+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ted Allen - Food & Wine Connoisseur

FORT Regular
    Ted Allen, comedian extraordinaire: take a listen to Ted Allen on a comic news quiz show on NPR called "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." It's a great show, but if you just want to advance to the Ted Allen segment, it's at 16m:09s to 26m:59s. Listen in Real Media or Windows Media.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxviewer
    Ted Allen, comedian extraordinaire: take a listen to Ted Allen on a comic news quiz show on NPR called "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." It's a great show, but if you just want to advance to the Ted Allen segment, it's at 16m:09s to 26m:59s. Listen in Real Media or Windows Media.

That was excellent! Thanks for the link. I really enjoy Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by kyngsladye
    But, unfortunately, he's the only attached guy of the Fab 5. (Not that he'd pick me anyway *sniff*.)
    Kyngsladye!

Have you noticed how his ring will be on one hand and at another time on the other hand? I thought it was a wedding band. What's up with that? You just might get your shot after all.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Not only does Ted have the subtle conclusion and perfect retort to so many of the jokes the other members of the Fab 5 but he also has a better sense of fashion......look at a picture of him next to Carson on any episode......always just enough color to surprise not shock.....He's probably not a better dancer then Jai...(or he too would have his own show on Broadway....but hey that may be in the works....who knows.....) and well groomed with out a gooey tan....

Personally, If I needed a make over...I'd talk to Ted and Thom's people...

Sorry I don't like this guy. Looks like a wannabe buddy holly. Why doesn't he make food that people will like? Foi Gras? Sushi? Nasty.

I like Ted. I don't think he is trying to look like Buddy Holly (RIP) or Elvis Costello.

He seems to want to make the "adult" parties just a bit nicer and wants to give people something more elegant than cheese whiz on a Ritz. In the last show, they seemed to like the Sushi. He always tells the SG first and so far, none of them have objected. Although, not everyone has his taste, they at least get to try something fancier and not pay for it. If they like it, then they can duplicate the food, if not, then they don't have to experiment at a fancy restaurant and pay big bucks for an uneaten meal. He gets a A for effort.

I like sushi. Nothing wrong with it at all.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Hey, he also did pizza and omlettes....

who doesnt like pizza........?

and for the record only the fois gras was a flop...the people there seemed to like the sushi...except for the one piece with way too much wasabi....it was tuna shrimp and rice....no where near as exotic as it could be ...but perfect for a party....

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Have you noticed how his ring will be on one hand and at another time on the other hand? I thought it was a wedding band. What's up with that? You just might get your shot after all.
    I noticed that in Adam's episode he isn't wearing his ring at all, on either hand. And I don't think he has it on in Tom K's episode. Those were the first 2 filmed, even though they were aired out of order. Correct? I can't imagine that he would be asked to take it off or if he was asked, that he would agree to that. He's been with his hubby for 10 years, so I also doubt that they just had their commitment ceremony/marriage (help, I have no idea what to call it, especially since I don't actually know what Ted and Barry did). Anyway, I do wish he would pick a hand and stick with it. lol It's one less thing I have to concentrate on when I watch the show.

I love Ted and at least he admitted that the foie gras recipe may not have been one of his finest moments. I think he's trying to expand the culinary tastes of the MBs/friends/families and I give him A for effort and an A for being the geeky cutie pie that he is. And I love his glasses.

FORT Regular
    Ted needs to get a clue. I think all of his dishes have been turnoffs, except for the rack of lamb maybe. I have yet to see people react genuinely amazed when they eat the dishes he suggests. They are just too extravagant, even for gay people. And they don't look all that appetizing. It seems every episode that someone has a weird look when they taste the food, like "okay. . . where's the real food?"

+ Reply to Thread