Jai Rodriguez - Culture Vulture
It's recess at an exclusive boys school on glamorous Long Island. The other fourth graders are running and yelling and hurling dodge balls at one another. Where's little Jai Rodriguez? He's in the band room, alone, finalizing the choreography for his first one-man show, J.J.: Live at Lunch. Most of his classmates haven't yet exuded quite the same enthusiasm for the theatre, but Jai takes solace in knowing that someday all that lost recess time will pay off. (As he was heard to say, "Name for me ONE famous dodge-ball player, mmm-kay?") Now Jai is sharing his quest for culture and style with men the world over, at least those with TVs and access to basic cable.
Jai is a talented actor, singer and dancer who is currently starring in the lead role of Zanna in the off-Broadway musical hit Zanna, Don't! Jai joined the production after a long stint on Broadway as Angel in the Tony Award-winning musical Rent. Jai is also a fixture among the hip NYC social set, regularly performing his solo act in the newest and hottest nightspots. On Queer Eye, Jai uses all aspects of his professional training and skills as a performer plus his social charisma to coach straight subjects on everything from mixing 'n mingling in a social setting, to conversation skills, and to being at ease on the dance floor.
1. Describe your ideal vacation — location and activities.
Beach. Boys. Good weather. Open bar.
2. What type of workout keeps you in shape?
Gym three times a week, plus dancing.
3. What's your favorite "guilty pleasure?"
4. What product or item could you not live without?
5. What is your all-time favorite book?
"Harry Potter." Sorry, it's a feel-good kids book!
6. What was the name and species of your childhood pet?
"Happy" — a hamster.
7. What celebrity do you think has an amazing sense of style?
8. Which celebrity would you most like to makeover, and why?
Jared Leto. I just want a good excuse to see him in his boxers.
9. What is the worst style faux pas a person can commit?
Trying too hard to be something they're not.
10. What's your biggest pet peeve?
People who are late or inconsiderate.
11. Who is your role model or personal inspiration?
Can't say it's one person. I have a few