSG makes tons of money, and everyone is getting rich except for the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    If NBC wants them to be happy, they should try paying them what they are worth. I understand that they signed a pretty crappy contract, but considering that they are the talent of the show, you'd think that the network would want to keep them happy and give them other perks as well as bonuses. It does seem extremely unfair that QEFTSG makes tons of money, and everyone is getting rich except for the stars.

I agree, hopefully they only signed a one year contract, so next season they can get a HUGE pay increase. Those guy deserve a lot more than 3000
    a week! Bit players on soap operas get paid more than that

I read in Entertainment Weekly that they each signed a 5 year contract and that the amount they get paid each year only goes up by some ridiculously small number. I also read that they don't even get paid for most of the appearances to promote the show.

It just seems so unfair that everyone is getting rich off them and they seem to be earning very little. I'd be pissed too, if it was MY wit, charm and talent that was being used to create a show and attract an audience and I was being paid $36,000 a year.

I wonder why they signed a contract if they were in disagreement, unless that came afterwards. Although, they might not be getting paid a lot, hopefully their fame, special invitations, and book deal (whatever else will be coming their way) will help make up the difference.

From every thing I have read about this, it sounds like the following happened.

First the fab five were chosen for the part . They were all offered the same contract, which paid them $3000 per episode for the first season and locked them into a 5 year deal with minimal increases each year. During this time, Bravo was a very small network with only one very minor hit (Inside the Actor's studio). Soon afterwards, Bravo was bought by NBC and right after the show began airing and became a hit, they decided to begin showing QEFTSG on NBC. I guess no one anticipated that the show would become so popular.

I wonder what is the penalty for breaking their contracts and if they have enough leverage to negotiate new terms. It's not like NBC can replace them with new talent, and if they decided to sue the fab five, it will cost them tons of money and possible tarnish the show. I would think that if all five of them were to stick together then maybe they can negotiate a new contract.

Although I favor this combination of men, like in anything else, there is always someone either better or worse.

If they were to break their contract, it might be understandable, but might not look good for them.

Does anyone know when those contracts were signed? Bravo has been around for some time and have had some great shows and movies on it. In my area, they used to be a premium channel for an extra charge, like HBO.

Argh!! Unfortunately I never thought the boys were doing the show for money. I guess that not all of them are as rich as Thom and can afford to work for such chicken feed. Why on earth did Bravo sign them for five years? What if the show tanked? Would the station breach the contract and then that would be okay? Dangit...NBC needs to get their butt in gear and start treating the boys like the genius stars they are. And no more bloody coach. Albeit, five hot men cramped in there like that could lead to some exciting flights.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    As much as I would adore sitting next to one of the Fab Five on my next coach flight, they should AT LEAST get complimentary first class tickets! They're celebrities! Duh...

I think it's crap that NBC is getting mad because Access Hollywood didn't get good ratings. I, for one, didn't even know about it until I stumbled across it by accident. Perhaps they should up their advertisements.

As for being in a bad mood when talking to Ashton and Demi... who can blame them? Lets put a NBC executive on a coach flight, pay him 36,000 dollars a year, and see how he likes it :rolleyes:.

Personally, I think the show is a hit. Therefore, if they soon demanded more money, NBC would have no choice but to say yes. What are they going to do, get a whole new Fab Five? I think not. Everyone knows and loves these guys, and I guarantee no one would watch QEFTSG with a completely new cast. I know I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by elysive
    ......five hot men cramped in there like that could lead to some exciting flights.
    and a lot of knee bumping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast