+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Carson Kressley - Fashion Savant

Carson definitely keeps the laughs coming. He is such a comic!

He is also good in picking and explaining the fashion. He knows how to enhance the guy to be the best that he can be and not change him into something great, but not really him.

Current fav out of the fab 5 and I'm laughing my head off every week
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

Gotta love Carson, he is SOOOOO funny.

I would love to see Kyan give him a makeover, because DAMN! That man could sure use a more flattering haircut.

Hmmmm......maybe one day they will turn on eachother? Did you all see the commercial for next weeks episode? Something along the lines of

"Is this the makeover that will make them turn on eachother?"

Funny stuff. I think the show wouldn't be the same without Carson's wit. I don't think a lot of people have the nerve to say some of the things that Carson says, although we might be thinking it.

I love Carson. Great fashion sense. I wish they would do a QE for the straight girl...I would love to have them give me a make over.

FORT Fan
    FROM NEW YORK POST'S PAGE SIX COLUMN:

'QUEER EYE' NEEDS NEW GUY

BRAVO's hot new show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" may be a hit in the heartland, but some New Yorkers in the know are unimpressed. Star Carson Kressley "looks like he was freeze-dried in 1978 and brought back to life as a stereotypical 1970's queen," Robert Bryan, men's fashion director at the New York Times Magazine, sniffs to trade weekly DNR. "I can't believe that he worked at Ralph Lauren with those shirts, and the matching necklaces and bracelets. The irony of it all is that the other guys are better dressed than him." Out magazine editor in chief Brendan Lemon also takes a shot at Kressley, sniping, "He's the breakout star in terms of comedy and one-liners, although some people might find him to be the gay guy at dinner who won't shut up. He has some witty things to say, but goes on too long." And Long Nguyen, Flaunt's creative director, notes, "The show is good for a laugh, but good grief, the five guys all look the same - like Log Cabin Republicans."

I disagree with the writer's attitude about Carson, but who cares? I enjoy all of the guys on the show. However, at times his TV style is questionable to me. The worst was for the first show. Who knows, he might be having fun with TV and the viewers.

It doesn't bother me at all that he seems to be the one with the least personal fashion sense. How many times have you gone to a great hairdresser that has horrible hair? Or a great doctor that smokes 2 packs a day? Watch the Olympics...How many gymnastics coachs look like they could do a cartwheel?

Hmph!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    It doesn't bother me at all that he seems to be the one with the least personal fashion sense. How many times have you gone to a great hairdresser that has horrible hair? Or a great doctor that smokes 2 packs a day? Watch the Olympics...How many gymnastics coachs look like they could do a cartwheel?

Hmph!
    I agree with you Zhora. I think Carson has done a fabulous job on the victims so far. I think some people are a tad bitter...
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora

Hmph!
    That reminds me of a puzzler I heard many years ago.

Question:

You walk into a barber shop that has two barbers. One barber has perfect hair, and the other has a terrible haircut. Who would you want to cut your hair?

Answer:

Probably the barber with the bad hair, because each barber probably cut each other's hair, so the one with the bad looking hair cut the hair of the barber with the good looking hair, and the barber with the good hair cut the other guys hair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast