+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Queer Eye Lawsuit

FORT Newbie

read

this was posted by MightyMouse under the thread Great Article>> http://www.africana.com/articles/dai...0827queeri.asp >> Can you feel the arrogance in the article

Quote Originally Posted by WellAhLookyHere
    Can you feel the arrogance in the article
    Honestly, I don't think the article is arrogant at all. It's actually very postive about "Queer Eye", imo. Just read the last 2 paragraphs to see what I mean.

And, just so there's not mistake, the article was written by James Hannaham, who was apparently the Culture Guy in the original pilot. He is NOT Blair Boone (who is the one suing and is the subject of this thread).

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone have a picture of the guy bringing on the law suit? I missed the episodes he was in and absolutly love Jai. Just curious what he looks like.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlizz35
    Does anyone have a picture of the guy bringing on the law suit? I missed the episodes he was in and absolutly love Jai. Just curious what he looks like.
    There's a photo of Blair in the NY Post article: http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/4763.htm

I'm kind of on this guy's side. Why? Well think about it. Seeing how popular "Queer Eye" has turned out to be, he's hardly being greedy asking for salary only. If he were a real opportunist he'd be suing for damages--implying that the show "owed" him for the money he missed out on having to quit his other job, and "damage" to his rep for being cast off, etc. And he's NOT whining about that stuff, other than an off-hand mention that he had to quit his other job, and he's not trying to screw Bravo/NBC for every penny possible. In fact, after legal costs he'll be lucky to get much anyway even if he DOES win.

Some may disagree whether he's owed that salary, but I certainly don't blame him for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio Pacheco
    I'm with you...I would be lying if I didn't suspect his replacement had something to do with race...which is terribly unfortunate...

I don't think so at all...This "Blair" guy was BORING with NO flair or personality...both of which Jai simply possesses beyond all reason (Man is he PEPPY)...Anyhow I think it had ALL to do with "Blair"'s lack of TALENT...and perhaps his "PRIMA DONNA" attitude (as evidenced by the WHINING LAWSUIT this bitter loser has filed. I say GOOD RIDDANCE....
    ~No Day But Today~

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    I'm kind of on this guy's side. Why? Well think about it. Seeing how popular "Queer Eye" has turned out to be, he's hardly being greedy asking for salary only. If he were a real opportunist he'd be suing for damages--implying that the show "owed" him for the money he missed out on having to quit his other job, and "damage" to his rep for being cast off, etc. And he's NOT whining about that stuff, other than an off-hand mention that he had to quit his other job, and he's not trying to screw Bravo/NBC for every penny possible.
    I believe he is in fact trying to get every dime out of them he can. I'm a HUGEEEEE NFL fan and I could only imagine what would happen if every single player a team had in training camp got the full season salary because they were there for 3 weeks- would they be able to sue for the playoff salary they missed out on? Can every person let go from a successful restaraunt say hey I want to be paid as if I worked there for a year? What about lawyers who don't make partner, professors who don't get tenure or salespeople who don't make quota? If in fact Blair were to win this suit, it would basically send the message it's not necessary to succeed once you get the job, you can still coast on others hard work and aptitude. I am sure we have all had a situation that didn't work out, he needs to lick his ego and move on.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

I agree that Blair just wasn't right for the job. I remember in one of his two episodes, he just went shopping for a bunch of CDs to add to the "straight guy's" selection. BORING! At least Jai adds culture in an interesting way that has something to do with the subject's personality (i.e. singing, dancing, saying I love you in a foreign language, etc.).

It has to do with making the person and his living conditions better. Not changing the person into something else. They all listen to what the needs of ther person is and take all of that into consideration.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Pacheco
    I'm with you...I would be lying if I didn't suspect his replacement had something to do with race...which is terribly unfortunate...

That makes no sense since they replaced him with someone who is puerto rican!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast