+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Thom Filicia - Design Doctor

Love to love you, baby! puppylove's Avatar
    I just saw that on October 10, Bravo is having a QE marathon. 7 hours of episodes starting at 7pm!

Don't you just love 'em?

FORT Newbie
    I just saw the Andrew ep. this week for the 1st time (he's their own crew guy) and I have to compliment Thom on another amazing apartment makeover. The shade of blue he used in the bedroom was one of the most beautiful colors I've ever seen. I actually went to the Bravo site and looked up what color it was. Benjamin Moore "Marlboro Blue." And I love what he does with lighting. I didn't get it at first, when he spoke all the time about bad lighting, but once I see his makeovers and pay attention to where he puts the lights and how strong (or dim) they are, it really does make all the difference.
    I've also met him in person in Milwaukee, and he is just as incredible, warm and funny in person as he comes across on the show. Probably moreso!

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    next to a custom paint shop where they will mix any color known to the paint industry Benjamin Moore is the best way to get colors....Thom has plugged them a couple of times on the show....I found the perfect caboose red I needed once....I love this show for the tips they keep giving....

I've also met him in person in Milwaukee, and he is just as incredible, warm and funny in person as he comes across on the show. Probably moreso!

Hi lorelei, what day did you see him in Milwaukee? I was there at 7pm on Saturday. Did you take any pictures?

Don't you just love 'em?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by puppylove

Hi lorelei, what day did you see him in Milwaukee? I was there at 7pm on Saturday. Did you take any pictures?
    I was there at 1 pm on Saturday. He said it was his very first speaking engagement ever! Very exciting.
    I did take pictures, but I haven't developed them yet. I thought he was just wonderful, a very engaging speaker (for a first-timer!) and a lot of fun to listen and talk to. I've written more details about Thom and that day and my "encounter" on the Yahoo groups board.

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by lorelei
    I was there at 1 pm on Saturday. He said it was his very first speaking engagement ever! Very exciting.
    I did take pictures, but I haven't developed them yet. I thought he was just wonderful, a very engaging speaker (for a first-timer!) and a lot of fun to listen and talk to. I've written more details about Thom and that day and my "encounter" on the Yahoo groups board.
    Where is the Yahoo groups board?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by alixtheweaver
    Where is the Yahoo groups board?
    Go to www.yahoo.com. On the left it will say "connect" and you should click on "groups." Once there, put the name "thom filicia" in "search."
    This should bring up the first page. Then, click "messages," on the left.
    I'm sure there's probably an easier way to get there, but this is how I still do it. It's a very nice bunch of crazy people (I mean that affectionately!)

FORT Regular

lorelei - Do you know what number your Yahoo encounter post is? There are so many to read!
    I'd be interested in copies of your pictures (I'll pay development and postage, of course). Would that be ok? Mine didn't turn out that great. His mic was in the way and not too great facial expressions. I'd really appreciate it.

Don't you just love 'em?

Wow, deana! Your new avatar is freakin' me out!

Did everyone notice the change on Bravo's website in Thom's bio? In place of the Versailles Hampton house blurb, it now says:
    Thom's current obsession is a six acre-sized underwater bubble house (based on a little-known sketch by Leonardo Da Vinci) currently under construction on the floor of the Atlantic in the vicinity of the Bermuda Triangle.
    Silly Bravo! They don't lie in the other guys' bios! I had my hopes up there for the one gullible second. But then come on, would Thom want to be the Hampton's jackass who has the mansion of Versailles and is hated by all his neighbors? I'm thinkin' he's just a silly! His sense of humor has gone to the dog[sic], but in a good, Paco-ish way!

I just noticed something else in the interview. It says: "Soon establishing a mastery of color palettes and the importance of high-thread-count Egyptian Pima completely took precedence over any interest in sports or sociability in high school." What does that mean? Does that mean he was a nerd in high school? Unpopular? Lol..um, friendless? I wouldn't be TOTALLY surprised, because he seems like the kind of guy who would 1) be intimidatingly brilliant and 2) attract groupies in larger quantities than genuine friends. Or maybe they're just saying that, like in his make-over jobs, Thom just got into his demanding work and knocked the pants off people back in high school...er and hopefully in a literal sense.
    Last edited by elysive; 10-27-2003 at 03:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread