Carson Kressley was born in 1969 and received his first piece of couture at the humble and tender age of 4. He slowly learned that he was a gifted child by realizing that plaid and stripes never go together and pleats make your butt look huge. He developed his keen fashion sense on the playground, mixing and matching outfits of all the children in his head and daydreaming of a world where everyone knew it was a cardinal sin to wear white after Labor Day. This constant daydreaming caused him to excel in the fashion world and obviously made him the last boy chosen in gym class.
In his professional life, Carson is an independent stylist who spent many years working with Polo Ralph Lauren in New York City, specializing in the design aspect of the men's sportswear division. He also supervised fashion styling for the company's national retail advertising campaigns. Carson graduated Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Gettysburg College with degrees in Finance and Fine Art, and is also an avid, nationally ranked equestrian. That means he has a beautiful mind and always looks suave in the saddle.
1. Describe your ideal vacation — location and activities.
Two weeks in Paris with really good credit.
2. What type of workout keeps you in shape?
Shopping is my cardio!
3. What's your favorite "guilty pleasure?"
Cavalli and lots of cha-ching!
4. What product or item could you not live without?
5. What is your all-time favorite book?
The Bible -or- "Are You There God? It's Me Margaret." It's a toss-up!
6. What was the name and species of your childhood pet?
"Sparky" - a dapple-grey Shetland pony.
7. What celebrity do you think has an amazing sense of style?
Liz Taylor. The things she could do with a simple 21-carat solitaire!
8. Which celebrity would you most like to makeover, and why?
George Bush. His taste is a little too Republican. Far too many black suit and red ties.
9. What is the worst style faux pas a person can commit?
Not being yourself.
10. What's your biggest pet peeve?
The words "pet peeve." Or mean people.
11. Who is your role model or personal inspiration?
Reese Witherspoon. She's spunky and has great hair!