+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Carson Kressley - Fashion Savant

FORT Regular
    Hey, I knew Carson rode horses, but did you know he was a member of the U.S. World Cup Equestrian Team?

FORT Fan
    Log Cabin Republican is not a generic term ; it is a political group of gay Republicans. You can go to www.logcabinrepublicans.com to find out..

On another note, Out.com reports that Carson has now gotten an agent\

In related news, fashionista Kressley has signed with entertainment powerhouse ICM for representation—and his smiling mug appears on the front page of Thursday’s Variety “It’s surreal,” Kressley tells Out.com. “I couldn’t imagine myself on the cover of [fashion trade magazine] DNR let alone Variety. I’m making a scrapbook for when I’m old and washed up.” The 33-year-old Kressley takes a quick pause, before adding with a wink: “Oh, I’m already old.”

FORT Fan
    FROM VARIETY

'Queer' guys flying higher
    ICM has an 'Eye' for fashionista Kressley

Queer eyes and straight guys can't get enough of the Fab Five.
    Bravo's "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" shattered more network ratings records this week, while NBC is planning yet another primetime slot for the "Queer Eye" guys.

And now, Fab Five fashionista Carson Kressley has signed with ICM for representation in all areas.

Kressley, a complete unknown at the start of the summer, suddenly finds himself in high demand, having garnered intense interest from several agencies.

The couture-minded breakout member of the makeover mavens, Kressley hopes to develop a network presence on the side, such as a regular morning show contributing gig. His reps will also explore commercial endorsements, as well as book and talkshow opportunities.

It's unclear how exclusive any of the Fab Five are to the NBC family, but Kressley's reps see potential for their client across the Peacock spectrum.

'Taken by him'

"Middle America is taken by him for so many reasons," said ICM's Babette Perry. "He's so accessible, so genuine and so aware of how fortunate he is. ... We have a lot of ideas, but we want Carson to be around for 20 years. We don't want to approach fly-by-night situations."

Kressley -- who's also an accomplished equestrian -- spent a great deal of his career at Polo Ralph Lauren, where he worked on men's sportswear before moving to the corporate advertising group. He's also worked on styling catalogs for a variety of department stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.

"Queer Eye" also stars Ted Allen, Kyan Douglas, Thom Filicia and Jai Rodriguez; together, the so-called Fab Five take a straight man and inject him with knowledge of food and wine, grooming, interior design, fashion and culture.

FORT Fan
    As I posted on another thread, I can see Carson (and maybe Kyan too) working for Access H ollywood - which is also partly owned by NBC - doing fashion reviews, award show red carpets, weekly segments on celeb trends, best dressed and worst dressed, best coiffed, and worst coiffed, and reporting on style etc... esp since Access Hollywood has lost "Cojo" - the very queeny People Magazine editor - to Entertainment Tonight. This would make perfect sense... Cojo also has appeared regularly on the Today Show - Depending on what t he Queerboys contract says - they could do the same for one of the other network morning shows or another daytime show such as Regis & Kelly, or the View - but that all depends on how exclusive to NBC their contracts are.

making sure Carson gets equal board time
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Certainlly the funniest of the Fab 5 and the one who most often starts a round of jokes the other members finish off.....He generally dresses other people very well..........If it weren't for putting Jay Leno in a Black Pin Striped Suit...what was he thinking....I dont think Carson has picked the wrong clothes for anyone....The right eye for style......

I think Carson looked absolutely adorable with curly hair (although I don't know which ep. you are refering to).

Sometimes I think he goes a big overboard with colors (yellow blazers and scarfs paired with blue pinstripes?) and prints (plaids against stripes, maybe if the guy really knows what he's doing, but i think that's dangerous advice there!)even though goodness knows the straight guys' drab can only be improved.

Oh Carson, you sweetie. And I DONT think he looks like Ellen.

Quote Originally Posted by elysive
    I think Carson looked absolutely adorable with curly hair (although I don't know which ep. you are refering to).

Sometimes I think he goes a big overboard with colors (yellow blazers and scarfs paired with blue pinstripes?) and prints (plaids against stripes, maybe if the guy really knows what he's doing, but i think that's dangerous advice there!)even though goodness knows the straight guys' drab can only be improved.

Oh Carson, you sweetie. And I DONT think he looks like Ellen.
    I love Carson's clothing because I think it fits his personality perfectly. He is a colorful, upbeat, funny and flamboyant person so why should he dress any other way? I totally appreciate how he doesn't push his flamboyant dress on others though, he caters the straight guys' clothing towards what fits their personality. That is what makes him wonderful at what he does.

I think Carson's style and colors are perfect for him, and that he does an amazing job creating personalized styles for the straight guys. It's just occasionally I don't understand why he puts yellow blazers (with blue pinstripe shirts) on Allen B. or instances like that.

Our boy Allen (9/23 Episode) was workin on Carson's nerves at the clothing store. Question after Question. Allen is awfully closeminded. The belt question was funny because Carson pushed Allen back into the dressing room and closed the door. That was a classic moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast