+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fab Five on different shows?

I am just seconds away from hopping over the TV just to watch the boyz. As for Oprah, (no comment)
    Did the I miss the Fab Five on the Emmys?!?!
    I did manage to catch the parody, Straight Eye for The Queer Guy. This one was 2 STR8 Guys trying to butch up Bobby Trendy. (looks for a spoon) Bobby Trendy really makes me wanna sratch a chalk board but the set up & look was VERY Queer Eye and I did laugh on the segment though....

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Kyan had two long haired beared guys to groom.
    They both looked fantatic afterwards and one of them, who was probably in his 50's started to cry and said he felt like he was alive again.
    Such a sweet moment.
    The guy in his 50's looked amazing, but the other guy really looked androgynous.

I must have missed that, but I think Bobby Trendy is hilarious. I've got two words for you: "Fabulous"! (that was from the Anna Nicole Show)

tmtokill

If anyone taped the Fab Five on Oprah, could I borrow it? I got home late in the day and did not set the VCR before I left on Friday. Boo hoo for me.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    I wasn't all that happy with the Oprah show. Maybe it's just me (I don't usually watch the show), but it didn't seem like they could get a word in. Thom didn't even get to comment on his own creation. So sad . I thought we would get to see a lot more interaction with the boys and their makeover men...

Anyone catch Access Hollywood tonight? I, persoally, enjoyed it a lot more. Giving the Fab Five microphones and letting them run wild? Always a good idea .

I was really looking forward to the F5 on Oprah, but i was not impressed at all. It seemed like they had neutered Carson! Not one joke from him, not even a grope at the straight guys, lol. I didn't like how Oprah sped through the entire show and didn't even take 5 minutes to interview the F5. I didn't enjoy it very much. The guys didn't even have a chance to do their shock and awe and make their comments about the straight guys.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    I was really looking forward to the F5 on Oprah, but i was not impressed at all. It seemed like they had neutered Carson! Not one joke from him, not even a grope at the straight guys, lol. I didn't like how Oprah sped through the entire show and didn't even take 5 minutes to interview the F5. I didn't enjoy it very much. The guys didn't even have a chance to do their shock and awe and make their comments about the straight guys.
    I couldn't agree more. I was so excited to see this, but I don't think it was worth it at all. The whole reason we love the guys so much is because they're edgy, loud, and fun. We got to see none of that on Oprah. She cut them off everytime they tried to say something for more than two seconds. Perhaps they just tried to do too much. I think they should have found a single person to make over... sort of like a mini-episiode. I think that would have cut down a lot of the time she took to introduce everyone. Then maybe they could have actually SAID something .

FORT Newbie
    Hmmmm, I liked the show. Yes, they crammed in a lot and the boys didn't get to talk much, but it was Oprah, not QEftSG. Given the constraints they were up against, I think they did a good job of giving all 5 guys their moment to shine. And the boys seemed very happy and excited to be there. Good for them!! Carson did seem a little muted, but Thom and Kyan were fabulous. I thought Ted and Jai did well, too. They did more of an interview/q&a for the after show. Too bad many people don't get that, but I think a clip is up at oprah.com. All in all, I pretty much enjoy seeing the boys on TV in any format.

OMG, I missed the F5 on Access Hollywood (grr, down with employment, it's overrated!). Does anyone know where/if it could ever be rerun????

Also, where and when was Bobby Trendy and the Straight Eye parody run?

Quote Originally Posted by elysive
    OMG, I missed the F5 on Access Hollywood (grr, down with employment, it's overrated!)"

Also, where and when was Bobby Trendy and the Straight Eye parody run?
    I saw him on the Anna Nicole Smith show last season. (I didn't get into it this year). Maybe he changed, but I thought he was such an untalented, phony, butt a real pain in the @$$. I thought his stuff was sophmoric crap, which might have been what she wanted, but he tried to pass it off as good stuff. IMO, he just seemed as if he wasn't a "real" person.

If he changed or if others like him, well, I guess that's good. Maybe he got a coach or developed a persona. I guess whatever works.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast