+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Montana Family Coalition = Morons

Your idiot for the day...

http://www.advocate.com/new_news.asp...20&sd=09/11/03

>>The conservative Montana Family Coalition plans to launch a campaign against the new television show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, calling it trash that should not be on TV. The coalition's executive director, Julie Millam, said the group's campaign will target advertisers who air commercials during the one-hour reality show, which features five gay designers who give aesthetically inept straight men head-to-toe makeovers. "To me, that's not a reality show about gay people," Millam said. "A really good reality show for gay people would be five gay men dying of AIDS(!!)."<<

Discuss.

To voice your feelings to the MFC, please feel free to e-mail them at mfc@in-tch.com

FLuFFy_slayer
    "A really good reality show for gay people would be five gay men dying of AIDS."
    Ugh. Why do people like that exist? If you don't like it, turn the channel.

FLuFFy_slayer, that's what I think about fleas and ticks, but they're still here!

I'm sure DiSaronno is going to really miss the Montana Family Coalition business.

These people are idiots. And I say that only because I'm respecting the PG-13 nature of this site. I'd like to say much worse.

These nuts just don't see the show as the fun it is
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

FORT Regular

Fudamentalists agree: Queer Eye is sodomizing your brain!

The Montana Familty Coalition, formerly the Montana Christian Coalition, considers itself "Montana's premier defender of the family." It is with this in mind that MFC has begun an advertiser boycott of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." They would like to inform you that "Queer Eye" is "outrageous," and that "everytime [you] turn on the TV it's something to do with gay people." The fine folks at MFC further advise you that "a really good reality show for gay people would be five gay men dying of AIDS."

If you, too, would prefer the televised death of gay people to a makeover show, you can read more about the Montana Family Coalition's efforts here.

Fun stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by FLuFFy_slayer
    Ugh. Why do people like that exist? If you don't like it, turn the channel.

This is ridiculous. Why is it so hard for people to realize that if you don't like something ignore it. If you make a big stink it will get ratings and not go away. Remember the movie Showgirls...that show would have died a quick death if not for all the protesting. I know many people who went just because someone told them not to.

Don't get me wrong, I love QEFTSG. These people need to get a life.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Regular
    Just to explain why my post didn't say anything new, I had started my own thread not realizing this one existed. A kind moderator just moved it here. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyBristow23
    These nuts just don't see the show as the fun it is
    Its not an issue of "fun" or "non-fun" with them. They are so intolerant that for them its basically an issue that they don't want the "Queer Guys" to even exist, much less be on TV.

Honestly, I don't think ten million letters to them will change their minds. The shame is that these campaigns DO occasionally sway people in the middle, who might feel uncomfortable with Gay culture, but who'd never say or mean anything as putrid as that AIDS statement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast