+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Queer Eye Lawsuit

FORT Regular

The Queer Eye Lawsuit

Blair Boone, the Incredible Vanishing Culture Guy who mysteriously appeared in just two episodes of Queer Eye, has filed a lawsuit. At $3,000 per episode, the phantom fabuloso earned $6,000 for his work. But Blair wants to be paid for a "full production year" of 35 episodes -- a total of $105,000. Blair says, "When I see the million-dollar book deal, I have to clench my teeth - that's what I expected to see and [to] be a part of."

Full story: http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/4763.htm

I thought he was replaced because his schedule didn't work with the taping schedule? How odd.

Edited to add:

It's suspicious that they waited to file suit to find out if the show was a success, though. He could have gotten his $6k, and the show cancelled, and he'd be in the same boat with no one to sue. Because of that, I don't feel bad for him, really.

Good point, John, it does seem peculiar that he would wait to sue until NOW.

:rolleyes Whatever...this guy isn't half as cute as Jai is anyway!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    I think the suit is ridiculous. You can't just get hired, get dropped, then demand a full year's salary. Who's ever going to hire Blair again knowing that he'll sue for an entire year of non-labor if one ever dares to fire him? It sounds like the show's better off minus this maven.

Are there any articles that explain exactly why he left or was replaced?

It's hard for me to feel heartbroken about his absence since he was only in two of the episodes, neither of which showcased his personality or expertise...

I think his lawsuit is frivolous, but he should get some sort of residuals each time they air the Adam Z. and Tom K. episodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Pacheco
    I think his lawsuit is frivolous, but he should get some sort of residuals each time they air the Adam Z. and Tom K. episodes...
    I agree with you. This seems fair to me. Still, I can't help but wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye (pardon the pun)...

Quote Originally Posted by Alisette
    I agree with you. This seems fair to me. Still, I can't help but wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye (pardon the pun)...
    I'm with you...I would be lying if I didn't suspect his replacement had something to do with race...which is terribly unfortunate...

The article said, "The producers said that NBC and Bravo had to let me go, that it basically had to do with the fact that the show had a different idea with what they wanted to do with the 'culture guy,' "

Yeah, like personality, creativity, participation, etc, need I add more? Sorry Blair, but the chemistry wasn't there with the other four, the way it is with Jai.

don't let your career hit you on the way out...

somewhere in the many links to articles on this forum is two, one in which the Executive Producer is asked why Blair isn't around anymore and he responds that "Blair just didn't work out" with the others and and another in which Carsen says basically the same thing. Blair was clearly fired and my impression was it was based on the fact because he didn't get along with the others; I think the producers "different idea" of culture involved finding someone who might actually be able to get along with other human beings.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

To me, based on the two episodes, he had the personality of a mop. Maybe it was the editing. Who knows? But all of the others, especially Carson, are really dynamic and verbal, and he just...wasn't. I don't think the "chemistry" was there. He was abad fit for the group. Square peg in a round hole, and all that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast