+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Montana Family Coalition = Morons

Quote Originally Posted by chase1291
    Thom, Ted, Jai, Carson, and Kyan, I need your help. Okay, Kyan can just stand there while I look at him (you're invited to pull up a love seat too for a front row viewing ), and Thom can talk in his sexy voice, Jai can shake his groove thing, Carson can pick some nice clothes for me and Ted can feed me some warm, dark chocolate. I need some pampering!
    WOW! Now that sounds like a perfect evening at home to me [/QUOTE]

Mmm, now we're talking. Let's make it a looooong sofa for all of us!

Maybe I should feel sorry for that Montana group because I don't know that much about them. However, people with that type of radical POV turn me off and I don't trust people like that.
    Chase 1291, that looks like Matthew Sheppard on your avatar. I wonder if the Montana Family Coalition had a few choice words to say about him and what happened. I've seen two TV movies about what happened to him. One was better than the MTV one, but I can't remember who make the one with Stockard Channing.

Hopefully, the coalition will do for "Queer Eye" what that lady from Michigan (Terry Somebody or the Other) did for "Married with Children". This woman got America to sample MWC just to see what the racket was all about, and it sent the show's ratings through the roof. I am sure TPTB at Bravo wouldn't mind some of that action.

Quote Originally Posted by chase
    I too am inclined to feel sorry for them, but my experience tells me that some of these types can be very dangerous.

chase, thus the reason for finding it really hard to practice tolerance for them. What they are saying is scary stuff and I'm sure that the ATF has them on their radar. They could emerge as the equivalent of the KKK for gays and that shouldn't be tolerated one bit.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapa
    What they are saying is scary stuff and I'm sure that the ATF has them on their radar. They could emerge as the equivalent of the KKK for gays and that shouldn't be tolerated one bit.
    Actually, this is pretty run-of-the-mill far-right religious wackoism. If you want to see it taken to the extreme, check out GodHatesFags.com. (Scroll down to enter.) Believe it or not, this is not a satirical website. These people actually believe this stuff and picket all kinds of places, from a restaurant that hires a gay person, to the funeral of highly-publicized hate-crime victim Matthew Shepard, to Bob Hope's funeral (Hope raised money for a couple of gay charities), with the most inflammatory of signs, such as stick-figure anal sex with a big red circle and slash ala non-smoking signs, or the catchy "Got AIDS Yet?" emblazoned on placards propped up by small children. They can't be arrested because they are always mindful of any police barriers and never call for violence. Hate speech is legal in the US.

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxviewer
    Actually, this is pretty run-of-the-mill far-right religious wackoism. If you want to see it taken to the extreme, check out GodHatesFags.com. (Scroll down to enter.)
    I think these people need to read their Bibles. The God I know is a God of love and forgiveness.

[QUOTE=pdxviewer]Actually, this is pretty run-of-the-mill far-right religious wackoism. If you want to see it taken to the extreme, check out GodHatesFags.com. (Scroll down to enter.) ./QUOTE]

I'm glad to see everyone taking this news with perspective. When I hear stuff about the Montana group and the godhates fags guy, I just get really angry, and I wanna do something. My first question when I saw the article was--what's their email address so I can tell them what I think of them. I had some second thoughts after reading your responses about how they're just sad and attention seekers and will only highlight QEFTSG's achievements.

The picketing guy was in Chicago a few months ago and the Q&A group on my campus was a bit in arms to go picket him, but after a lot of heated debate, we decided to do nothing. If anything, there are pledge drives organized online that take pledges for every hour that the bigot protests.

What do you guys think? What's a good way to be proactive and counter the hate these people are spewing? Protesting publications that give them attention? Email them? Set up a pledge drive if they keep it up?

Just frustrated, and sad that people like this have to pop up and TRY to hurt good people and institutions.
    -Erin

What do you guys think? What's a good way to be proactive and counter the hate these people are spewing? Protesting publications that give them attention? Email them? Set up a pledge drive if they keep it up?

Well, I for one will continue my happy lesbian life, without interruption, seclusion, and fear of those who hate me, or my like. I am and have always been happy with my decision to be gay, and won't allow the bigotry of any "sect" or "group" to change my behaviors. That includes (and is not limited to) watching QEFTSG.

By me NOT doing anything and going on in my life without them effecting me, should speak volumes in itself.

The gay men/women of the world have climbed mountains over decades and decades of repression...only to succeed in more ways than was ever imagined.
    This "group"....or whatever they are.... is just stuck on a mountain. They can't even make a dent in the success the human race has endured without thier presence.

Eh, just my .02 cents.
    Last edited by Maveno; 09-29-2003 at 04:09 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

[QUOTE=Maveno.......Well, I for one will continue my happy lesbian life, without interruption, seclusion, and fear of those who hate me, or my like. ..........By me NOT doing anything and going on in my life without them effecting me, should speak volumes in itself.

The gay men/women of the world have climbed mountains over decades and decades of repression...only to succeed in more ways than was ever imagined.
    This "group"....or whatever they are.... is just stuck on a mountain. They can't even make a dent in the success the human race has endured without thier presence.

Eh, just my .02 cents.[/QUOTE]

Your .02 cents is worth a lot here. I couldn't bring myself to read from that site. I don't want to read what hate mongers have to say right now. There is too much going on and I don't need any other frustrations. Maybe another time.

Like you basically said, being happy in your life is better than getting caught up in their, um, what is the word?...

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Your .02 cents is worth a lot here. I couldn't bring myself to read from that site. I don't want to read what hate mongers have to say right now. There is too much going on and I don't need any other frustrations. Maybe another time.

Like you basically said, being happy in your life is better than getting caught up in their, um, what is the word?...

Thanks eldee. I never went to the site. Nor will I ever go to a site like that...lord knows they'll think that I stumbled there to support the radical views they carry.

Life is too precious to worry about those types of people. So I don't.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven
    my decision to be gay
    Um, what? Do you mean that you just decided to be open and proud about it rather than hide it and try to get married or whatever? Or that you can be attracted to either sex and prefer women? Or are YOU the one the fundamentalists keep telling me about when they say "homosexuals" choose their "lifestyle?"

(Just some terminology tips for the heteros: try avoiding the words "homosexual" and "lifestyle" and you'll sound convincingly like you have hip gay friends. Just replace "homosexual" with "gays," "lesbians" or "gay people," and replace "(gay/alternative) lifestyle" with "being gay." There really is no one gay lifestyle -- there's not even a definable or identifiable common gay community, though that term is perfectly ok. There are just a bunch of gay and straight people living all kinds of different lives with complete ranges of beliefs, interests, family structures, ethnicities, politics, etc. And the one commonality among gay people is not that they have sex with other guys/girls, or how they make love, or anything having to do with sexual activity, but that they're attracted to the same sex. And if you think you can pull it off, you can try using the word "queer." I know I wouldn't be offended, but some would. Either use it around good friends or around younger or hip gay people, and be sure you use it as and adjective, not a noun. "Queer community center," "queer nightclub," "queer TV show" = ok, "a queer," "some queers" = probably not ok. That's my Fab 1 Billion Hip Tip for the day!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast