+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Article...

mightymouse

Great Article...

...goes into how the show came into being and some of the original cast. Apparently, Carson and Ted were the only original members!

http://www.africana.com/articles/dai...0827queeri.asp

Mr. Obvious
    Interesting read. Thanks for the link mightymouse.

So, the original 5 didn't include Thom, Jai, or Kyan, and Carson's gonna be on E! True Hollywood Story sometime in the next year. To be honest, I didn't really understand the 'culture' guy job either.

The guy who wrote this was the African-American culture guy that was on episode one, right?

mightymouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    Interesting read. Thanks for the link mightymouse.

The guy who wrote this was the African-American culture guy that was on episode one, right?

From what I gathered, I don't think it was the same guy that appeared in two of the episodes.

Dallas
    No, the author was James, not Blair; --d

kyngsladye
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas
    No, the author was James, not Blair; --d
    Yeah, I heard that Blair had scheduling conflicts and they had to replace him.

Great article! Thanks for posting the link, MM!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Rio Pacheco
    Thank you for posting that...very interesting read!!!

I agree...the 'Culture Vulture's' duties are ambiguous at best (almost bordering on unnecessary)...although, that seems rather irrelevant...Jai brings a great deal of charm and enthusiasm, which is indispensable at this point...

FORT Newbie
    http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|83316|1|,00.html

Hapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Pacheco
    Thank you for posting that...very interesting read!!!

I agree...the 'Culture Vulture's' duties are ambiguous at best (almost bordering on unnecessary)...although, that seems rather irrelevant...Jai brings a great deal of charm and enthusiasm, which is indispensable at this point...
    Great article! I enjoyed it too.....

I agree that the 'Culture Vulture" hasn't really found a clear role to play. These clueless guys really need exposure to more culture, etiquette, and behavioral polishing. Perhaps lessons on how to be charming would be a good role for Jai. He'd be a good role model too!

+ Reply to Thread