+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Thom Filicia - Design Doctor

Erin, Like your new avatar too. As for thom's hamptons place, I think it's real. I believe there was an article in a home mag on it. As for the Atlantic ocean blurb, I think someone is pulling our leg. maybe someone hacked the system and changed it.?
    As for thom in hs I think he did ok in the popularity dept, he might not of been prom king but I doubt he was friendless.

Quote Originally Posted by tmtokill
    .........As for thom in hs I think he did ok in the popularity dept, he might not of been prom king but I doubt he was friendless.
    I don't see why the Hamptons, or any place, would be an issue for him or others in the neighborhood. He probably has some nice property and wouldn't care who thought what about him (as it should be). Did he ever hint that he was disliked anywhere or was that an assumption? I didn't see Oprah and missed a couple of interviews so, I haven't caught all of his TV appearances. I'm sure he is okay. If he is either liked or disliked by some and that is not unusual. He's probably too busy and famous to care anyway. Of course, we his fans only hope for the best.

I didn't mean to wish Thom poorly. I just thought it was a really strange line to put in his bio and wondered at why he would include it. He seems to be not only a very likable guy but also a well loved guy. Even though I still think he might haveve had groupies back in the day.

Whoever finally posted this stuff was probably a hacker or even on crack, but then on the other hand...

I found this article last night while searching for new Thom news:
    Star Telegram Interview
    Projects (real and imagined) in the works: an illustrated makeover book, another season on Bravo, a NASA moonwalk to help create "the most fabulous space station ever."
    Thom probably just has a wild imagination and a great sense of humor. As for the house, I read somewhere that it was very controversial. That's why I thought it may have stood out as kind of an embarassing public ego trip and maybe just one more joke...not that he doesn't deserve to do whatever he wants. And the house may be beautiful, in which case, who gives a damn whether it looks like Versailles? I hope he took the Versailles design and changed the color scheme!

But bubble house? What's going on? Whaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by elysive
    I didn't mean to wish Thom poorly. I just thought it was a really strange line to put in his bio and wondered at why he would include it. He seems to be not only a very likable guy but also a well loved guy. Even though I still think he might haveve had groupies back in the day........
    Elysive, I don't think anyone thought that you wished Thom poorly. I know that I don't think so. Your his fan too! I was confused about the part re: neighbors not liking him. I still don't know where that comment came from. Maybe I'm not supposed to, I just don't know.

If he didn't have groupies before, he must have a ton of them now! I've really warmed up to his personality and appreciate what he has done with the homes/apts. Some reality shows still do theme rooms, but I prefer what Thom does.

If anyone hears/reads about and QE/SGirls, please let us know. I need help!

hehe, you were confused? I wrote that post at 3:30am, and I'm still confusing myself. Ignore me, kids! Just talk amongst yourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by elysive
    hehe, you were confused? I wrote that post at 3:30am, and I'm still confusing myself. Ignore me, kids! Just talk amongst yourselves!
    We could never ignore you!!!

3:30a.m., aren't you tired! (yawn.)

[QUOTE=eldee]Elysive, I don't think anyone thought that you wished Thom poorly. I know that I don't think so. Your his fan too! I was confused about the part re: neighbors not liking him. I still don't know where that comment came from. Maybe I'm not supposed to, I just don't know.

I copied what someone in a previous post commented on his hamptons home and why his neighbors were mad.
    ---Thom's house was featured in House Beautiful or House and Garden, or something like that. It's modelled after a palace in Versailles (Louis XIV?) and his neighbours are pissed at him. There are trucks, dust, dirt and noise issues and no one is happy. He wanted to have the car port "invisible" since back then, they didn't exist. So, it's (supposedly) being designed underground. The gardens are also being modeled after the imperial french gardens, which is hard in the suburbs of New York. ----

And I didn't think you meant anything bad by the Thom comment. Get some sleep!

I am SOOO tired! I had school from 9am-9pm today and now I have a paper to write! Due at 10:30 tomorrow! Ack. And look at what I'm doing?? Well...thinking of Thom's ass always did make me more productive.

Love you guys! Do some chatting about QE for me while I'm out!
    Last edited by elysive; 10-27-2003 at 11:11 PM.

Elysive, I understand about that kind of school schedule. I have photography class tomorrow and there is a model shoot. Whenever that happens, I stay until 11:45 or 12 a.m., then I go to work the next day. Before mid-terms my schedule was very hectic. I won't say anything about the paper you haven't started yet other than good luck with it.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Thom is so obviously one of the top New York Designers and creative in the way he approaches design. I realize that most of his clients, the ones not on the show, can pay for the best of the best but he seems genuinely challanged to work with in the Bravo budget without compromising his standards or reputation...the rooms look fantastic...I know these guys are so lucky to have him on the show...even with four days and a staff which we all know if we have read this whole thread is what making over an entire NYC appartment takes...the transformations are stunning....Has Thom considered doing a museum exhibit as his next challange...one can only dream...

+ Reply to Thread