+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Montana Family Coalition = Morons

exactly elsee. He will continue to be a Doctor, (and I should mention his doctorate is in psychology) and although he has always counsiled patients, he will now do so with more.... authority??

it's funny that you ask ifhe is openly gay... I assume so as I've always known, but it's not like he announces it when meeting other people

I wish this coalition could meet people like him, then after raving about what great people they are find out that the person they rave about and care for is gay. HA!
    Last edited by cali; 09-17-2003 at 09:04 AM.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I loved your story, cali. I'm saddened to see Christians responding this way. How can wishing death upon someone be Christ-like? I also don't understand how this show affects them and their lives. If they don't agree with it, don't watch it, don't let your children watch it. There are many things on TV I don't agree with, but I never wish death upon someone. MFC's actions are worse than any so-called "sin" the fab 5 have done.

I absolutely love QEFTSG, and I find the Fab 5 to be great, kind, fun loving people.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    ...If they don't agree with it, don't watch it, don't let your children watch it. There are many things on TV I don't agree with, but I never wish death upon someone. ...
    EXACTLY! It seems so simple doesn't it?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by pdxviewer
    The Montana Familty Coalition, formerly the Montana Christian Coalition, considers itself "Montana's premier defender of the family." .....
    What family? The dysfunctional one? It's one thing when you don't agree with something, but to wish people harm and even death is something else. What does that say about family values? What if one of the members had a gay relative? Would that person be made to wear a scarlet G, get tarred and feathered or stoned to death?

I missed that 11th commandment about judging and hating your neighbor when they are different from you.

This time I can't waste my time with them. I'm not one to talk to a stone wall. When a group or its leader is that extreme, I won't knock myself out. I'm sure it won't do any good, especially if I can't communicate in person to those people. Mmm, I wonder if they would drown those pesky AIDS babies too? Does anyone know if they happen to shave their heads and have certain tatoos?

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I missed that 11th commandment about judging and hating your neighbor when they are different from you.
    Actually, Romans says "Judge not lest ye also be judged and found wanting." These people pick what they want to out of the Bible and use it to their own advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by alixtheweaver
    Actually, Romans says "Judge not lest ye also be judged and found wanting." These people pick what they want to out of the Bible and use it to their own advantage.
    Jesus words are in the gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. If you never have read them specifically get hold of a contemporary Bible translation like the NIV or the New Living Translation, book stores have lots, and see how they speak to you. I was amazed and they changed my life forever. Jesus flat out commands us to Love one another, it is not a suggestion.

I am glad the Montana Family Coalition removed Christian from their groups name. Her words are not representative of Christians but only of her group.

I do resent that the word "family" is now being used as a banner under which to fly all sort of ideologies, just as "values" was not long ago.

Since the woman from Montana did not say she wanted the Fab 5 dead I think it is important note that and to address what she did say.

"To me, that's not a reality show about gay people," Millam said. "A really good reality show for gay people would be five gay men dying of AIDS(!!)."

Does she not understand that Reality shows are games. Aids is not a game. Having Aids is not a game. Some people who have Aids are gay, all people who have Aids are not.

Illness is not the fodder for Reality TV.

Regarding naother writers comments on shaved heads. Lots of guys have begun shaving their heads who have none of "those kinds" of tatoos (I assume you were referring to swasticas) or leanings. It is becoming fashionable among some losing their hair early set to shave it all off.

One more thing here, back to the Fab Five. While the show does reinforce some stereotypes, albeit humorously, it also introduces a wide population of viewers to a broad range of personalities, all gay. I recently had a young adult say to me that where they were from they did not know one gay person. Had never seen a gay person. ( of course we know that is not reality)This leaves that person dependent on media stereotypes which I see QE as breaking and that is good.

I am trying to love people one unique face at a time.

Did you know that it is primarily in the US that Christianity is identified as being right wing. In Great Britian that is not the case.

I am a Christian. I follow Jesus. My life is changed.
    Last edited by Candybar; 09-20-2003 at 02:04 PM.

I read about that thru my newsletter subscrip. Well they have their opinons & what have nots. Who cares, their 15 minutes of fame is up & Queer Eye is a hit!

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    ........ Regarding naother writers comments on shaved heads. Lots of guys have begun shaving their heads who have none of "those kinds" of tatoos (I assume you were referring to swasticas) or leanings. It is becoming fashionable among some losing their hair early set to shave it all off.
    That would be me! Actually, I was alluding to "skin heads", but thought that people would make the connection, just the way you did. I believed that people would not be confused and have thought the same of just anyone who shaves their head, lose their hair due to genetics, or to the unfortunate children with cancer who lose their hair due to chemotherapy.

However, thanks for making it clearer for anyone who might have been confused by that post.

Thom, Ted, Jai, Carson, and Kyan, I need your help. Okay, Kyan can just stand there while I look at him (you're invited to pull up a love seat too for a front row viewing ), and Thom can talk in his sexy voice, Jai can shake his groove thing, Carson can pick some nice clothes for me and Ted can feed me some warm, dark chocolate. I need some pampering![/QUOTE]

WOW! Now that sounds like a perfect evening at home to me

Quote Originally Posted by Hapa
    This is one of those times that it's really hard to practice tolerace for the intolerant (Montana Family Coalition).
    I too am inclined to feel sorry for them, but my experience tells me that some of these types can be very dangerous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast