+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Thom Filicia - Design Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SweetKAngel
    Another one of my favorite is in the George episode and he's talking about the Victoria's Secret catalog. He makes the cutest face. Hell, everything he does is adorable!!
    okay guys! I just HAD to post this video clip. Enjoy!

Video of Victoria Comment...how voluuuptuous...

Since I can't get it, is it a snippet from that episode when he first looks at the catalog (expensive stuff, isn't it!) and then the dictionary?

elysive--- , thanks for posting the clip. I had told people here and on twop about both clips the one of thom and the one of Jai eating the straight people food. I felt guilting posting them since I didn't make them, but even worse keeping them all to myself. I don't know how the person made them but they haven't posted anymore. the group I got them from was "a girls view of queer eye". And it took too long to email them to people, so I started posting them in the other groups I belong to. If I get in trouble that's fine, the bit of happiness it brings will be worth it!
    and to eldee ---- why can't you get it? right click on link and save target as to save it to your computer and then you can view it later and anytime you feel the need for a little Thom. let me know if you still need help....

The message says something about an invalid proxy server. I just hope it wasn't something that I haven't seen before.

I still think it's cool that people know how to do those computer "things" and post them for us.

eldee, it shouldn't require a proxy server to download. go into your tools and internet options and under "connections" click on "LAN Settings"

If you have "Automatically detect settings" checked, uncheck it. Your browser may be automatically assuming that downloads require a proxy server and then it's getting confused when it can't find a proxy.

BTW--a proxy server means your browser connects to another server, like uchicago or some private network as opposed to your dial-up or cable service, and makes that service grab the file. Proxies are for people like me who use aol or sbc and still need to access to password protected university stuff. But fortunately my public folders/webpage shouldn't require passwords or proxies.

If that doesn't help I dont have any more suggestions. But no, the clip's probably not anything you haven't seen. Just a cut from the George ep.

Oh, and I didn't create this file...not claiming any authorship. Someone posted it in Yahoo groups (Thoms-Queer-Eye for those interested in joining). I'm thoroughly indebted and apologize if they wanted to post it here themselves or keep it private!

Goodluck! And if you do download it, enjoy Thom's little eye roll and drawl!!!! :eat Eat it up even!

XOXO
    -Erin

Quote Originally Posted by tmtokill
    elysive--- , thanks for posting the clip. I had told people here and on twop about both clips the one of thom and the one of Jai eating the straight people food.
    OMGosh, tmt, do you still have the straight people clip??? Wow, what I'd do to get ahold of that...ahem through some messenger? Sorry, I know I'm bad, just constantly on the prowl for more footage to play over and over. Wow, I wish I didn't have a laptop and could get a cool TV/Video card that would allow me to transfer analog video onto my computer.

But then, what am I saying? My bloody VCR isn't even recording nowadays, so I'd have to fix that first.

*sigh*

If ahem, anyone would be interested in upgrading their PC to such...um, I'm gonna go look up the stats and prices on the hardware anyway.

I posted both clips in several of the yahoo qe groups. Do you belong to the Ted Allen group? Both are here: Ted Allen Fan Group
    I didn't mind you posted the vs webster one. I didn't make them either but I wanted to share them. The group I got them from is moderated and hardly any of my last dozen posts make it online and I didn't want to piss anyone off by posting those files everywhere, but oh well! The joy that it has brought me or you is worth it! I scoured the net last night looking for any vid clips someone may have, I hate the ones you have to connect to the net to view. I am going to get a dvd recorder for xmas just to transfer my qe vid taped stuff to dvd. How sick is that? Don't bother getting your vcr fixed, it's cheaper these days to buy a new one. I wished I had the tech to get screen caps from qe and make the vids myself. I would be a nonstop qe vid making machine!
    Thanks for your support.
    Quote Originally Posted by elysive
    OMGosh, tmt, do you still have the straight people clip??? Wow, what I'd do to get ahold of that...ahem through some messenger? Sorry, I know I'm bad, just constantly on the prowl for more footage to play over and over. Wow, I wish I didn't have a laptop and could get a cool TV/Video card that would allow me to transfer analog video onto my computer.

But then, what am I saying? My bloody VCR isn't even recording nowadays, so I'd have to fix that first.

*sigh*

If ahem, anyone would be interested in upgrading their PC to such...um, I'm gonna go look up the stats and prices on the hardware anyway.

You folks are so cool. FORT members rock!

OMG tmt, I'm such an idiot! ha, it didn't register that it was you I was nabbing the video from! It's funny ever since way back when AI was on and I was claymating it about, I came to think of stuff like that kind of stuff (everyone and their dog made it) as public domain, copyright breaching as it were One way people tried to get around it was by putting their logo in the video where it can't be edited out.

You're so right about the VCR, although if it's gonna be trashed, I might as well take it apart and try to fix it myself cause it's a death-wish hobby of mine

Does the DVD burner your looking at have a driver that converts analog VCR to DVD? or just the DVD? I found the hardware last night that connects your VCR to your computer. I'll post info about it when i get home from school!

I know it's funny! I go from group to group and we're both there posting right after each other! Too funny! My ids are either tmtokill, tmtokill1998, or deanatmtotkill. And by the way it's nothing satanic or about tomatoes.
    It was time to kill. I'm at home all day long with loads of time on my hands.
    As for the DVD recorder thingy-I just downloaded a bunch of info about the best ones and all the good and bad things users have said, so I can keep an eye on the prices for xmas. They all say that it's easy to copy all your vhs tapes to dvd-r or dvd-ram (???blah blah). The DVD tech is all new to me-I still rent videos at blockbuster.
    You can email me privately so not to hog the thread.Take Care!
    Deana
    Quote Originally Posted by elysive
    OMG tmt, I'm such an idiot! ha, it didn't register that it was you I was nabbing the video from! It's funny ever since way back when AI was on and I was claymating it about, I came to think of stuff like that kind of stuff (everyone and their dog made it) as public domain, copyright breaching as it were One way people tried to get around it was by putting their logo in the video where it can't be edited out.

You're so right about the VCR, although if it's gonna be trashed, I might as well take it apart and try to fix it myself cause it's a death-wish hobby of mine

Does the DVD burner your looking at have a driver that converts analog VCR to DVD? or just the DVD? I found the hardware last night that connects your VCR to your computer. I'll post info about it when i get home from school!

+ Reply to Thread