+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Kyan Douglas - Grooming Guru

Florida?

>>I don't understand why Kyan isn't cutting people's hair and styling it for them. It seems like his sole purpose on the show is to tell people to trim their nosehair and jujj their hair from back to front. What doesn't make sense is that Kyan is a very well known hairstylist in Florida, and you would think that they would let him use his talents on people instead of just watch while someone else cuts the hair and gets the glory.<<

Florida? Where in Florida? I thought these guys were all East Coast, New York types, although one of them - Ted? - came from Chicago? I better read their bios again.

If Kyan is well known in your area, do you know if he is still working as a colorist/stylist or does the show take all his time now?

I am not suprised that the amount of responses to doesnt not come close to Carson's thread. Kyan is my personal fave versus Carson who comes in a close second. Kyan is the looker of the other 4. And since Kyan's talents should be more hands on now than this and that's I do agree.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBlondie
    >>I don't understand why Kyan isn't cutting people's hair and styling it for them. It seems like his sole purpose on the show is to tell people to trim their nosehair and jujj their hair from back to front. What doesn't make sense is that Kyan is a very well known hairstylist in Florida, and you would think that they would let him use his talents on people instead of just watch while someone else cuts the hair and gets the glory.<<

Florida? Where in Florida? I thought these guys were all East Coast, New York types, although one of them - Ted? - came from Chicago? I better read their bios again.

If Kyan is well known in your area, do you know if he is still working as a colorist/stylist or does the show take all his time now?
    Hey Blondie: When the show first came out, I read an article in the Miami Herald that said Kyan was a well known stylist from Miami, but that he had moved to New York to work in a salon up there. I don't know how recently he worked in Florida, but I wish I had had the chance to have my hair done by him when he was here.

My personal favorite of the fab five is Carson, not only because of his great wit, but I think he's adorable too. Kyan would be my second favorite though.

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    I absolutely love Kyan. He just seem so gentle and caring. Even when the guys are complete slobs, he's a perfect gentlemen when telling them what to they need change. That, and he's a total hottie . I would say that he's my favorite, but they all have qualities that make them sparkle in their own special ways .

I love Kyan. He always comes off to me as like a proud mother (back in the adam episode, he just glowed when adam did things right or adjusted lamp shades and would say "ooooh adam") soo cute.

Did anyone notice in the Alan episode that during the QE observation of Alan flying solo (like in the batcave? what are we calling that hotel/studio?), that Kyan seemed to be drunk? He was soooo giggly and his eyes a little glazed over. And after his hard run with Alan's stubbornness, I joked to my roommate that he was probably already drunk (cause he wasn't getting mad or saying much or anythiing. he was just laughing and falling over), but AFTER I said that...wow, it was hilarious. I think I hit the nail on the head. He HAD to be drunk to laugh at Alan's shaving mishap..ouch ouch ouch!

[QUOTE=HeyBlondie said:]Florida? Where in Florida? I thought these guys were all East Coast, New York types, although one of them - Ted? - came from Chicago? I better read their bios again.QUOTE]

Carson is from Allentown, PA. Ted grew up in Carmel, Indiana/Ohio and is now a resident of Chicago. Jai is from Long Island. Thom is from Syracuse.
    "Kyan Douglas, one fifth of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy's sartorial
    tag team, may be a Big Apple hair stylist -- but he has South Florida
    roots. He was born in Miami, moved with his family to Tampa when he was 4
    and then to Tallahassee. Douglas, 33, left Florida when he was 21 and
    lived in Texas and Louisiana before settling in New York City." But is a Jersey City resident now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

tmtokill, what a great pic. You got to love a guy to admits to an orange mullet.

Pining for the Fab 5 the_shipper's Avatar
    Lol...in that caption they say: "As a teen (then known as Eddie)..." So wait, what do they mean by that? Kyan's real name is Eddie as Jai's real name is David?

Eddie Douglas...doesn't have the same ring to it, lol.
    aka the Shameless Shipper, because I really am shameless.
    .clocke.saula.the yobling.sculder.chris-rita.aj-annalisa.spoon-ice.

Jai, Kyan, Carson and other blends at the art of being me

What about Edward Douglas? Nice name, but we're used to Kyan!

Pining for the Fab 5 the_shipper's Avatar
    Lol, that's a good point. But no offense to any Edwards..."Kyan" also seems much hotter, lol.
    aka the Shameless Shipper, because I really am shameless.
    .clocke.saula.the yobling.sculder.chris-rita.aj-annalisa.spoon-ice.

Jai, Kyan, Carson and other blends at the art of being me

+ Reply to Thread