Kyan Douglas - Grooming Guru
"And what do you want for Christmas, little boy?" Santa said to the perfectly coiffed six-year-old on his lap in a shopping mall, somewhere in Florida. The boy looked up, teeth gleaming like an Ultra-Brite spokesmodel. "Santa, all I want for Christmas is to let the world know how important exfoliating is to rejuvenating new skin cells. It helps people's skin look younger and gives their face a chance to retain a youthful appearance well into their prime of life."
Kyan Douglas realized on that day he had a mission to save the world and even Santa could only help minutely in this huge task. So with his mixture of sea salts and moisturizers, he set out to share his secrets of youth with the men of the world — even the straight ones. And while he is well past 128 years old, he looks not a day over 27.
Kyan is a specialist in men's skin care has had extensive training and professional experience in the Hair, Spa and Retail industries. He received his certification in cosmetology from the Aveda Institute New York, and worked as a colorist at the upscale Arrojo Studio in Soho. He has worked as a colorist for television and magazine projects including TLC's What Not To Wear, While You Were Out and Child Magazine.
1. Describe your ideal vacation — location and activities.
Camping at the beach with a beautiful man! Horseback riding on the beach, bonfires, scuba diving, swimming, lots of great seafood and wine, reading and naked naps.
2. What type of workout keeps you in shape?
Aerobic training, strength training and some yoga.
3. What's your favorite "guilty pleasure?"
4. What product or item could you not live without?
5. What is your all-time favorite book?
6. What was the name and species of your childhood pet?
"Muffin" — a miniature schnauzer.
"Ginger" — a golden retriever.
7. What celebrity do you think has an amazing sense of style?
Ashton Kutcher, yum!
8. Which celebrity would you most like to makeover?
9. What is the worst style faux pas a person can commit?
10. What's your biggest pet peeve?
11. Who is your role model or personal inspiration?