+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Queer Eye' Guys Heading to 'Miami'

'Queer Eye' Guys Heading to 'Miami'

'Queer Eye' Guys Heading to 'Miami'

Wed Aug 20, 1:05 AM ET
    By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The Fab Five have a queer eye for scripted television, too.

The stars of Bravo's breakthrough reality series "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy," who have become a staple on the talk show circuit in the past few weeks, will appear on an episode of the NBC comedy "Good Morning, Miami."

The Fab Five -- Carson Kressley (fashion), Thom Filicia (interior design), Ted Allen (food and wine), Kyan Douglas (grooming) and Jai Rodriguez (culture) -- will guest star as themselves in the second episode of "Good Morning Miami's" upcoming second season.

The episode, which will also feature guest stars Jillian Barberie and Tiffani Thiessen, is scheduled to air Oct. 7.

"Good Morning, Miami," created and executive produced by Emmy winners Max Mutchnick and David Kohan, the duo behind the gay-themed hit NBC sitcom "Will & Grace," stars Mark Feuerstein as Jake, a rising TV producer who takes over a low-rated Miami morning show, and Ashley Williams as Dylan, a hair stylist on the show who takes over Jake's heart.

It was the show's writing staff's general fondness for the Fab Five, the style gurus' expressed interest to appear on a sitcom and a story need in the plot for the episode that made their guest appearances happen, said the show's executive producer, Bill Prady.

"It was a wonderful confluence of things that all came together," he said. "And considering the way we dress, we were looking for a way to get ourselves made over at the show's expense," Prady said, referring to sitcom writers' trademark casual dressing style.

In a scene that is filming Wednesday, the Fab Five will meet Dylan and Jake in New York, where the couple moves, and will transform their little studio apartment into a nice living space.

"Queer Eye" has shattered a number of rating records since its premiere on NBC's sister cable channel Bravo and has been getting a second window on the NBC network.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Well, I have never had interest in this show, but I will definitely be tuning in to see this!

Thanks for the info!!

Lyzetth

FORT Newbie
    This surprised me; I thought the show was cancelled. Good for it for surviving the odds!

Anyway, I noticed the article said that the Fab 5 would be decorating the main couple's apartment in New York (after they moved there). Will they have to change the name of the show, or can they develop a scenario for Good Morning Miami to be based in New York?

I wondered the same thing, Dave. How the heck can a show called "Good Morning, Miami" have it's 2 stars move to New York?

Here's a pic of the Fab 5 on the upcoming Good Morning, Miami show...

[IMG]images/img/2GMMam03.jpg[/IMG]

The Fab-Five are great, and I don't blame them for grabbing exposure, but "Good Morning, Miami" is one of the most pathethic, derivative, unfunny shows ever. And since it is an NBC Production, its gotten something of a free ride and lots of cross-promotion from NBC (it was cross promoted with "Last Comic Standing, one earlier example).

Bravo is owned by NBC, by the way, for those of you who don't already know that. :-) So the producer quotes about "wonderful confluences" should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Oh my dog, why did they have to be on this show instead of ANY OTHER NBC show????? You know a series needs help when people only tune in for its costars. I just hope the Fab 5 don't get overexposed. They have such a good thing going.

Tiffani Amber Thiessen is also on the show this season, which means I might have to tune in.

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar

Good Morning Miami

Just a reminder that the guys are featured on Good Morning Miami tomorrow night. I've never watched the show before but I will tomorrow night!

"Good Morning, Manhattan", Episode #202.
    Jake and Dylan hope to find a new beginning in the Big Apple, where their apartment is transformed by the Fab Five from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.''

Cast: Mark Feuerstein, Ashley Williams, Matt Letscher, Jere Burns, Constance Zimmer, Tiffani Thiessen, Jillian Barberie, Ted Allen, Kyan Douglas, Carson Kressley, Thom Filicia, Jai Rodriguez.
    Producer(s): Max Mutchnick, David Kohan.

Original Airdate: October 7, 2003.

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    The Fab-Five are great, and I don't blame them for grabbing exposure, but "Good Morning, Miami" is one of the most pathethic, derivative, unfunny shows ever.
    Like someone else here, I thought Good Morning Miami was cancelled too! They should have had them redo a long standing show. I realize Friends and Fraiser are both in their final seasons but it would have been funny to see the Fab 5 race across country to redo Fraiser's apartment, or if sticking to NY, Joey's or Ross'!

Sorry about starting a new thread John! I didn't read back far enough to see one already existed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast