+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The boys are on E! News Live tonight

FORT Newbie

The boys are on E! News Live tonight

Hi!! New person here.

I just turned on E! News Live and they said the boys would be on the show tonight. They made a little announcement last week that just said Ted and Thom would be there to re-do the set, so not sure if they will all be on or not. Anyway, I think the show repeats tomorrow, if you don't catch it tonight.

Welcome Kyanatic!!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to keep a look out. Hope you enjoy your time here at the FORT!!

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the welcome, libra.

Here are some of the highlights:

The interview was just on and it was Ted and Thom in the studio. It started out by saying they had a big announcement to make.
    Thom-"Ted's a woman."
    Ted-"Thom's straight!"
    Actually, they said that they had signed with William Morris, I guess just the 2 of them, since I think the other 3 have agents already. They said they are on hiatus now and the other 3 are back in NY, but are heading out there (they should really be invited to the Emmys, IMO) and they are getting ready to start up with filming new episodes. Talked a little about Oprah and a fan that came up to them and was practically hyperventilating. Thom talked a little about his design company and Ted said he had just been to a Gay and Lesbian journalism convention, to which Thom replied, that's what they're calling it now. It was a really good interview, the 2 of them were in fine form, so catch it on a repeat if you can. They made a point of saying that the main priority is the show itself, promoting that and making it the best it can be (can't remember the exact wording). Now, if only NBC/Bravo would give them a little raise, that would be nice.

Kyanatic

I missed it. Does anyone know if there will be a repeat and when?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Kyanatic

I missed it. Does anyone know if there will be a repeat and when?
    The show will be repeated at 12:00 Noon EDT Tuesday. I live in Central Time and it will be on at 11:00 AM tomorrow here.

Thanks Rick Texas!

FORT Newbie
    Hi eldee and Rick Texas!

Some new info from Access Hollywood. They did a little teaser for their show tomorrow and they said, they're on the payroll, they're working for us, the exclusive Queer Eye announcement tomorrow. So, I guess one of these shows wised up and hired the boys to work as correspondents or something. Maybe their first gig will be the Emmys. Tune in tomorrow for more info.

Good info. Although the presentation was scripted, I thought they did a good job on MTV's live VMA. With their talent, Access Hollywood should be a walk in the park.

Jai did some interviews for new straight guys for upcoming shows yesterday. I checked the Bravo site and did not see another session set up. I guess they got enough fashionably challenged guys for another session. I wonder when and where they will start to tape and air the new ones.

FORT Newbie
    They do best when they're allowed to just be themselves. Even on Leno, some of it seemed a little forced, but I still enjoyed watching them. Leno, not so much. It will be interesting to see what AH does with them and if they can incorporate the 5 areas. Carson, Jai and Kyan should be easy. Maybe Thom will critique/redesign the sets and Ted the food at the after parties.

From the E! interview, it sounds like they will start filming new episodes fairly soon. They mentioned (half kidding) that the other 3 were doing prep work in NY, while they were sitting by the pool in LA. Hopefully, they won't make us wait too long, but then again, I don't want the guys to get overworked or anything.

[QUOTE=Kyanatic]They do best when they're allowed to just be themselves...

As much as I enjoy seeing them, I wouldn't want them to get over exposed either. It would be interesting if they all got together for a reunion and showed the before, after, and current situation the guys are in and their homes. I would like to know how the changes affected their lives and what (good or bad) they got out of it.

Did George find love and get his own gym? Did John the cop get teased by his fellow officers? When I John's wedding? Etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast