+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Carson Kressley - Fashion Savant

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    It doesn't bother me at all that he seems to be the one with the least personal fashion sense. How many times have you gone to a great hairdresser that has horrible hair? Or a great doctor that smokes 2 packs a day? Watch the Olympics...How many gymnastics coachs look like they could do a cartwheel?

Hmph!

Yeah, while we are at it, the girl that does my eyebrows has TERRIBLE eyebrows, yet she does a great job!

I don't think Carson goes on to long, he adds to the show! I don't know what the writer's deal is.

Whatever, we all love Carson, and that's what counts.

Lyzetth

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    FROM NEW YORK POST'S PAGE SIX COLUMN:

'QUEER EYE' NEEDS NEW GUY

BRAVO's hot new show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" may be a hit in the heartland, but some New Yorkers in the know are unimpressed. Star Carson Kressley "looks like he was freeze-dried in 1978 and brought back to life as a stereotypical 1970's queen," Robert Bryan, men's fashion director at the New York Times Magazine, sniffs to trade weekly DNR. "I can't believe that he worked at Ralph Lauren with those shirts, and the matching necklaces and bracelets. The irony of it all is that the other guys are better dressed than him." Out magazine editor in chief Brendan Lemon also takes a shot at Kressley, sniping, "He's the breakout star in terms of comedy and one-liners, although some people might find him to be the gay guy at dinner who won't shut up. He has some witty things to say, but goes on too long." And Long Nguyen, Flaunt's creative director, notes, "The show is good for a laugh, but good grief, the five guys all look the same - like Log Cabin Republicans."
    I think this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Log Cabin Republicans?

greenacres

Carson's suicide attempt at 16?

This taken from the well-respected Philadephia Inquirer. Carson grew up in PA, Allentown is about 40 minutes away from Philly. The son is NOW 33. I think it might be him.
    http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/4740021.htm

Jack Kressley, a retired Navy chief petty officer who spent 26 years working on submarines, told the senator the story of their youngest son, now 33.

Confused about his sexuality, fearful about his future, the teenager had tried to kill himself at age 16, Kressley told those who had gathered in Jubelirer's office. In the crisis, they realized their son was gay. They reached out for knowledge and support and eventually became leaders in Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.

"It was Jack who made the strongest impression on Sen. Jubelirer," Rabbi Schuman said. "We were in tears at the meeting."

When the group left the meeting, the Senate's president pro tempore was on board.

"He said to the gay community, 'I'm with you, but you have to go out and do the legwork, and you have to get the votes,' " said Drew Compton, an attorney for Jubelirer.

The above is very sad. I'm surprised such personal information about a hurtful time in Carson's life was even published. At least, I hope they had Carson's permission. If not, then that sucked.

Does anyone think Carson's hair looked very nice tonight?

testing new sig(which adds a Carson line)
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

and it works!

thanks eldee
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

Quote Originally Posted by mightymouse
    I think this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Log Cabin Republicans?

There is literally a coalition of gay Republican politicos in Washington called the Log Cabin Republicans and it is now the generic term for any gay GOP member. The reference comes from Abraham Lincoln's upbringing and is suppossed to evoke the idea that people can be open minded and find and be true to their own path as Honest Abe did (which then is supposed to help explain why any sane openly gay polician can be a member of the party that wants to put gay discrimination into law, but you REALLY don't want to get me started on that...). There has been whispers for years that the Log Cabiners along with moderates from both parties might make a third party unto themselves, now that I would be happy to talk about.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

greenacres
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    The above is very sad. I'm surprised such personal information about a hurtful time in Carson's life was even published. At least, I hope they had Carson's permission. If not, then that sucked.

I'm sure they did. Carson's parents are activists for homosexuals and their families, looking to make things better so others wouldn't have to go through the same things he did. I think it's touching that they were so supportive of him, and it explains why today he seems the most comfortable in his skin out of any of the guys. Support from those you love can make all the difference. That's how I see it.

I agree completely.It's awful that Carson had to attempt suicide as a teen because of his sexuality but isn't it amazing what came out of it.He is a really lucky guy to have such supportive parents.he probably is the most comfortable because of that very reason.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast