+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Montana Family Coalition = Morons

Wow. I haven't been to this forum in a couple of days, and I come to check in on what's new, and I find this. I am at a lost for words. Just the thought that such ignorant people like this exists suddens me. Wow. I don't know what to say

-Lyzetth

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzetth
    Wow. I don't know what to say.
    That's because "Queer Eye" has sodomized your brain! Don't you understand its harmful effects?

amazing...really.

I sit here wondering why I'm NOT pissed at this person/group... then I realized... I have nothing but pity for them. I shake my head in sadness at all they will never know because their minds are completely closed.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    amazing...really.

I sit here wondering why I'm NOT pissed at this person/group... then I realized... I have nothing but pity for them. I shake my head in sadness at all they will never know because their minds are completely closed.

I feel the same way about my best friend.

Hey all,

I'm new to the FORT (well, if you don't count my habitual lurking since AI2. heh) and I felt that I had to respond to this thread. As a native Montanan soon to be returning to Big Sky Country after living on both the East and West Coasts, I'm personally disgusted by the Montana Family Coalition. I hate to tell "Montana's premier defender of the family" but if they are so determined to defend the family, then they should focus on issues that aren't going to make them laughingstocks....say, perhaps safe sex and teen pregnancy, which is on the rise in Montana....instead of lambasting an enjoyable television show and putting themselves on the same "admirable" level as the Unabomber and the Montana Freemen.

*sighs* no wonder most people think Montanans are uneducated hicks.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

IronicTwister

I don't think any such thing about Montanans, just maybe that particular group. I'm glad you stopped lurking and decided to join us! Now that you're here, don't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    IronicTwister

I don't think any such thing about Montanans, just maybe that particular group. I'm glad you stopped lurking and decided to join us! Now that you're here, don't go away.
    Thanks for the welcome, Eldee! It's amazing what people think about Montanans (especially here on the East Coast). Of course, most of what you see in the media are the extremists like the MFC....

Anyways, I plan on hanging around a bit here, especially since I've become a Tedaholic. I just have a thing for dork-chic!

The more I watch Ted and Thom (TT) the better I like them. They just seem to be shining more per episode!

FORT Newbie
    IronicTwister--Did you catch Ted on E! News Live tonight? He and Thom were smokin' hot.

eldee--I love Thom!! When I first started watching, not so much. Kyan appeals to my, OMG! That man is so hot, side, while Thom appeals to my snarky sarcastic side. And his work is amazing!!

Topic--I'm sure these MFC people consider themselves to be good Christian people. :rolleyes What they need to do is open their minds a little. Or maybe a LOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by IronicTwister
    Thanks for the welcome, Eldee! It's amazing what people think about Montanans (especially here on the East Coast). Of course, most of what you see in the media are the extremists like the MFC....

Anyways, I plan on hanging around a bit here, especially since I've become a Tedaholic. I just have a thing for dork-chic!
    Heh heh...we could trade stories, IronicTwister...I lived in Florida for 2 1/2 years and it was AMAZING the questions/ideas people came up with about Montana. Most are amazed to find I've never even riden a horse, even after living in MT for 30 years.

On topic, I was heartened to read in the Billings (MT) Gazette Online about all the letters to the editor from Montanans who were disgusted with the comments of the MFC. One even was awarded the Golden Pen award for the week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast