+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: from NY Post Page Six

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Morgan~*~
    ....I think it's crap that NBC is getting mad because Access Hollywood didn't get good ratings. I, for one, didn't even know about it until I stumbled across it by accident. Perhaps they should up their advertisements."

"As for being in a bad mood when talking to Ashton and Demi... who can blame them? Lets put a NBC executive on a coach flight, pay him 36,000 dollars a year, and see how he likes it :rolleyes:."

It's nicer to try and portray a good mood. Other celebs or the public have nothing to do with the money issue. It's too bad they all couldn't have enjoyed each others company more.

"...I guarantee no one would watch QEFTSG with a completely new cast. I know I wouldn't
    You lost on that guarantee. I would watch because it was the premise of the show that I was interested in. Even if they all got tons of money, they may still want to move onto others projects and the QE/SG is a good show and IMO, should continue and have its viewers.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    You lost on that guarantee. I would watch because it was the premise of the show that I was interested in. Even if they all got tons of money, they may still want to move onto others projects and the QE/SG is a good show and IMO, should continue and have its viewers.
    My apologies... let me rephrase... I probably wouldn't watch it .

I do have good news though! A quote from a recent interview on MSN.com (the link is in another thread I believe) tells me that Carson is very deticated to his work.

Even if the anticipated blockbuster fame and fortune don't come Kressley's way for a while, he is content to ride this "Queer Eye" wave.

"We're doing the Lord's work," he believes. "I'm here to be His servant."

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Morgan~*~
    My apologies... let me rephrase... I probably wouldn't watch it ."

IMO, no apologies needed!

I do have good news though! A quote from a recent interview on MSN.com (the link is in another thread I believe) tells me that Carson is very deticated to his work.
    He sure shows it. I like the detail info he gives on what, why, and where he bought the clothes. He never fails to make me LOL. Hey, it's Queer Eye Tuesday!

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    He sure shows it. I like the detail info he gives on what, why, and where he bought the clothes. He never fails to make me LOL. Hey, it's Queer Eye Tuesday!
    I know! I'm so excited, it's on twice tonight! *does a happy dance*

It's not quite $36,000 per year per Fab 5. With the book deal split, it's roughly $300k each. Not bad for a show on a small network that found a niche.

And regardless of a 5-year contract, if they bring it back, they will be in a bargaining position.

Details of the FAB 5's contracts can be found on The Smoking Gun.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/qeblair1.html

Moejoe
    If they were any smart, beter copy the strategy of "Friends" 's cast. They stuck together to strike a deal for everyone: either the whole group or no one. They were very sucessful making a hugeload of money.

I hope they actually do this for real. No diva, or star. Everyone is in it together. That way they can make a lot more money and stay together as a group.

[Albeit, five hot men cramped in there like that could lead to some exciting flights. [/QUOTE]

I suddenly feel the urge to book a flight....

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoe
    If they were any smart, beter copy the strategy of "Friends" 's cast. They stuck together to strike a deal for everyone: either the whole group or no one. They were very sucessful making a hugeload of money.

I hope they actually do this for real. No diva, or star. Everyone is in it together. That way they can make a lot more money and stay together as a group.
    Moejoe!

I'm with you in hoping that they stick with it as a group and for the gay community as well. They have to know that how they behave is going to shape people's perception of the gay community.

Meanwhile, the network execs are living up to their reputation as scums. How dare they give QEFTSG a promotion to NBC and not give them a huge bonus!!!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapa
    Moejoe!

I'm with you in hoping that they stick with it as a group and for the gay community as well. They have to know that how they behave is going to shape people's perception of the gay community.

Meanwhile, the network execs are living up to their reputation as scums. How dare they give QEFTSG a promotion to NBC and not give them a huge bonus!!!
    They are going to stick together according to this article.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/ent...nt/6844610.htm

Good for them, but I really had no doubt they would stick together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast